A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
Question for y'all:

How would YOU like the story to finish? What scenario do you want?

If you feel you might be spoiling something in one of the latter books for someone else, please label the book and use the spoiler tag.

I hope Jon is really R+L's son. It seems pretty obvious but GRMM might troll us and change shyt up. He doesn't have to win the throne (i dont expect him to) or anything ... just go out as a hero.

Dany turns heel and becomes the mad queen and a bigger final antagonist than the Lannisters.

Aegon being a fake targ tho actually being a pretty good dude and dying a really fukked up death cuz he was a pawn in the game.

One of the young Starks ... preferably Bran because I'm partial to Arya, do some pretty morally questionable sh1t to break the Stark having honor thing ... maybe Arya assassinating someone "good" or a fan favorite or Bran warging :demonic: into an entire city and have them off themselves or something crazy like that :laugh:

The Others not being some clear cut evil dudes

:manny:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Dany was stupid for dissing Frog like that.

Your goal is to rule Westeros. Why do you give three flying fukks about Mereen. You deny his marriage offer to marry some nobody to save a city that doesn't matter in the long run.....nobody in Westeros would accept a Ghiscari as their king. So wheres the logic here :patrice: You can't save the entire world. Now you've alienated the only major house that would've supported you, while Aegon will slip right in and marry Arianne and get Dorne's support.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Cersei's such a dumb bytch. Penis envy personified.

Surrounded herself with the Replacements for her small council and against literally everyone's advice raised an ancient religious cult back to power just for them to immediately put her on trial :russ: treated Jaime and her Uncle like they were gumps only to beg for their help later. Her chapters are hilarious to read but I hate her character.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
Dany was stupid for dissing Frog like that.

Your goal is to rule Westeros. Why do you give three flying fukks about Mereen. You deny his marriage offer to marry some nobody to save a city that doesn't matter in the long run.....nobody in Westeros would accept a Ghiscari as their king. So wheres the logic here :patrice: You can't save the entire world. Now you've alienated the only major house that would've supported you, while Aegon will slip right in and marry Arianne and get Dorne's support.

which is why i feel her being a protagonist doesnt make any sense ... she has so much going for her, 3 dragons, unsullied, barristan who is the goat og in their world, second sons and stormcrows and hella bodies following them, prolly a khalasar too. seems like a lot of insurmountable odds for another protagonists to go against :patrice:

not to mention the fact that she hasnt been that likeable since she got to mereen, makes a lot of dumb choices and seems pretty petty at times. watching her eventually succumb to what drove her pops crazy would be more interesting imo. seeing the kingdom take aegons side despite the fact that he has no dragons and if he is actually a fake or a blackfyre - which would fit right into her mummers dragon prophecy, might make her say fukk it as she roasts him and everyone in her way. :lupe:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
which is why i feel her being a protagonist doesnt make any sense ... she has so much going for her, 3 dragons, unsullied, barristan who is the goat og in their world, second sons and stormcrows and hella bodies following them, prolly a khalasar too. seems like a lot of insurmountable odds for another protagonists to go against :patrice:

not to mention the fact that she hasnt been that likeable since she got to mereen, makes a lot of dumb choices and seems pretty petty at times. watching her eventually succumb to what drove her pops crazy would be more interesting imo. seeing the kingdom take aegons side despite the fact that he has no dragons and if he is actually a fake or a blackfyre - which would fit right into her mummers dragon prophecy, might make her say fukk it as she roasts him and everyone in her way. :lupe:

i think there's a good chance the people back aegon ahead of her. dragons may be a big deal but they only bring fire and blood. the people might not like these dragons and unsullied and dothraki and other foreigners coming over to wage war on what are basically other westerosi. the golden company are mostly exiled lords and their sons, grandsons and great grandsons. if they join up with highgarden or dorne, thats just more westerosi. stannis and his army - westerosi.

dany just has an army full of foreigners with the exception of the greyjoy navy who nobody likes anyway. so i fully expect dany to be a villain by the time this story finishes.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'd like to see Dany turn heel as well. Would make me :pachaha: @ Barristan for trading another psycho to follow.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly

i think there's a good chance the people back aegon ahead of her. dragons may be a big deal but they only bring fire and blood. the people might not like these dragons and unsullied and dothraki and other foreigners coming over to wage war on what are basically other westerosi. the golden company are mostly exiled lords and their sons, grandsons and great grandsons. if they join up with highgarden or dorne, thats just more westerosi. stannis and his army - westerosi.

dany just has an army full of foreigners with the exception of the greyjoy navy who nobody likes anyway. so i fully expect dany to be a villain by the time this story finishes.

Dany makes herself out to be the savior, the mother, that she's on a rightful cause but I have a hard time believing she'll step aside for Aegon to rule, and by rights, she should because Aegon is Rhaegar's son. She'll turn to Fire and Blood quick :pachaha: I could easily see her turning heel, enraged that she spent her entire life thinking of home, going through everything she went through only for Aegon to be welcomed back, and Westeros treating her, her dragons and her foreign army with scorn. I could see Dany wilding out for real :pachaha: that's right up George Martin's alley.

Maybe that happens, Dany turns heel for a moment, realize she's becoming her father and then decides to take her dragons to the wall to fight the Others even though the Realm hates her and supports Aegon. At the end, Jon dies somehow (but remembered a hero). Dany is still looked at negatively and returns to Mereen to be their Mhysa and Aegon sits the IT as a Targaryen even though he's Daemon Blackfyre's descendant.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Blackfyre's are still Targaryen

b*stard Targaryens :ld:

Irony is King Daeron, who all the modern Targs (Dany, Rhaegar, Viserys, real Aegon, Aerys, Aegon V, Jaeharys) descend from was rumored to be the child of King's brother and the Queen. Of course Aegon IV's word wasn't worth shiit :patrice: But if true, the Blackfyre's would be the REAL Targs since they descend from the actual king, Aegon the Unworthy, even if his son Daemon was a b*stard. I wonder if GRRM will ever make note of that. Now I think about it, THAT could be Varys' motivation.....knowing the Blackfyres (Aegon) are the real royal blood :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
since martin said a few would sit the iron throne before the show ends, who do y'all think is gonna get to take the seat?

im thinkin aegon will mos definitely get crowned at some point but will get offed. stannis will probably at least briefly become king ... he or aegon succeed tommen's reign. dany too of course, especially if they do end up going with the heel turn

i would like to see littlefinger become king for a minute tho, all that scheming gotta pay off right? :laugh: tyrion maybe getting the throne would be interesting too, the imp king :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
since martin said a few would sit the iron throne before the show ends, who do y'all think is gonna get to take the seat?

im thinkin aegon will mos definitely get crowned at some point but will get offed. stannis will probably at least briefly become king ... he or aegon succeed tommen's reign. dany too of course, especially if they do end up going with the heel turn

i would like to see littlefinger become king for a minute tho, all that scheming gotta pay off right? :laugh: tyrion maybe getting the throne would be interesting too, the imp king :patrice:

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Littlefinger sat on the throne at the end of the series. Possibly in the epilogue.

I know its tough to think of him sitting on it because he isn't part of a major house and he does not have his own POV nor does he have someone else's POV keeping watch on him, but HBO really played up that chaos is a ladder shyt in season 1. Why would they do that? They invented that scene, back when they didn't really invent any scenes that didn't revolve around titties.

D&D know the ending and they always have known it. What if they were dropping some deep foreshadowing? Lets not forget that in the books, it was Littlefinger who was the climax to the end of Act 1 (end of Storm of Swords). It was not Tyrion killing Tywin or Jon Snow becoming Lord Commander or anything involving Bran or Daenerys.. Littlefinger's Jon Arryn reveal was the end of the book (not counting the epilogue of course, which was more of a teaser).

He is already well on his way to controlling the Riverlands, Vale, and North. Whose to say an army won't follow? I could see him on top.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I don't think LIttlefinger wants anything as common as being the King. I think he wants to somehow control the entire seven kingdoms from the shadows. I really can't explain his motives. But its not something as obvious as being King. I think having him a similar hold (politically) on Westeros as The Iron Bank does is more his style personally.