A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Game of Thrones: George R.R. Martin Admits Readers Have Already Accurately Predicted the Ending
"So many readers were reading the books with so much attention that they were throwing up some theories and while some of those theories were amusing bulls—and creative, some of the theories are right. At least one or two readers had put together the extremely subtle and obscure clues that I'd planted in the books and came to the right solution."

"I’ve wrestled with this issue, because I do want to surprise my readers. I hate predictable fiction as a reader, I don’t want to write predictable I wrestled with that issue and I came to the conclusion that changing it would be a disaster, because the clues were there. You can’t do that, so I’m just going to go ahead. Some of my readers who don’t read the boards, which thankfully there are hundreds of thousands of them, will still be surprised and other readers will say: ‘see, I said that four years ago, I’m smarter than you guys."
http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollyw...eorge-rr-martin-readers-have-predicted-ending

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
Some of the dudes here think because Tyrion didn't mention Tysha on the show much that it wouldn't have made sense for Tyrion to find out and lash out on Jaime.

IMO they could have made it work and I'm not even a book purist like that. :manny:

i may be confusing the books with the show, but didnt tyrion tell the tysha story in season 2 with bron and shae in the tent?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
i may be confusing the books with the show, but didnt tyrion tell the tysha story in season 2 with bron and shae in the tent?

Yep, even @RickyGQ called it.

Also, that Tysha conversation could have EASILY been in place of that bullshyt beetle one Jamie and Tyrion had 2 weeks ago.

:ohhh:

That's genius. They could have ended it with Tyrion severing their brotherhood before the trial by combat and make Jaime look good for his redemption arc when he still comes to break Tyrion out of his cell.

Tyrion could still be on his "This changes nothing and I'll kill you the next time I see you" :birdman: steez and head on to kill Tywin.

fukkin' perfect.

Read this page

Dudes, really came in and said the audience wouldn't remember that far back and the book readers are just complaining. :beli:

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
would really like to see the show remedy that somehow next season but not sure how they could ... tyrions rift with jamie is one of the deciding factors for the next part of his arc ... plus that line he hit jamie with "fukking lancel and osmond kettleblack and moon boy" plagued him for a long time and led to his rift with cersei when she was getting sonned by high septon ... i dunno the show seemed to have fukked up here lol

edit: i guess one way to do it (even tho they prolly gonna insist on leaving that out to keep jamie's redemption arc straight forward in the show) is to have varys tell tyrion the truth once they made it cross the narrow sea :manny: cant think of any way else he'd learn the truth. but yeah ships prolly sailed on that anyhow.

on another note, i havent read thru the entire thread yet so my bad if this has been bought up - anyone read the theory about the high septon (the one who rearmed the faith) actually being howland reed? :ohhh:

Last edited:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
would really like to see the show remedy that somehow next season but not sure how they could ... tyrions rift with jamie is one of the deciding factors for the next part of his arc ... plus that line he hit jamie with "fukking lancel and osmond kettleblack and moon boy" plagued him for a long time and led to his rift with cersei when she was getting sonned by high septon ... i dunno the show seemed to have fukked up here lol

on another note, i havent read thru the entire thread yet so my bad if this has been bought up - anyone read the theory about the high septon (the one who rearmed the faith) actually being howland reed? :ohhh:

yeah but that would be fukked up considering the reeds worship the old gods.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
yeah but that would be fukked up considering the reeds worship the old gods.

true, but i think the theory goes that howland been scheming and that he is literally using the south's faith against them, so he is essentially playing a role to fukk sh1t up in king's landing instead of being a true believer acting out of religious beliefs :manny:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
true, but i think the theory goes that howland been scheming and that he is literally using the south's faith against them, so he is essentially playing a role to fukk sh1t up in king's landing instead of being a true believer acting out of religious beliefs :manny:

I read some theories it would be interesting if that was the case.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
We might have to wait till 2016 breh:sadcam:

I don't know, some of GRRM's recent comments seem less-stressed about it and point towards an early-to-mid 2015 release still. But his publishers comments point towards a later release. I'm still holding out hope.

I just want 1 more book unspoiled by the show. I have accepted that Dream of Spring will be spoiled though.

DA_LURKA

#SovereignOfSolitude
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Strictly For My Lurkas...
tumblr_n7lhagzR3s1rvya9ro1_r1_500.png

Last edited: