A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It would be cool but my ultimate wish for Dany is that she takes over the Iron Throne and becomes a psycho conqueror who sees mistrust in everyone due to all of Quaithe's prophecies and orders some sort of mass slaughter, only to have a sword put through her back by Barristan Selmy.

This would be perfect on multiple levels. Daughter of the Mad King thought to have a kind heart. Prophecy being a "cruel mistress" turning a normal girl into a savage (just like Cersei). Barristan seeking Dany to redeem himself only to find that he is now having to battle the same moral choices as when he guarded the Mad King--only this time doing whats right rather than what his duty states, just like his protege Jaime Lannister did.

But its too perfect to be true :sad:
so basically a replay of the Aegon shyt.....nah im good :sleep: if it does happen i hope it does before the series ends, that type of ending would be weak as hell, we've seen that angle used in so many shows, the wire being a good example (mike becoming the next omar, dookie becoming the next bubbles)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I agree last season didnt reach its potential and will also say that seasons 6 and 7 wont be nearly as good as WoW and DoS.

But when are people gonna stop critiquing GoT on what it IS NOT and look at it for what it IS?

Season 4 was flat out amazing. It should have been the best season of tv ever and it was not. But it was still amazing. Some pivotal moments were done perfectly (Purple Wedding, Oberyn) and some were done poorly. Some were left out. But if we judged every TV/Movie vs the book it was adapted from, the book almost always wins.
:yeshrug:
spoken like a true stanley :mjlol: it goes both ways nikka, and the ratio of good things being said vs. bad things is like 6:4 or even 7:3 unless you frequent westeros.org or something

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
so basically a replay of the Aegon shyt.....nah im good :sleep: if it does happen i hope it does before the series ends, that type of ending would be weak as hell, we've seen that angle used in so many shows, the wire being a good example (mike becoming the next omar, dookie becoming the next bubbles)

So was it weak when The Wire did it for the 1000th time? Or would it just be weak if GoT did it for the 1017th? :sas1:

Please drop your idea of an original, cliche free, satisfactory ending for Dany's character that makes literary sense.

I'll wait.:sas2:

spoken like a true stanley :mjlol: it goes both ways nikka, and the ratio of good things being said vs. bad things is like 6:4 or even 7:3 unless you frequent westeros.org or something

Thank you for informing me of this.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
So was it weak when The Wire did it for the 1000th time? Or would it just be weak if GoT did it for the 1017th? :sas1:

Please drop your idea of an original, cliche free, satisfactory ending for Dany's character that makes literary sense.

I'll wait.:sas2:

Thank you for informing me of this.
doing it for the 1017th time is always gonna be weaker than doing it for the 1000th :umad: #facts

i just dont want dany to get a "special" death is all :yeshrug: she puts so much energy tryna do stuff in such a grandiose way i'd much rather he go out in a bland death like a bum, random poison from a westerosi well versed in the game would be enough for me,as long as it's not a dramatic poison death like Joff

but my mental/physical well-being doesn't dwell on the outcome of this story like yours does so :manny:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Dany is going to come out on top brehs. She will be queen of the 6 kingdoms, north will be reclaimed by northerns after the battle with the Others.

There is an empowering female ending coming, probably with Tyrion as her hand.

Jon will sacrifice himself and be revered in death.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Dany is going to come out on top brehs. She will be queen of the 6 kingdoms, north will be reclaimed by northerns after the battle with the Others.

There is an empowering female ending coming, probably with Tyrion as her hand.

Jon will sacrifice himself and be revered in death.

ymCnAL5.gif

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Dany will die. It is known.

She is going to meet and fall in love with Jon Snow.

Somehow the curse will be lifted....she will give birth to a Targ heir.

Jon Snow will end up being King Regent and sit the Iron Throne until their child is old enough.

He will hate it because King's Landing represents everything he despises and, everyone he's lost (Robb, Ned) and the War against The Others will probably cost him even more. It won't be a storybook happy ending.

My source: Reading several threads on asoiaf.westeros.org until the late hours of the night

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
:to: @ Tyrion ending the brotherly love with Jaime. Even though that Tysha secret was fukked up I'd still forgive the him. I mean you about to get your dome chopped off the next day b and you go all nasty on a nikka after he saved you?

still not cool wit them leaving this out in the show

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
still not cool wit them leaving this out in the show

Some of the dudes here think because Tyrion didn't mention Tysha on the show much that it wouldn't have made sense for Tyrion to find out and lash out on Jaime.

IMO they could have made it work and I'm not even a book purist like that. :manny: