Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^^^^Dudes still think they are gonna stretch out this story huh

Penance Walk will be this season
Battle of Meereen will be this season
Battle for Winterfell will be this season
Aegon (if on the show) will take Storm's End this season

Bookmark it, quote me, line up a neg train when I'm wrong. There are only 3 seasons left of this show and 2 monster books to cover on top of what is still left of 2 other monster books (which is the majority of both).
Why are they so adamant about keeping it at seven seasons? Is it contractual? Especially when there is a ton of material from books 4 and 5 (let alone wow and ados).

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
If they cram all of that into next season its going to suck.

Or it may be the best season yet :yeshrug:

Lots of fluff will be cut so I dont think it will be as rushed as you may be imagining

D&D said that after they wrote the outline for this season they saw no reason why it couldnt be the best.

I mean, what did Dany do in Meeren that would require stretching it out till next season? What did Stannis do at the Wall? He has spent most of the last book camped out in the snow. Cersei did nothing but plotted against Maergery and held council meetings. All those stories work in a 1 season format with the natural endings I listed which George ran out of room to include due to a lot of meandering.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Or it may be the best season yet :yeshrug:

Lots of fluff will be cut so I dont think it will be as rushed as you may be imagining

D&D said that after they wrote the outline for this season they saw no reason why it couldnt be the best.

I mean, what did Dany do in Meeren that would require stretching it out till next season? What did Stannis do at the Wall? He has spent most of the last book camped out in the snow. Cersei did nothing but plotted against Maergery and held council meetings. All those stories work in a 1 season format with the natural endings I listed which George ran out of room to include due to a lot of meandering.

Not too confident in D&D's decisions/writing after this last season. They're already introducing a ton of new characters and to have 2 huge battle sequences in one season?:whoa: Either way I think this show's best days are behind it, it can still be good, but skeptical they reach the quality of the first few seasons.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I agree last season didnt reach its potential and will also say that seasons 6 and 7 wont be nearly as good as WoW and DoS.

But when are people gonna stop critiquing GoT on what it IS NOT and look at it for what it IS?

Season 4 was flat out amazing. It should have been the best season of tv ever and it was not. But it was still amazing. Some pivotal moments were done perfectly (Purple Wedding, Oberyn) and some were done poorly. Some were left out. But if we judged every TV/Movie vs the book it was adapted from, the book almost always wins.
:yeshrug:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Not sure what you are referring to, maybe my pregnant Ygritte theory? That was a big miss:russ:

But this is a bit different. Its not about plot shyt, but about the realities of running out of time

the Jojen Paste theory.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree last season didnt reach its potential and will also say that seasons 6 and 7 wont be nearly as good as WoW and DoS.

But when are people gonna stop critiquing GoT on what it IS NOT and look at it for what it IS?

Season 4 was flat out amazing. It should have been the best season of tv ever and it was not. But it was still amazing. Some pivotal moments were done perfectly (Purple Wedding, Oberyn) and some were done poorly. Some were left out. But if we judged every TV/Movie vs the book it was adapted from, the book almost always wins.
:yeshrug:

I'm definitely biased to the books and didn't care for some of the stuff they cut out/embellished. (no Stoneheart?:stopitslime:), but I get they have to make certain adjustments for tv, just think the first 2 seasons were damn near perfect. Ex. a lot of the convos between Varys and Littlefinger never happened in the book, but it was great tv. Now we get dumb/pointless side stories about Pod being a pimp or Jon mourning at a grave. As a whole just doesn't feel as cohesive as it used to, but the source material has to take some blame as well.:manny:

Really curious to see how they handle Arya in Braavos, always thought that would be difficult to make interesting for show watchers.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Jon Snow: "hold up"

Janos Slynt: :jawalrus: this bytch ass nikka

Jon Snow: "Edd, fetch me a block":demonic:

Janos Slynt: :damn: :damn: :damn:

Jon Snow: :umad:

Stannis even hit him with the...

bkwKq.gif

I knew the very first scene I liked this muthafukka (nh) :wow:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
What do you think episode 9 will be next season? The seasons tend to peak on episode 9.

S01E9 - Ned Stark's Execution
S02E9 - Battle of Blackwater
S03E9 - Red Wedding
S04E9 - Battle at the Wall

Last edited: