A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I never get how people act like the Starks are the losers of the series.

When compared to the other big families - Lannisters and Targaryens, the Starks were and are WAY better off.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
after reading the entire series 3 times, i just cant imagine it going any other way than that. jon has to be azor ashai, too many signs point at that direction. i would be hugely dissapointed if he wasnt, even more if he ends up not being rhaegar/lyanna son

if that does happen then what does that mean for Stannis? Melisandre been feeding him and his men that shyt for a while now. Will his men turn on him and follow Jon? Does he kill Melisandre for being wrong? Does Melisandre even know now that Jon may be Azor and not Stannis?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
if that does happen then what does that mean for Stannis? Melisandre been feeding him and his men that shyt for a while now. Will his men turn on him and follow Jon? Does he kill Melisandre for being wrong? Does Melisandre even know now that Jon may be Azor and not Stannis?

In the last book when she's trying to see visions of Azor in the flames she sees Jon. Then in another chapter she tells Jon that she was looking for AA but all she saw was snow. He doesn't pick up on what she's saying, and she doesn't come out and say anything likely because she's confused.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

When compared to the other big families - Lannisters and Targaryens, the Starks were and are WAY better off.

How so? As of right now House Stark is scattered and nobody has any idea how they're gonna comeback from what happened to them.

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Stark's stay losing:

Robb - Murdered by Frey's and Lannister's

Bran - Crippled by a Lannister

Eddard - Beheaded at command of a Lannister

Catelyn - Murdered by Frey's and Lannister's

Sansa - Held captive by Lannister's, forced to marry a Lannister troll, beaten and herbed by Lannister's

Winterfell - Burned to ground by Ramsey, a b*stard.

I could go on and on about the Stark's getting sonned.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Stark's stay losing:

Robb - Murdered by Frey's and Lannister's

Bran - Crippled by a Lannister

Eddard - Beheaded at command of a Lannister

Catelyn - Murdered by Frey's and Lannister's

Sansa - Held captive by Lannister's, forced to marry a Lannister troll, beaten and herbed by Lannister's

Winterfell - Burned to ground by Ramsey, a b*stard.

I could go on and on about the Stark's getting sonned.

Yeah I seriously can't see how the Starks are "WAY better off". Their HQ was burned to the ground....

All that can do anything is either dead or tied up in some other shyt. Snow can't do shyt, Sansa can't do shyt, and Arya is on some foreign exchange student shyt taking a course of Assassin 101.

Wherever the fukk Rickon and Bran now. Younger one is MIA and the other one is on a quest to become a Beast Master?:what:

Whatever bad shyt the other houses are going through they're all glad and :smugfavre: that they aren't Stark affiliated.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The Lannisters only saving grace is that Tommen is king. Cersei is done, Tywin dead by his own son's hand. Jamie still gets respect but the 1st time someone is brave enough to challenge him he's dead. Tyrion is across the Narrow Sea somewhere and although I'm sure he's cooking up some scheme he's limited in what he can accomplish without access to Lannister gold.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
If you really think about it all the Houses are a mess

Freys are hated by a ton of Northeners for the Red Wedding plus other house also
The Boltons have knives to thiers necks even though they think shyt is sweet
The Lannisters are getting killed one by one
The Tangeryans pretty much have 2 people representing them with Dany unable to give birth
The Tyrells are on top but probably wont be for long. Magerary has her trail and Loras is clinging to life
Dorne is chilling but the Red Viper is dead
The Vale only has the sick little fukk Robert left
The Greyjoys outside of the uncles are all dead or dying.
The Starks well they are abused left and right
Martin just loves a fukked up story

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Lannisters only saving grace is that Tommen is king. Cersei is done, Tywin dead by his own son's hand. Jamie still gets respect but the 1st time someone is brave enough to challenge him he's dead. Tyrion is across the Narrow Sea somewhere and although I'm sure he's cooking up some scheme he's limited in what he can accomplish without access to Lannister gold.

I don't even think Cersei is done. I think she is just about to get started thanks to Varys...

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I really wanna find out what's gonna happen to Jamie. Brienne is taking him into a trap to Stoneheart so you'd think she'd torture him then kill him but you never know with Martin.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I think Robb declaring himself King in the North was one of his biggest mistakes. He let the Greatjon and the rest of his bannerman gas him up. When he did that any possibilty of an alliance with any great house vanished. None of the people who laid a claim to the Iron Throne would have accepted being king of only half a kingdom. Even bytch ass Renly warned Catelyn about that.

Another great mistake was sending Roose Bolton away, and not just because it would have prevented the Red Wedding. If Roose was there to throw cold water on the KITN idea and advise Robb adopt a more...conciliatory position, Robb could have allied himself with Stannis and the war would have been won.
He sent Roose away because Roose scared him.:what:

Robb was a great warrior but his political acumen was lacking. He was Ned's son indeed...