A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:huhldup: @ Cersei being the way she is because of some prophecy?

Reading Feast For Crows now and it's going good but I notice that I'm not reading as much as did with the previous books.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Halfway done with book three.

Smh @ the Starks:smh:

What part you reach for you to do that?

Still reading A Feast For Crows. Now I see the hate. IMO Cersei and Jaime are the ones carrying this book. Ironborn got some good chapters in but at this point I'm still :yawn: at Brienne and some of that Greyjoy shyt going on.

I like that Brienne gets to kill some Bloody Mummers though. I hated those guys and would like to see all of them murked

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
What part you reach for you to do that?

Still reading A Feast For Crows. Now I see the hate. IMO Cersei and Jaime are the ones carrying this book. Ironborn got some good chapters in but at this point I'm still :yawn: at Brienne and some of that Greyjoy shyt going on.

I like that Brienne gets to kill some Bloody Mummers though. I hated those guys and would like to see all of them murked

I just finished the Tully wedding.....Starks are :flabbynsick: status.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Starks on that honor bullshyt getting wiped out and the Lannisters sitting back like :ahh: It did kinda hurt my heart to see Robb and Cat go down like that to the Freys. This dude got outsmarted by a 90 year old dude with no teeth. Snow can't even get the b*stard title removed now. Here's hoping Arya decides to go to Bravos and become an assassin...

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
Starks on that honor bullshyt getting wiped out and the Lannisters sitting back like :ahh: It did kinda hurt my heart to see Robb and Cat go down like that to the Freys. This dude got outsmarted by a 90 year old dude with no teeth. Snow can't even get the b*stard title removed now. Here's hoping Arya decides to go to Bravos and become an assassin...

Word around the campfire is that Jon's gonna be legitimized posthumously by Stark's will that got delivered to Howland Reed.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Book 5 spoilers
Is anyone seriously considering the possibility that Jon won't be reborn as Azhor Azhai?

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Book 5 spoilers
Is anyone seriously considering the possibility that Jon won't be reborn as Azhor Azhai?

after reading the entire series 3 times, i just cant imagine it going any other way than that. jon has to be azor ashai, too many signs point at that direction. i would be hugely dissapointed if he wasnt, even more if he ends up not being rhaegar/lyanna son

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Book 5 spoilers

Yes, but on the other hand, GRRM has come a long way trying to set that up. He even pulled the unorthodox symbolism out for Jon's death as far as matching the story of Azor. As the story unfolds, when the shock and novelty of characters dying wears off, there's a lot of more conventional storytelling and plot fulfillment to be found in the books. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those times.