A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

raff

Rookie
Daps
#Targset bouta riot next season if they dont start skipping dany's fukkery in Meereen :banderas: i can't wait to see the frustration

Jojen's death scene was so fukkin weak though :why: it just had a real :yeshrug: vibe to it

i and i agree Jon and Arya are carrying the show right now, and it's gonna get worst next season cuz that's when Jon's shyt starts slowing down, im expecting most of the piff to come from Arya next season, possibly the Sand Snakes as well if they do actually get to fight someone next season

Don't fret none
gallery_67_118851.jpg
tumblr_mpdqxk9ONv1s6h7ypo1_250.png

my number 2 is entering the game (they sent out casting calls for da gawd) :banderas:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thats what I said a couple pages ago. Looks to me like Lady Stoneheart is gonna be cut, the way that Alex Graves talks about her (which I'm assuming stems from conversations with D&D) is a completely ignorant way to portray her character.

Beyond the fact that she is not a zombie, she is also not just out "killing people".....she is hunting down everyone she feels can be tied to the Freys or Boltons or Lannisters and the destruction of her family and house. Calling her a mindless zombie running around killing people and also insinuating that Michelle Fairly is ABOVE playing the character is a slap in the face to George RR Martin

Matter of fact, after this interview, Alex Graves is officially on my shytlist. He was already on lots of peoples shytlist after his handling of the Jaime/Cersei/Joffrey sex scene, but I had no problem with it. I actually loved Alex Graves for what he did with the Hound/Beric and the Mountain/Viper. But fukk this motherfukker. He blatantly has no respect or understanding of the source material. He should not be directing anything anymore other than singles combat scenes.

Once again though like I said in my previous post, I have no problem if they cut Lady Stoneheart I just want the speculation to end. Please tell us now.

You really had me hyped for this finale breh.:ufdup::to:
I have real reservations about watching this show going forward, especially when they start spoiling ish for us. Graves also implied that the Hound is dead.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Don't fret none
gallery_67_118851.jpg
tumblr_mpdqxk9ONv1s6h7ypo1_250.png

my number 2 is entering the game (they sent out casting calls for da gawd) :banderas:
:banderas: they BETTER not fukk up the Greyjoys, Euron better be THAT nikka and Aeron BETTER look like the male version of calypso
naomie-harris-pirates-of-the-carribean-dead-mans-chest.jpg
im talkin seashells and crabclaws hangin out his beard n shyt, the whole nine :banderas:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:banderas: they BETTER not fukk up the Greyjoys, Euron better be THAT nikka and Aeron BETTER look like the male version of calypso
naomie-harris-pirates-of-the-carribean-dead-mans-chest.jpg
im talkin seashells and crabclaws hangin out his beard n shyt, the whole nine :banderas:

doubt we see the Damphair, maybe not the Crow's Eye either.:snoop:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
#Targset bouta riot next season if they dont start skipping dany's fukkery in Meereen :banderas: i can't wait to see the frustration

Jojen's death scene was so fukkin weak though :why: it just had a real :yeshrug: vibe to it

i and i agree Jon and Arya are carrying the show right now, and it's gonna get worst next season cuz that's when Jon's shyt starts slowing down, im expecting most of the piff to come from Arya next season, possibly the Sand Snakes as well if they do actually get to fight someone next season
Now that they have more people on that side of the world...I'm simply expecting Dany to take a back seat next season from a screen time perspective.

Pretty sure that Emilia Clarke is going to be busy with all that Terminator stuff...so it might work out that we simply see less of her. Tyrion and Vary's are traveling together. Arya is traveling to Bravos. Jorah has been banished. They have more than enough things happening in Essos, even if Meereen is :ld:

If not....than expect more Grey Worm and Missandei romance....:lolbron:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Throwing over a mill for spirit bombs and skeletor special effects garbage :russ:

Throwing a few grand at Stannis entrance :mjlol:

Notice no mammoths or giants in that cut. And Mance's army of 100 thousand stong Wildings get reduced to a platoon size in less than 3 minutes :dead:

But at least they didn't give it the "Rome" treatment. I half expected them to show Stannis riding towards the wall and the camera panning to his face and you hear screams and sword clashing, blurred images of nikkas fighting and the next scene showing Mance in chains.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Yea I watched the show last night and even my guh who didn't read the books is like " Why'd Tyrion go into his father's room? :dwillhuh:"

I had to explain the rest of the Tysha story to her
I thought he just wanted revenge for trying to make him take the fall for Joffery death, isnt that reason enough? on top of the fact that he has treated him like shyt for 2 seasons now

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This is a terrible defense of the Tysha ommission. First off, it assumes we should accept the 'dumbing down' of certain show elements. Pandering to idiots is a TV executive copout, it doesnt absolve you from criticism. I dont want to watch a dumbed down story there are enough of those on TV.

Secondly, it ignores the simple fact that the Tysha story could have been reintroduced at any point this season. Even as recently as episode 8, in place of Orson Lannister.

:stopitslime:

I know, that's what I'm fukking saying. Complain abut Tysha's omission in the previous episodes, not in the finale when it didn't make sense to bring her up in the context of the TV show.

It's not about dumb it down, come on breh. You can't just drop a story, then bring it back 3 years later and expect a good result. The mistake was never making Tysha a big deal, complain about THAT, not her not being mentioned on the finale...that's my point.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This is how full of shyt you guys are being, one of the best scenes in the show was a monologue of Oberyn telling Tyrion that they've met before at casterly Rock when he was a baby. No flashback, just dialogue, and it explained everything about Tyrion and his relationship with Cersi and his father. Why would Tyrion telling a reminiscing story about his first love in episode 8 be any different? Then have Jamie, in a moment of confession tell him the truth. It fixes everything.

But I'm done griping about this, cause it seems like show watchers didn't even give a shyt that they have no idea why Tyrion went up those stairs. I saw more people gripe about Dany chaining her dragons.

:what:

are you people fukking reading what you are quoting or you just wanna vent and choose randoms posts to do it? :why:

I fukking agree with you for gods sakes. If Tysha was going to be a factor, they should've addressed her on episode 8 instead of talking about bugs, then comeback in the finale and have a longer and more meaningful combo that what they gave us.

All I'm saying is that I didn't read this complaint 3 weeks ago. I have no problem with them not mentioning Tysha (already explained why), I have a problem with the show runners not doing a good job changing that story and giving us something rushed and underwhelming. To me, that should be the criticism, not leaving out someone that had been forgotten by the show in the last 3 years.