Bloodraven from the books

YiaJR.jpg

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Those weren't mere foot soldiers. It was the Knight of the gate at the friggin Bloody Gate. And you're telling me that mere soldiers are too retarded to know the significance of the name Stark? C'mon son.

I'm just playing Devil's advocate here.

Let's say they let Arya Stark in and Littlefinger decides to protect her. This would set off the Lannisters and potentially cause a conflict that would start a war that the Vale does not want to be involved in. It's not really their decision to make though.

Since they knew Lysa was dead, what business do The Hound & Arya have there? The Hound & Arya just split because they knew they couldn't be safe there.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
See this that nonsense...I see no one here saying the show is bad

Most people have a problem with this one episode and more specifically a couple of scenes in the episode

Just because people don't see the show as infallible doesn't mean they aren't still enjoying it...The reason this place exists is to share opinions and discuss issues.

This was one of the best if not the best point in the book...it was always going to come under scrutiny as with anything beloved by fans...and any changes were going to need justification. Simply put I didn't feel they needed to change what they changed and it hurt the episode for me.

As far as what show only watchers think...there's a whole thread available to discuss it with them...and it's not this one

I see where you're coming from. Luckily for me, they handled my favorite moment (the battle at the Wall, episode 9) very well. It's just disappointing to see people give the finale a bad review when it was actually a solid episode. This show has a broad audience, and I was just pointing out that people who didn't read the books enjoyed it. Sometimes we forget that some things may not translate well to television :manny:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps

Most people have a problem with this one episode and more specifically a couple of scenes in the episode

Just because people don't see the show as infallible doesn't mean they aren't still enjoying it...The reason this place exists is to share opinions and discuss issues.

This was one of the best if not the best point in the book...it was always going to come under scrutiny as with anything beloved by fans...and any changes were going to need justification. Simply put I didn't feel they needed to change what they changed and it hurt the episode for me.

As far as what show only watchers think...there's a whole thread available to discuss it with them...and it's not this one
I think just knowing what could've been and what the original vision was makes a lot of people disappointed, personally, I thought the episode was okay, wasnt particularly great or nothing but it wasn't like CBS hour long show bad either

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm not sure why that theory got play... Didn't something similar happen in the books?
The theory about Bran and Bloodraven being tied to the Others comes directly from Melisandre's chapter. Go back and re-read it.

She sees a "man with a wooden face and a boy with a wolf's head" in her fire and thinks it may possibly be the Great Other. Later in the chapter she muses that they are not the Great Other, but certainly are his minions.

The theory would be a solid one if it wasn't for the issue of the Wights fighting them outside the cave. But there certainly could be something built into the mythology to explain that.

I do think that Leaf's line last night crushed that theory though, because something like that would be endgame type material and wouldn't be changed for the show.

Exactly....after a normal GoT episode you have a small handful of whiners complaining about every single change, nitpicking the stupidest stuff. Then you have a large segment of people telling them to shut the fukk up.

After this episode, all those "shut the fukk up" people are the ones complaining. Its amazing how many times I have read the phrase "I normally defend the show but I can't this time" on the internet today. I spoke those words myself.

This episode fundamentally changed Jaime and Tyrions relationship, and it also whitewashed Tyrions character. It also had him inexplicably risking capture by going into the Tower of the Hand for no reason. It is a complete dumbing down of Tyrion, feeding in to his 'fan favorite' nature. A betrayal to our intelligence, a pandering for ratings.

It wasted a huge amount of the budget on a skeleton fight that would have looked better had they just used regular Wights. It had a disappointing portrayal of Bloodraven and Leaf. The whole Children of the Forest thing is monumental and it was all just flat. I mean, you gonna tell me that Bran and Meera Reed act so nonchalant after they find out the Children are still alive? Plus the child actress was poor, her lines were flat and mailed in.

It left out a pre-written cliffhanger that would have left viewers speechless.

The Qyburn/Mountain scene was rushed and cheesy.

Now, all that being said, it was by no means a bad episode. The point of the anger is that a perfect finale was absolutely giftwrapped for them and they thought they could make it better for TV and they did the opposite.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The theory about Bran and Bloodraven being tied to the Others comes directly from Melisandre's chapter. Go back and re-read it.

She sees a "man with a wooden face and a boy with a wolf's head" in her fire and thinks it may possibly be the Great Other. Later in the chapter she muses that they are not the Great Other, but certainly are his minions.

The theory would be a solid one if it wasn't for the issue of the Wights fighting them outside the cave. But there certainly could be something built into the mythology to explain that.

I do think that Leaf's line last night crushed that theory though, because something like that would be endgame type material and wouldn't be changed for the show.

Yeah, I remembered that but Melisandre is :flabbynsick: with her prophecies. So I just thought she was jumping to conclusions. Besides she also thinks that harmless retarded dude Patchface is evil too.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I agree with a lot of you. I'm a staunch defender of the show. I started on the show first. I think the show has improved upon a lot, from pace, to character ages, to appearances.

But the finale was subpar. It looked cheap, it felt rushed at the wrong parts, and made deviations that seem to cause more plot holes than it solves.

This is the first time I felt this way about an episode. Finest hour? Hardly.

God dammit I sound like one of those westeros fukkers.

raff

Rookie
Daps
Nah Patchface is an evil motherfukker, we gonna find out about him doing some crazy sick shyt
Well the red god is at odds with the drowned god, who on top of that is seen as the Great Other. Patchface survived drowning so the beef is on with Mel.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
That article made it sound she might not be in the show at all.:dahell:
Thats what I said a couple pages ago. Looks to me like Lady Stoneheart is gonna be cut, the way that Alex Graves talks about her (which I'm assuming stems from conversations with D&D) is a completely ignorant way to portray her character.

Beyond the fact that she is not a zombie, she is also not just out "killing people".....she is hunting down everyone she feels can be tied to the Freys or Boltons or Lannisters and the destruction of her family and house. Calling her a mindless zombie running around killing people and also insinuating that Michelle Fairly is ABOVE playing the character is a slap in the face to George RR Martin

Matter of fact, after this interview, Alex Graves is officially on my shytlist. He was already on lots of peoples shytlist after his handling of the Jaime/Cersei/Joffrey sex scene, but I had no problem with it. I actually loved Alex Graves for what he did with the Hound/Beric and the Mountain/Viper. But fukk this motherfukker. He blatantly has no respect or understanding of the source material. He should not be directing anything anymore other than singles combat scenes.

Once again though like I said in my previous post, I have no problem if they cut Lady Stoneheart I just want the speculation to end. Please tell us now.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Yeah, I remembered that but Melisandre is :flabbynsick: with her prophecies. So I just thought she was jumping to conclusions. Besides she also thinks that harmless retarded dude Patchface is evil too.
Has a Patchface prophecy failed yet?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That would've been perfect considering the circumstances :wow:

I don't think the show was ever about "filling the gaps yourself" when it came to very important stuff. And it's just not confusing people, it's about not building stuff up. You can't just throw big reveals out of nowhere because they wont have the impact they should have and in a lot of cases it will come off as wack

About the bolded, you are completely right. They should've done that for Tysha to mean something on the TV show, but complaining NOW about it is kinda useless. You can't make her a big deal to Tyrion when she really hasn't been one to him in almost 3 seasons.
This is how full of shyt you guys are being, one of the best scenes in the show was a monologue of Oberyn telling Tyrion that they've met before at casterly Rock when he was a baby. No flashback, just dialogue, and it explained everything about Tyrion and his relationship with Cersi and his father. Why would Tyrion telling a reminiscing story about his first love in episode 8 be any different? Then have Jamie, in a moment of confession tell him the truth. It fixes everything.

But I'm done griping about this, cause it seems like show watchers didn't even give a shyt that they have no idea why Tyrion went up those stairs. I saw more people gripe about Dany chaining her dragons.