A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm just playing Devil's advocate here.

Let's say they let Arya Stark in and Littlefinger decides to protect her. This would set off the Lannisters and potentially cause a conflict that would start a war that the Vale does not want to be involved in. It's not really their decision to make though.

Since they knew Lysa was dead, what business do The Hound & Arya have there? The Hound & Arya just split because they knew they couldn't be safe there.
none of this is addressing the question as to WHY would the guards just let someone with the last name Stark leave so easily, that's what most people have a problem with, shyt makes absolutely zero sense. The fact that they(the director/writers) thought they were being slick with it is more annoying than anything, just showing arya training without explainin how they got to leave so easily :sm:

and then you gotta come back to the main thing about that entire plot deviation

they did the shyt for absolutely NO reason at all, arya still left, the hound still got left leakin, brienne still doin her thing, so what was the point of creating that Eyrie plothole? Hound/Arya ratings? They wanted to have a good fight to close out the season? Nothing noteworthy happened after arya killed Poliver at all, and that happened in like episode 1 or 2 i think, could've ended her arc with her arrive at the temple and there woulda been no plotholes AND it woulda got viewers hype to see her transformation next season

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
On another note, a friend of mine pointed out that Varys boarded the ship with Tyrion. I thought he was just keeping him company until the boat was ready to leave but I like that idea of Varys traveling and conniving with Tyrion instead.

(YOU SEE MUTHAfukkAS, I'M NOT PICKING AT EVERYTHING. That Tysha shyt was probably my first gripe with the show yet. )

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Uhh, yes he did. One of his big moments was when he mentioned Tysha. Even by name with somber background music and everything...

That scene also gave show watchers much more insight to how much of a dikk Tywin was to Tyrion. With how much anti-Lannisters there are in the show thread they wouldn't have forgotten that scene, and I bet the audience outside of coli remembered that bit too. The reveal that Tywin had Jaime lie about the situation wouldn't have been out of nowhere and it gives Tyrion motive to search for Tywin during his escape.

Exactly, not to mention half of this shows audience just started watching this show last summer.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I wanna see the show stan's justification for the bullshyt with Tyrion, he had no reason whatsoever to go to the tower of the hand and did he really killed his dad because he called his whore...a whore? :what:nikka you were paying that bytch for money, that's the fukking definition of a whore!

and tywin was even calling him his son in that scene, no to mention he didn't sentence him to death, he was gonna send him to the wall and Tyrion knew that, more unnecessary and retarded changes from the showrunners.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I feel like they dropped the ball on pretty much every major scene and that it was a disappointing finale compared to what I was expecting.

People hate on my for reading wiki's and spoilers but honestly....I'd be fukking lost without them. Feels like a collection of random scenes at this point and not a full fledged program where everything is connected on some level. I can't imagine a regular person understanding what Stannis is doing at the wall after it having been so long since they talked about it.

This finale felt extremely stretched out...like they bit off far more than the had the time/budget to chew....really feel like they could have used an extra half-hour.

- Stannis coming to save the Nights Watch didn't feel as epic or as important as I had imagined.
- Tyrion's escape didn't feel right. No real confrontation with Shae..and them fighting looked hilarious. The Tywin scene also fell kind of flat. I think they needed the Tysha angle....
- The scene with the skeletons was fukking hilarious. I think they said that they spent more money on that scene than any other in the shows history. Should have given more money to Stannis's arrival....and cut out a fireball or two.

yGGXeiJ.gif

:pachaha:

- Three Eyed Crow and Leaf are wack looking. I was expecting them to look...more fantastical. It's basically an old man and a regular kid.
- I'm #TargSet but I've had my fill of throne room scenes already.....I did like the scene of her chaining the dragons though, very nice imagery.

Arya & Jon Snow pretty much carrying the show on their back at this point....:wow:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Do you guys think that this show could use a "Previously on Game of Thrones...." ????

Obviously, that changes the nature of the program a bit (Above all else, 'previously on's tend to telegraph plot points)...but I feel like it would help the showrunners with certain things.

raff

Rookie
Daps
I wanna see the show stan's justification for the bullshyt with Tyrion, he had no reason whatsoever to go to the tower of the hand and did he really killed his dad because he called his whore...a whore? :what:nikka you were paying that bytch for money, that's the fukking definition of a whore!

and tywin was even calling him his son in that scene, no to mention he didn't sentence him to death, he was gonna send him to the wall and Tyrion knew that, more unnecessary and retarded changes from the showrunners.

Yeah it made Tyrion (a character known for a realistic/cynical approach to life; so he forgives Bronn but not Tywin?) act like a bytch cause the game of thrones has been directed against him this time. It really didn't have that emotional charge up Jamie/Varys gave him to go all the way to risk his only chance at freedom to settle shyt with pops.
Tywin looked at him talking on some emo tip like :what::aicmon: she's a fukking high class whore you simp:mindblown:

edit And also diminished/nerfed Varys as a top notch schemer, dumbed him and Littlefinger down this season.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Do you guys think that this show could use a "Previously on Game of Thrones...." ????

Obviously, that changes the nature of the program a bit (Above all else, 'previously on's tend to telegraph plot points)...but I feel like it would help the showrunners with certain things.

I remember some "previously" last season.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
On another note, a friend of mine pointed out that Varys boarded the ship with Tyrion. I thought he was just keeping him company until the boat was ready to leave but I like that idea of Varys traveling and conniving with Tyrion instead.
This actually happened in the first draft of Adwd. Maybe we will see that version for the show.

They do. It just doesn't show up on your torrent

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I remember some "previously" last season.

I didn't mean the "inside the episode" stuff, or the stuff they put up before each season. I meant like a true pre-title screen flash like LOST used to have.

They do. It just doesn't show up on your torrent
:beli:

I watch the shyt on HBO Go dumb ass....:what:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I feel like they dropped the ball on pretty much every major scene and that it was a disappointing finale compared to what I was expecting.

People hate on my for reading wiki's and spoilers but honestly....I'd be fukking lost without them. Feels like a collection of random scenes at this point and not a full fledged program where everything is connected on some level. I can't imagine a regular person understanding what Stannis is doing at the wall after it having been so long since they talked about it.

This finale felt extremely stretched out...like they bit off far more than the had the time/budget to chew....really feel like they could have used an extra half-hour.

- Stannis coming to save the Nights Watch didn't feel as epic or as important as I had imagined.
- Tyrion's escape didn't feel right. No real confrontation with Shae..and them fighting looked hilarious. The Tywin scene also fell kind of flat. I think they needed the Tysha angle....
- The scene with the skeletons was fukking hilarious. I think they said that they spent more money on that scene than any other in the shows history. Should have given more money to Stannis's arrival....and cut out a fireball or two.

yGGXeiJ.gif

:pachaha:

- Three Eyed Crow and Leaf are wack looking. I was expecting them to look...more fantastical. It's basically an old man and a regular kid.
- I'm #TargSet but I've had my fill of throne room scenes already.....I did like the scene of her chaining the dragons though, very nice imagery.

Arya & Jon Snow pretty much carrying the show on their back at this point....:wow:
#Targset bouta riot next season if they dont start skipping dany's fukkery in Meereen :banderas: i can't wait to see the frustration

Jojen's death scene was so fukkin weak though :why: it just had a real :yeshrug: vibe to it

i and i agree Jon and Arya are carrying the show right now, and it's gonna get worst next season cuz that's when Jon's shyt starts slowing down, im expecting most of the piff to come from Arya next season, possibly the Sand Snakes as well if they do actually get to fight someone next season

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I didn't mean the "inside the episode" stuff, or the stuff they put up before each season. I meant like a true pre-title screen flash like LOST used to have.

:beli:

I watch the shyt on HBO Go dumb ass....:what:
:what: they DO do the "previosly on game of thrones" shyt before episodes breh, maybe not for EVERY single episode but they do use that a LOT to remind people about shyt

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
:what: they DO do the "previosly on game of thrones" shyt before episodes breh, maybe not for EVERY single episode but they do use that a LOT to remind people about shyt
It's in the "Extras" section on HBO go, the episodes themselves are separate and I assumed that they didn't air on television.

The point was just that these make it easier to pick up on older storylines. If they air on television my bad, I thought these were just for the "hardcore" heads that watch all the "insides" and such online.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Yea I watched the show last night and even my guh who didn't read the books is like " Why'd Tyrion go into his father's room? :dwillhuh:"

I had to explain the rest of the Tysha story to her