A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
you know what occurred to me? that theory about bloodraven somehow working together with the others and bran becoming the great other at some point kind of loses validity after last night. when those skeletor looking things (if they were wights) entered the cave, they shattered and then leaf said "whatever power controls them does not work in here".

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
you know what occurred to me? that theory about bloodraven somehow working together with the others and bran becoming the great other at some point kind of loses validity after last night. when those skeletor looking things (if they were wights) entered the cave, they shattered and then leaf said "whatever power controls them does not work in here".

I'm not sure why that theory got play... Didn't something similar happen in the books?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I had to re-watch it because last night I was pissed off about the game. I didn't want judge it while I was pissed off.

Still :trash: this morning

fukking Bloodraven looking like

pooktre-ed01.jpg
LMAOOOOOOO

I agree with this one. I was like....is this just an old head chillin in a tree? :dwillhuh:

It's like they didn't even try for that scene

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Why the fukk would did the Hound and Arya leave the Eryie :mindblown:
Littlefinger would love to get his hands around Arya also.
He has coin to spare for her.

The Hound was trying to protect himself because of the bounty & was trying to protect Arya. I thought it was clear when he recognized the Lannister gold on Brienne. He knows Littlefinger was/is in cahoots with the Lannisters and he'd just get thrown in. That is, if they even knew Littlefinger was running things in the Eryie.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
The Hound was trying to protect himself because of the bounty & was trying to protect Arya. I thought it was clear when he recognized the Lannister gold on Brienne. He knows Littlefinger was/is in cahoots with the Lannisters and he'd just get thrown in. That is, if they even knew Littlefinger was running things in the Eryie.

Sh*t still doesnt make sense
All those guards werent like we should let someone in charge know Arya stark is at the door.
And why would they let them leave. :mindblown:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
They weren't involved in the war. Do the foot soldiers even know the significance of Arya Stark? :yeshrug:
Those weren't mere foot soldiers. It was the Knight of the gate at the friggin Bloody Gate. And you're telling me that mere soldiers are too retarded to know the significance of the name Stark? C'mon son.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
LMAOOOOOOO

I agree with this one. I was like....is this just an old head chillin in a tree? :dwillhuh:

It's like they didn't even try for that scene

No, they didn't try at all with that scene.

When I heard they submitted that for special effects emmy, I thought I was going to see some crazy shyt. Turned out to be Gandalf hanging on some vines.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
They weren't involved in the war. Do the foot soldiers even know the significance of Arya Stark? :yeshrug:

They are not foot soliders
They guard the main entrance to the eyrie
They should report anyone of importance to a higher up
Especially if they claim its a noble like Arya Stark

And if they left word should have gotten to someone

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
The thing is, everyone I know who only watches the show & doesn't read the books had the :krs: reaction to the Tyrion/Tywin scene. The only people I see complaining are book readers nitpicking details.

I swear, some of y'all act like the show is doing the series a great injustice. The show is great. The books are great. Stop complaining :beli:
See this that nonsense...I see no one here saying the show is bad

Most people have a problem with this one episode and more specifically a couple of scenes in the episode

Just because people don't see the show as infallible doesn't mean they aren't still enjoying it...The reason this place exists is to share opinions and discuss issues.

This was one of the best if not the best point in the book...it was always going to come under scrutiny as with anything beloved by fans...and any changes were going to need justification. Simply put I didn't feel they needed to change what they changed and it hurt the episode for me.

As far as what show only watchers think...there's a whole thread available to discuss it with them...and it's not this one