A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Failed at trying to play a Stark reunion? We've never even gotten one in the books. WTF are you bytching about? You nikkas are girls I swear
:what: did you even understand what he said breh? he was saying that the show was trying to play with show watchers emotions by making it seem like arya was gonna meet up with sansa, and then at the last second change arya's direction, thus making show watchers sad. And that the show executed it poorly cuz it made no sense for them to just turn around like that, so yes, in that regard they DID fail

raff

Rookie
Daps
Yeah I can't fukk with the majority of you dumb nikkas anymore. So much shytty whining going on smh
Breh I'm never the one who nitpicks, I don't need a 1on1 adaptation, liked 8 out of 10 eps but the finale was asssss. They made changes that were not logically explainable. Whole ep was a suspension of disbelief. :flabbynsick:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed it. The whole Tysha thing is no big deal to me and I have no problems with the way they handled it. I'd like to know why they changed from wights to skeletons tho

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
the biggest disappointment was lady stoneheart to me and bran's scene. they had a couple of unnecessary scenes that took up time and ended up rushing through tyrion's scene. it was poorly done.

the brienne-hound fight was good and all, but that shyt was so unnecessary man. they could have just as easily had the hound's bite wound get infected(which is what i thought was gonna happen with all the buildup of it) and then have the hound beg arya for mercy and have her leave instead. i wouldnt have minded brienne and pod running into the brotherhood and lady stoneheart this season. all they needed to do was have brienne and pod decide to try to get to riverrun thinking sansa would be headed there. they could had her run into LS and then give brienne just 2 or 3 scenes next season like they did with stannis this season.

also, like somebody said before, bloodraven looked like an old man who got stuck in a tree. they submitted that shyt for an emmy for best makeup? :comeon:

the skeletons were ok but they should have made them more wight-like to stay consistent with the story. or just make it 1 white walker they had to fight. n then they had the freaking COTF throwing fireballs at them :beli:. could have just as easily been a white walker or 2 trying to kill them, and then had the COTF shoot obsidian arrows at them.
:snoop: i dont get it man. they fumbled the ball at the 5 yard line on this one to me.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna have some catharsis watching Starkset lament over a dead Jon Snow or when he turns down Stannis offer to be legitimized. I can't stand some of those guys.

"Jon Snow is a Stark, he reps Starkset!" :wow: :salute: :krs:

:stopitslime:

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Hope against all hope that after Arya sailed off it would cut to pod the rod and brienne..... And stone heart..... But then I remembered how God awful daenerys is next season so I was glad they held off

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I really don't get why they cut out Jaime coming clean about Tysha to Tyrion.
Its like they are still reeling from the backlash of the Jaime/Cersie Sept Sex and don't want to do anything else to make Jaime unlikable to the show fangirls.
But they could have at least had a spiteful and vindictive Shae throw it in Tyrion's face. Maybe say that Tywin told her the truth about Tysha during pillow talk and have her laugh at what a simp Tyrion is for "love" and that could have been what pushed Tyrion over the edge to kill that bytch.

And I am disappointed that Lady Stoneheart wasn't introduced.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I really don't get why they cut out Jaime coming clean about Tysha to Tyrion.
Its like they are still reeling from the backlash of the Jaime/Cersie Sept Sex and don't want to do anything else to make Jaime unlikable to the show fangirls.
But they could have at least had a spiteful and vindictive Shae throw it in Tyrion's face. Maybe say that Tywin told her the truth about Tysha during pillow talk and have her laugh at what a simp Tyrion is for "love" and that could have been what pushed Tyrion over the edge to kill that bytch.

And I am disappointed that Lady Stoneheart wasn't introduced.

man they could have done that whole tysha convo during episode 8 instead of that meaningless orson lannister convo. then when jamie comes to rescue tyrion, have tyrion still be pissed at him and tell him he did kill joffrey and tell him cersei has been fukking lancel. then have varys lead him to the tower of the hand on the low. shyt was just poorly done. its like GRRM either has no say or doesnt care.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: did you even understand what he said breh? he was saying that the show was trying to play with show watchers emotions by making it seem like arya was gonna meet up with sansa, and then at the last second change arya's direction, thus making show watchers sad. And that the show executed it poorly cuz it made no sense for them to just turn around like that, so yes, in that regard they DID fail

Thank you

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I get people being disappointed with them leaving out Tysha from tonight's episode but she hasn't been mentioned since what, mid-season 2? I mean, as much of a big deal she is to Tyrion in the books, she kinda becomes an afterthought after Tyrion meets Shae in the TV show. I would be annoyed if she was a big deal in the show but making her a trigger for Tyrion out of nowhere (for the TV show) would only confuse viewers and make it come off as lame for them.

Same with Lady Stoneheart, you can't have such a big reveal come out of nowhere for TV watchers. They should've had a mini plot for the BWB, a couple of cameos and then comeback to them for the finale. Just like with the Tysha stuff, the problem isn't ignoring them for the finale but not building them up for the finale by making TV watchers not forget about them.

That said, I agree this was an underwhelming episode considering the potential it had. I wasn't moved by any of the big reveals and that's a first time with the show :sadcam:
The thing is, the show nevet gave a fukk about shyt like that until recently. It was always on some, look it up yourself to fill in the clues shyt, which is why I loved it. Now they're concerned about confusing people? The show is still great and I'll still watch but they definitely fumbled at the 3 yard line with this. And like it's been said, I've been good with damn near every decision they've made to deviate from the books. shyt, I even had no problem with Brienne fighting The Hound.

shyt should have been 90 mins at least. Also, that Tysha conversation could have EASILY been in place of that bullshyt beetle one Jamie and Tyrion had 2 weeks ago.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Also, that Tysha conversation could have EASILY been in place of that bullshyt beetle one Jamie and Tyrion had 2 weeks ago.

:ohhh:

That's genius. They could have ended it with Tyrion severing their brotherhood before the trial by combat and make Jaime look good for his redemption arc when he still comes to break Tyrion out of his cell.

Tyrion could still be on his "This changes nothing and I'll kill you the next time I see you" :birdman: steez and head on to kill Tywin.

fukkin' perfect.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:ohhh:

That's genius. They could have ended it with Tyrion severing their brotherhood before the trial by combat and make Jaime look good for his redemption arc when he still comes to break Tyrion out of his cell.

Tyrion could still be on his "This changes nothing and I'll kill you the next time I see you" :birdman: steez and head on to kill Tywin.

fukkin' perfect.
Exactly. Like dude said in here, Tyrion could have still told Jamie that Cersei has been fukking behind his back (something I thought they alluded to already) right before he left. I think the show over thought this one. I still trust them though. Maybe well see something come of this mess next season.