A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
How about Stannis massive army smashing that army of 20 wildings tho? :lolbron:
Looks like Mance army got murked by budget constraints :mjlol:

Stannis getting shytted on as usual.
Lmao yeah I was thinking about that earlier, this nikka Mance had 100, 000 goons but like 20 people at his camp

And then they played that evil ass music when Stannis showed up just as Mance was going into some monologue about how afraid the Free Folk were and all that shyt, they really trying to make Stannis the villain instead of the hero

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I just realized how outnumbered Cersei will be for next season. It's Lset vs House Tyrell / House Martell / Faith Of The Seven (maybe not)

Since it looks like the show forgot about Kevan Lannister it looks like Jaime is the one who will try to keep the peace. Now I'm not sure if Jaime really is going to Dorne...

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I just realized how outnumbered Cersei will be for next season. It's Lset vs House Tyrell / House Martell / Faith Of The Seven (maybe not)

Since it looks like the show forgot about Kevan Lannister it looks like Jaime is the one who will try to keep the peace. Now I'm not sure if Jaime really is going to Dorne...
i honestly have no idea how they're going to morph the King's Landing/Meereen segments into good television at all, those scripts are going to have to be A1 every single scene, anything less and people really gonna start shyttin on it, you already see people tired as hell of Dany, shyt half them nikkas was tired of Brans plotline too :bryan:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
:wow: that shyt was ass, i might have to start reading the books for proper piff... or read more wikipedia :lolbron:
Aaaawwww man I dont understand people who read wikis man, you're just fukking it up for yourself

The satisfaction you get when you read Littlefinger shoving Lysa through the Moon Door or the sadness you feel when Jamie tells Tyrion about Tysha isn't something you could ever feel when you just read some bland summery of the events.

I suggest catching up on your reading so in 2025 when Winds Of Winter drops you can read it purely :blessed:

raff

Rookie
Daps

My take on that dynamic is that Shae loved Tyrion still, Varys told her to go to Tywins bedroom to appease him. At that precise moment he wanted Tyrion to bust in, already fuming from what he was told by Jamie earlier. Varys manipulated the Imp and Shae to do his bidding.
I also think in the books its Varys who orders Janos to murder Roberts b*stards not Cersei really, and that Tysha was actually a spy of Varys and that she didnt love Tyrion. Tywin saw through the Tysha plot and ordered the gangrape. Thats the gist of how I feel shyts gonna be reveiled by Martin.:yeshrug:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Aaaawwww man I dont understand people who read wikis man, you're just fukking it up for yourself

The satisfaction you get when you read Littlefinger shoving Lysa through the Moon Door or the sadness you feel when Jamie tells Tyrion about Tysha isn't something you could ever feel when you just read some bland summery of the events.

I suggest catching up on your reading so in 2025 when Winds Of Winter drops you can read it purely :blessed:
:russ: i dont care tis all :manny:

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
If I were George R. R. I would legit be heated about the way they handled this episode...I understood most of the changes this season...even enjoyed most of them

but the Tyrion plot point is decisive moment...it's a huge moment...it's one of the best moments in the book...and just on story telling level the television show did an absolutely horrible job building that moment...to the point that in the show that whole sequence makes very little sense...it was weak writing for what was one of the strongest written segments of the entire series.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
My take on that dynamic is that Shae loved Tyrion still, Varys told her to go to Tywins bedroom to appease him. At that precise moment he wanted Tyrion to bust in, already fuming from what he was told by Jamie earlier. Varys manipulated the Imp and Shae to do his bidding.
I also think in the books its Varys who orders Janos to murder Roberts b*stards not Cersei really, and that Tysha was actually a spy of Varys and that she didnt love Tyrion. Tywin saw through the Tysha plot and ordered the gangrape. Thats the gist of how I feel shyts gonna be reveiled by Martin.:yeshrug:
Naaahhh, Varys aint omniscient for Tysha to be his spy and all that shyt and overall I think Varys is one of the good guys, he wouldn't have all those kids get murdered like that

Also, in this very intervew GRRM confirmed that book Shae didnt give a fukk about Tyrion. I think Varys roll in this is probably egging Tyrion on to murk Tywin by telling him where the tower of the hand was or maybe he introduced Tywin to Shae

raff

Rookie
Daps
shyt was disgusting how little thought they put into that plot deviation :scusthov: so they just turn around and NOBODY tells little finger that arya stark is at the front door? it you gonna add a change atleast have it make sense :upsetfavre:

this reminds me of when the author of the dune series died after writing the 6th book and his dumbass son claimed he had the "overall idea" of how it was going to end. what ended up happening was the son wrote the last 2 books and it did end the way the author originally wanted it to, but the journey TO that ending became INCREDIBLY stupid literally the instant his son started writing it. imagine tons of moments like the hound/arya leaving the Eyrie :smhcraig::snoop:

i really hope GRRM lives long enough to finish his series cuz if push comes to shove i'd definitely prefer reading the journey he comes up with himself than the shyt these writers were doing this season :camby: only legit interesting plotline next season for me is arya in FM school and the fukkery in Dorne anyway :yeshrug: (assuming they dont crush the buildings with the Greyjoy characters)

How the fukk you gonna have a worse season finale than the Walking Dead with so much potent material is beyond me.
It literally felt like a parody, I had this face constantly throughout the ep
kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Oh shut the fukk up. I have defended every single change made outside of Stannis, and this had just one head scratcher after another. Tyrions entire post-SOS story feeds off of Tysha. Tysha was previously mentioned on the show, then inexplicably cut from the climax of her story.

Not even gonna get into the other stuff.
And Tyrion's post SOS storyline is a shyt fukking story so I don't think too many people will be upset if they make some changes to it

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
King Stannis needed more time. Disappointed in the lack of
o-LENA-HEADEY-INSTAGRAM-570.jpg
but I'll give HBO the benefit of the doubt on this, and assume that they will save that for next year.

Not sure about how I feel about Jaime/Tyrion happy ending. The blowup between the two is a big part of what drives Tyrion from this point on, but I have to admit that I like the love between the two brothers.

Hated how retarded the Arya/Hound walking away from the Eyrie was. This show failed horribly twice this year when they tried to play at a Stark reunion.
Failed at trying to play a Stark reunion? We've never even gotten one in the books. WTF are you bytching about? You nikkas are girls I swear

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
How the fukk you gonna have a worse season finale than the Walking Dead with so much potent material is beyond me.
It literally felt like a parody, I had this face constantly throughout the ep
kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif
breh the Tyrion killing Shae scene was so fukking wack, i was literally sitting there like :smhcraig: felt not type of emotion coming from my screen at all looking at that bullshyt, even Tywin's death felt like they were damn near downplaying it