A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
What'd you guys think of Davos at Castle Black? Any Jon Snow/Davos Seaworth interactions going forward will be :ahh:

**edit** Meant Davos da Gawd at CB, not just the Wall like in the books

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:ufdup: @Peter Parker

You should quit the show thread man or risk high blood pressure. Every time I check that thread you're duking it out with a show watcher. :russ:

raff

Rookie
Daps
Meng how you gonna let Arya have a 10 minute convo with Sandor and noones coming looking for them :beli: Brienne and Pod werent that far away
they mustve heard them. And how did Arya conveniently get a horse?:snoop:
No Varys egging Tyrion on:upsetfavre::beli:? Tyrion going all the way uninterrupted to Tywin?:stopitslime:
Hodor now a skilled fighter, or was it Bran?:upsetfavre::usure: So its Theon being the bloody paste and not Jojen, just like I thought.
Bloodraven - completely lame portrayal.

Varys deciding to ride off, why :why: it was Jamie freeing Tyrion, there was no motivation for him to run the way the show pictured it.

Before this episode I felt it was going to be a 9 or 10, now it gets a 3,5. Completely overhyped and deflated.

This shyt shouldnt sniff an emmy.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
King Stannis needed more time. Disappointed in the lack of
o-LENA-HEADEY-INSTAGRAM-570.jpg
but I'll give HBO the benefit of the doubt on this, and assume that they will save that for next year.

Not sure about how I feel about Jaime/Tyrion happy ending. The blowup between the two is a big part of what drives Tyrion from this point on, but I have to admit that I like the love between the two brothers.

Hated how retarded the Arya/Hound walking away from the Eyrie was. This show failed horribly twice this year when they tried to play at a Stark reunion.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:patrice: i gotta say this one of the only "big" episodes were damn near none of the huge moments were executed at a high level

the dopest shyt this whole episode was the brienne/hound fight and that aint even canon :mjlol: im still mad they stretched out the arya/hound shyt for no damn reason but that fight was piff, Brienne really out here gettin stripes :leon::obama:

and i gotta agree about the Tyrion just randomly deciding to visit tywin's room for literally NO reason :what::mindblown::beli: i mean damn there was actually no explanation at all for why he decided to go in there, shyt makes zero sense, i was expecting some kind of piff dialouge during Tyrion's scene but damn near nothing of note was said by anyone, jaime aint say shyt, tywin aint say nothin witty, shae aint say shyt, varys aint say shyt, cot damn breh :smhcraig: they poured jelly on themselves fukking a powerful plot moment like that up

i still say if they didn't stretch out the arya/hound plotline they would've had more time to wrap things up in a more epic type of way tho, they spent HOW many episodes with that bullshyt plot deviation? :aicmon: they coulda ended her arc a long time ago and just show her going into the temple this episode, shyt would've barely took 5 minutes. then they coulda put more emotion (and better writing :scusthov:) into the major scenes.

i have no idea why they turned in THIS particular script to the Emmys, they should've either sent in Joff's death episode, the Viper/Mountain episode, or the Battle at the Wall episode, all of those were waaaay better than this one imo. like it aint even close :yeshrug:

the skeleton fights were cool but the actual skeletons themselves looked goofy as hell on screen for some reason, shyt just didn't look like it fit at all, and on the flipside of that, Bloodraven's design looks cheap as hell :dead: it literally looks like they got dude sittin on a regular ass chair and just draped some fake wood shyt around him, they should've CG'd him so he'd look a little cooler

:mjlol::hovlaff: @ the show watchers finally realizing Dany's had the weakest damn story for the past 2 seasons now, and nothing dope really happens next season either outside of her dippin on drogon :dead:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
King Stannis needed more time. Disappointed in the lack of
o-LENA-HEADEY-INSTAGRAM-570.jpg
but I'll give HBO the benefit of the doubt on this, and assume that they will save that for next year.

Not sure about how I feel about Jaime/Tyrion happy ending. The blowup between the two is a big part of what drives Tyrion from this point on, but I have to admit that I like the love between the two brothers.

Hated how retarded the Arya/Hound walking away from the Eyrie was. This show failed horribly twice this year when they tried to play at a Stark reunion.

:whew: I'm cool with it. That's how I thought the storyline was going to end in the books until Jaime opened his mouth and spilled his guts on a secret he really should have kept buried.

Him not confessing in the show kinda fukks up the motivation for Tyrion to consider killing his pops during escape but then again with or without Jaime's confession Tyrion already had many reasons to kills his own pops.

statuez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How about that scene with Cersei and Jaime tho? :bryan:

That shyt was so important it had to be in this episode:heh:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
shyt was disgusting how little thought they put into that plot deviation :scusthov: so they just turn around and NOBODY tells little finger that arya stark is at the front door? it you gonna add a change atleast have it make sense :upsetfavre:

this reminds me of when the author of the dune series died after writing the 6th book and his dumbass son claimed he had the "overall idea" of how it was going to end. what ended up happening was the son wrote the last 2 books and it did end the way the author originally wanted it to, but the journey TO that ending became INCREDIBLY stupid literally the instant his son started writing it. imagine tons of moments like the hound/arya leaving the Eyrie :smhcraig::snoop:

i really hope GRRM lives long enough to finish his series cuz if push comes to shove i'd definitely prefer reading the journey he comes up with himself than the shyt these writers were doing this season :camby: only legit interesting plotline next season for me is arya in FM school and the fukkery in Dorne anyway :yeshrug: (assuming they dont crush the buildings with the Greyjoy characters)

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Right, and there’s also the surprise at Tywin’s hypocrisy when he finds her in his bed. Did Tywin know she was a prostitute [in the book version that's not clear]? Or did he just not care?

Oh, I think Tywin knew about Shae. He probably figured out she was the same camp-follower that he expressly said “you will not bring that whore to court,” and that Tyrion defied him again and did bring that whore to court. As to precisely what happened here, that’s something I don’t really want to talk about because there’s still aspects of it I haven’t revealed that will be revealed in later books. But the role of Varys in all of this is also something to be considered.

:ohhh: :wow: :whew:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/16/game-of-thrones-finale-martin/