A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
makes you wonder how they will introduce stonehart and coldhand :lupe:
I think Coldhands is :camby: but i could see them introducing Stoneheart the same way she is introduced to brienne. have Brienne and Pod hook up with the BWB somehow, then reveal her.

Wonder how they will do The Hounds storyline with him being that gravedigger on the Quit Isles. Can't have it done the same way cause him and Brienne met. But they didn't kill off either him or his brother so i'm assuming their own stories will still be on a collision course.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm as big a show adaptation apologist as there is and I'm so disappointed in this finale.

It aint just Stoneheart. There were multiple other things that bothered me. Only things I thought were worthy of the hype was Dany chaining her dragons scene and all the Arya/Hound stuff.

I'm sure it will get better on repeat viewings once expectations are gone, but fukk....they even underwhelmed me with Bloodraven and a fireball shooting Leaf and I didnt think that was possible

I definitely have a renewed appreciation for GRRM's writing though. So many layers. Giftwrapped a perfect season finale and the ball was dropped

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
That was bad. Like Adam said, I've defended the show outright. I loved some of the changes and new pace.. But this was just bad period.

Not only subpar as it relates to adaptation of source material, but as a TV show on its own. Too many open plot holes now. Skeleton men were cartoony, bloodraven looked like someone's grandpa who got tangled in the woods. Tyrion has been whitewashed to the point where I'm sure it reveals his ultimate fate as a hero. Leaf looked like a joke.

Just subpar.

Only thing I liked was the Wall scenes.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
You fukks are some ungrateful ass hipsters. I read these books twice over and enjoy every single episode of this show for what it is: a TV show adaptation of one of the largest fantasy universes in modern writing.

This shyt is like 5 feature length films a season with a budget to match that simply doesn't have enough time to fill in all the nooks and crannies you enjoy so much in the books. Go read the show thread and see how many non readers are lost right now and then throw coldhands and stoneheart into it. shyt, they probably forgot about Balon Greyjoy altogether, then your going to add his death, his brothers, Dorne and Quentin and shyt in to the mix next year.

This shyt is too big to every make any of complainers happy with the TV show adaptation.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
You fukks are some ungrateful ass hipsters. I read these books twice over and enjoy every single episode of this show for what it is: a TV show adaptation of one of the largest fantasy universes in modern writing.

This shyt is like 5 feature length films a season with a budget to match that simply doesn't have enough time to fill in all the nooks and crannies you enjoy so much in the books. Go read the show thread and see how many non readers are lost right now and then throw coldhands and stoneheart into it. shyt, they probably forgot about Balon Greyjoy altogether, then your going to add his death, his brothers, Dorne and Quentin and shyt in to the mix next year.

This shyt is too big to every make any of complainers happy with the TV show adaptation.
I didnt even read that past the first sentence, shut the fukk up breh :shaq2:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Oh shut the fukk up. I have defended every single change made outside of Stannis, and this had just one head scratcher after another. Tyrions entire post-SOS story feeds off of Tysha. Tysha was previously mentioned on the show, then inexplicably cut from the climax of her story.

Not even gonna get into the other stuff.

statuez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh shut the fukk up. I have defended every single change made outside of Stannis, and this had just one head scratcher after another. Tyrions entire post-SOS story feeds off of Tysha. Tysha was previously mentioned on the show, then inexplicably cut from the climax of her story.

Not even gonna get into the other stuff.

I have no problem with them not including Tysha. What they completely fukked up on is Jaime just seemingly helping Tyrion escape and then without no explanation Tyrion decides to go to the Tower of the Hand. We supposed to believe that with a perfect opportunity to escape with his life he's going to risk it to go see Tywin? There ain't no guards roaming the castle anymore? All they had to do was shorten a scene (i.e. Dany or Bran) have Jaime/Varys tell Tyrion Shae was hired by Tywin or some shyt and then it makes it somewhat believeable. This isn't even taking into account the shyt was rushed to no end.

C'mon brehs. :camby:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I get people being disappointed with them leaving out Tysha from tonight's episode but she hasn't been mentioned since what, mid-season 2? I mean, as much of a big deal she is to Tyrion in the books, she kinda becomes an afterthought after Tyrion meets Shae in the TV show. I would be annoyed if she was a big deal in the show but making her a trigger for Tyrion out of nowhere (for the TV show) would only confuse viewers and make it come off as lame for them.

Same with Lady Stoneheart, you can't have such a big reveal come out of nowhere for TV watchers. They should've had a mini plot for the BWB, a couple of cameos and then comeback to them for the finale. Just like with the Tysha stuff, the problem isn't ignoring them for the finale but not building them up for the finale by making TV watchers not forget about them.

That said, I agree this was an underwhelming episode considering the potential it had. I wasn't moved by any of the big reveals and that's a first time with the show :sadcam:

llt23

All Star
Daps
The hound and Brienne fight was dope as hell not really mad at the addition of those scenes and that fight(pretty sure that wasnt in the books). I was disappointed that Brienne's story arch ended like that though(I mean it didnt reallly end!), I was definitely expecting stoneheart to be the final scene.

The rest was awesome though.