A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Whoever PM'd a mob about R+L=J in the show thread as a spoiler, show yourself and explain your reasoning

:stopitslime:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So anyone think this finale is going to live up to its billing as the best GoT ep ever? They have a lot to cover and I think it stands a chance of being too crowded with stuff. You got Arya & The Hound(possibly vs Brienne), finish up at the Wall, Bran and the Bloodraven, Tyrion killing Tywin and Shae. Dany and her dragons they showed in the preview and they also showed Cersei and Jamie kissing. Oh they better show Stoneheart too.

That's a lot to wrap up in 75 minutes. Why couldn't we get 90?:why:

• Dap
Reactions: no.
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
So anyone think this finale is going to live up to its billing as the best GoT ep ever? They have a lot to cover and I think it stands a chance of being too crowded with stuff. You got Arya & The Hound(possibly vs Brienne), finish up at the Wall, Bran and the Bloodraven, Tyrion killing Tywin and Shae. Dany and her dragons they showed in the preview and they also showed Cersei and Jamie kissing. Oh they better show Stoneheart too.

That's a lot to wrap up in 75 minutes. Why couldn't we get 90?:why:
66 minutes breh.

It will be crowded but if you think about it in a relative sense, A Storm of Swords was just as crowded. The last 1/3rd of that book was major event after major event. I always think of a chapter as being equivalent to one scene on screen. Seems appropriate to jam pack the finale of the show just like the book.

Just based on the the plot, it has to be a top 5 episode. Has to be. The writing, direction, acting, and pacing will determine if it is top 1
:yeshrug:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
66 minutes? I guess since most eps been like minutes tht's better than nothing.

I still want my 90 minute final tho:skip:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
66 minutes breh.

It will be crowded but if you think about it in a relative sense, A Storm of Swords was just as crowded. The last 1/3rd of that book was major event after major event. I always think of a chapter as being equivalent to one scene on screen. Seems appropriate to jam pack the finale of the show just like the book.

Just based on the the plot, it has to be a top 5 episode. Has to be. The writing, direction, acting, and pacing will determine if it is top 1
:yeshrug:
pacing is gonna determine whether it's piff or not, we already know they can do everything else, but them packing so many important and lengthy(in the book) scenes is a whole new ball game, Tyrion and Jaime's convo + him going to kill shae and tywin alone would normally take up a nice chunk of time in any other episode, i can't see them having time to do everything, especially considering the sheer speed the episodes seem to have when you actually watching them, that last episode legit felt like 15-20 minutes :wow:

but they turned that shyt in to the emmy's so im expecting them to pull it off :ohlawd:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Whoever PM'd a mob about R+L=J in the show thread as a spoiler, show yourself and explain your reasoning

:stopitslime:

That was a bytch move to snitch like that.

Howland Reed has been mentioned on the show. R + L have been mentioned on the show. The ambiguity about Snows mother has been on the show.

Nothing that was speculated in there has been confirmed or written by Martin anywhere in the books.

That was a bytch ass move. Whoever did that took the bytch way out. Instead of shooting a PM to a fellow reader about their approach, they went straight to a paranoid mod.

In the True Detective thread people were using Lovecrafts textual based material to talk about theories on the show as it related to the actual ending.

Last edited:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I only said someone (that wikifag satam) was dry spoiling because he said that storylines from the red wedding would become relevant again to this finale. Seem to me he was alluding to LSH.

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Brehs, started from the prologue now we here :blessed:

tyrion_lannister__debt_is_paid_by_sykohyko-d4sqtmx.jpg

25152535.jpg

:gladbron::jawalrus::whoo:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
That was a bytch move to snitch like that.

Howland Reed has been mentioned on the show. R + L have been mentioned on the show. The ambiguity about Snows mother has been on the show.

Nothing that was speculated in there has been confirmed or written by Martin anywhere in the books.

That was a bytch ass move. Whoever did that took the bytch way out. Instead of shooting a PM to a fellow reader about their approach, they went straight to a paranoid mod.

In the True Detective thread people were using Lovecrafts textual based material to talk about theories on the show as it related to the actual ending.
Yeah all the stuff has been brought up in the show, sure not all the details like TOJ, but nothing in there was spoilers. it's not like we were speculating on if Aegon was fake or not.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Making Jax a mod was the wrong move.

i dont understand becoming a mod when u havent read the books. i mean wouldnt you get spoiled when somebody points out that a comment is a spoiler? if nobody pointed it out he wouldnt suspect a thing. when they made that thread about peter parker spoiling that guy in the negs with the tywin and tyrion scene, people were tagging jax and i was like OH shyt HE GONNA GET SPOILED TOO. too risky

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
pacing is gonna determine whether it's piff or not, we already know they can do everything else, but them packing so many important and lengthy(in the book) scenes is a whole new ball game, Tyrion and Jaime's convo + him going to kill shae and tywin alone would normally take up a nice chunk of time in any other episode, i can't see them having time to do everything, especially considering the sheer speed the episodes seem to have when you actually watching them, that last episode legit felt like 15-20 minutes :wow:

but they turned that shyt in to the emmy's so im expecting them to pull it off :ohlawd:

I've decided the entire episode is going to be a vision Bran sees when Bloodraven teaches him how to use that spying power. He'll pop in on each character, they'll do their thing and then he'll move to the next. Just a bunch of quick 5-10 minute segments that Bran sees. That opens the door for the TOJ and Rebellion flashbacks that will make all my dreams come true.

This is my final theory, otherwise I have no idea how their going to pull this off without making it feel too unrelated and my brain hurts from trying to figure it out.