A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
"A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward." :obama:

“It is not a question of wanting. The throne is mine, as Robert’s heir. That is law. After me, it must pass to my daughter, unless Selyse should finally give me a son.” He ran three fingers lightly down the table, over the layers of smooth hard varnish, dark with age. “I am king. Wants do not enter into it. I have a duty to my daughter. To the realm. Even to Robert. He loved me but little, I know, yet he was my brother. The Lannister woman gave him horns and made a motley fool of him. She may have murdered him as well, as she murdered Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. For such crimes there must be justice. Starting with Cersei and her abominations. But only starting. I mean to scour that court clean. As Robert should have done, after the Trident." :obama:

Funny! I found you siggy more entertaining :mjlol:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I would've argued with you a couple weeks ago when I was sure that the battle at the wall would end on Stannis, but since they held out on that until next week, my mind is :mindblown: on how they are going to fit everything in and you might be right about that quick shot before the fade to black. That final episode is gonna be crammed tight.

Stannis is an acquired taste. He had me cracking up in the books and he had some of my favorite lines, which he said while grinding his teeth and giving that sour face.

"A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward." :obama:

“It is not a question of wanting. The throne is mine, as Robert’s heir. That is law. After me, it must pass to my daughter, unless Selyse should finally give me a son.” He ran three fingers lightly down the table, over the layers of smooth hard varnish, dark with age. “I am king. Wants do not enter into it. I have a duty to my daughter. To the realm. Even to Robert. He loved me but little, I know, yet he was my brother. The Lannister woman gave him horns and made a motley fool of him. She may have murdered him as well, as she murdered Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. For such crimes there must be justice. Starting with Cersei and her abominations. But only starting. I mean to scour that court clean. As Robert should have done, after the Trident." :obama:

To me, Stannis comes across as a pawn. An honorable and valiant pawn, but a pawn nonetheless. That's not to say that I don't enjoy certain things about the character, I obviously do. But I'd be willing to wager that Davos and Melisandre will be more important in the long run. Hell, Stannis might have not even go to the wall and have his moment of glory if it weren't for those two.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Chill out about stoneheart yall

Lena Hedley instagram
Cinefex note
and now we have her thene music just released

3 pieces of proof. The show doesnt cut major shyt, it never has

http://m.imgur.com/qd97HP2

What I was saying is that they could have easily pushed it to early next season, even her reveal.

I'm excited about BR and leaf . Any word on leaf?

raff

Rookie
Daps
To me, Stannis comes across as a pawn. An honorable and valiant pawn, but a pawn nonetheless. That's not to say that I don't enjoy certain things about the character, I obviously do. But I'd be willing to wager that Davos and Melisandre will be more important in the long run. Hell, Stannis might have not even go to the wall and have his moment of glory if it weren't for those two.
Symbolicaly Stannis is a Rook - strong, going in straight lines, protection of the king in a rochade, first line of defense among the greater figures.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So after double checking I see that Stannis appears AFTER Jon meets with Mance

:manny:

Don't know how I forgot that

They still butchered the character tho

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gravedigger theory CONFIRMED :stylin:

Here are the Emmy submissions for outstanding makeup/prosthetics in an episode

ABjp0Mk.jpg

:ohhh:

Last edited:

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
Brienne bites off the Hound's ear :ohhh:

Lady Stoneheart is confirmed :blessed:

If Jon Snow becomes LC this episode (which I doubt), I may explode...

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
was re-reading "a game of thrones" the other day. that book flows so well chapter to chapter. And picking up and some stuff I missed like Hodor's real Name is Walder :russ:

• Dap
Reactions: no.
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
If they use this right, and use it where I think they will use it (LSH, then cut to credits) then this is just :noah:

Don't wanna have these expectations but many its a long wait :bryan:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
If they use this right, and use it where I think they will use it (LSH, then cut to credits) then this is just :noah:

Don't wanna have these expectations but many its a long wait :bryan:

curious on how they're gonna explain Stoneheart tho :patrice: yall think they're gonna wait till next season to explain (i kinda hope not, cuz those are the types of cliffhangers that damn near force people to start spoiling stuff for themselves :beli:)

or do yall think there's gonna be a quick flashback(which i doubt cuz they really dont do those)

what if the recap right before the episode shows her getting pulled out of the water :ehh: i could see that kind of working if done right

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
curious on how they're gonna explain Stoneheart tho :patrice: yall think they're gonna wait till next season to explain (i kinda hope not, cuz those are the types of cliffhangers that damn near force people to start spoiling stuff for themselves :beli:)

or do yall think there's gonna be a quick flashback(which i doubt cuz they really dont do those)

what if the recap right before the episode shows her getting pulled out of the water :ehh: i could see that kind of working if done right

I think all they really have to do is also show the brotherhood. Have thoros sentencing somebody for the red wedding and have him specifically mention Robb and cat stark.

People should be able to put 2 and 2 together.