A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The writers actually don't like him at all. If you watch any of the Inside the episode's, they don't find him likable at all and pretty much say he sucks :camby:

I feel like TV show watchers won't even really care about Stannis rescuing the realm because the writers completely botched his character. They have not done the character justice at all which is unfortunate.

Stannis is the Mannis
KNEW i wasn't just imagining the shyt

Stannis seems like the most changed character to me. I hate it because Stephen Dilane is killing that shyt and is being fed a half ass storyline

statuez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They better not fukk around and cut out King Stannis putting in work. I'm willing to wait till next week. Don't let me down HBO

I think they are gonna do Stannis dirty like they have done the entire series. Have him roll up with all his men but only show 20 or so wildings getting murked. Then cut to Stannis winning the battle without any action. Its gonna be some BS breh.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong but it seems like they've used all the budget for the battle at the wall and some more dragon/dany trash.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
My only problem with this is so much shyt happens next week that Stannis saving the day might get overshadowed.fukk it it's gonna piff regardless :manny:.

Next episode has potential to be the best hour of TV ever.:blessed:
stannis and everyone else for that matter is guaranteed to be overshadowed by Tyrion, the forums might crash again like it did when Oblock died :wow:

i know everyone who doesn't watch the show was prolly like why the fukk the site crashed :mindblown: that night :pachaha:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
stannis and everyone else for that matter is guaranteed to be overshadowed by Tyrion, the forums might crash again like it did when Oblock died :wow:

i know everyone who doesn't watch the show was prolly like why the fukk the site crashed :mindblown: that night :pachaha:
Game 5 of the finals is also on sunday:lupe:.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I think they are gonna do Stannis dirty like they have done the entire series. Have him roll up with all his men but only show 20 or so wildings getting murked. Then cut to Stannis winning the battle without any action. Its gonna be some BS breh.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong but it seems like they've used all the budget for the battle at the wall and some more dragon/dany trash.
I will be firmly on the "showrunners hate Stannis" if Jon's about to make a deal and that's when Stannis rolls up.

Also i feel like we will geta good sized battle with Stannis, cause the director said that there's a tricky battle scene to shoot, and that's the only option it seems like since it doesn't look like Bran and company are going to be getting attacked.

I kinda want Stannis Tt go in BAMF mode and kill a Giant.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
I dont like how Tormund and Jon Snow dont get along, I remember in the books he kind of distrusted Jon but was always Jolly and happy as shyt with him, they always had like some kind of friendship(he was about to ride out to Winterfell with that nikka) Tormund is kind of a dikk in the show though
This.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Guess I am in the minority when I say that I really don't give a damn about a Stannis storyline :manny:...I remember having to force myself through his chapters or anything related to him...and I couldn't wait for GRRM to kill him off. :takedat:

I care more about Davos.

Stannis is a much complex character than the show makes him out to be but I still never really found myself rooting for him, even after the end of ASOS.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Gravedigger theory CONFIRMED :stylin:

Here are the Emmy submissions for outstanding makeup/prosthetics in an episode

ABjp0Mk.jpg