A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
:dwillhuh: dese muthafukkas

all of this shyt for NO reason :mindblown: no way in hell they dont send arya to braavos so what's the point of all of this

so what, brienna kills the hound and arya takes off cuz they say they're from king's landing or some bullshyt :upsetfavre: we coulda already been in braavos right now playin word games with The Waif

fukk GRRM for cosigning this fukkery :camby:
Dont count bravos out yet. This season they added bravos to the map in the shows intro, and the only appearance of that place was when stannis dealt with the iron bank. I doubt they'd add it to the map over 1 little scene

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Dont count bravos out yet. This season they added bravos to the map in the shows intro, and the only appearance of that place was when stannis dealt with the iron bank. I doubt they'd add it to the map over 1 little scene
im not counting braavos out i just want an explanation for why they deviated so far for no apparent reason :manny: atleast with the other changes it was like "well that wasn't NEEDED :ld: so it makes sense that they cut it out" but this change is just :what:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
All the Arya scenes were dope this year. It was filler, but good filler. You get the House of Black and White next year.

And people knowing Arya alive is meaningless because she will be 'marrying' Ramsey next year so that covers that plot hole

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Any chance the show would use Bran and BR to showcase some flashback scenes in seasons 5 and 6?

Tower of Joy, Brynden Rivers pre-tree, history of the Others/Wall, Night's King, The Conquest, etc..

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched the episode

I'm convinced that the writers don't like Stannis :snoop:

They just won't let this nikka shine :snoop:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I dont like how Tormund and Jon Snow dont get along, I remember in the books he kind of distrusted Jon but was always Jolly and happy as shyt with him, they always had like some kind of friendship(he was about to ride out to Winterfell with that nikka) Tormund is kind of a dikk in the show though

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But they promoted him to the finale, their 'best episode ever'
I'll see what they do next week but gatdamn

The book had it set up perfectly

I was waiting for Stannis to come through like:cape: and it never happened. That would've been some good fukking tv.

Show Stannis taking all these L's, then they take the only legit W he had

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yeah I'm with you on that, I screamed NOOOOOOOOOOOO like Darth Vader when that credits screen hit

They could have easily fit it if they wanted to. But they obviously didn't want to, they decided to be fanboys and pack their first true season finale to the brim instead. I can't blame them.

The finale is the only episode that was submitted for an Emmy for writing, so they obviously are proud of it

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I dont like how Tormund and Jon Snow dont get along, I remember in the books he kind of distrusted Jon but was always Jolly and happy as shyt with him, they always had like some kind of friendship(he was about to ride out to Winterfell with that nikka) Tormund is kind of a dikk in the show though
im just glad the gawd lived, but if they combine characters with rattleshirt and kill him off, im gonna :sadbron:. stannis, tormand, and arya are the three ftw characters in my fandom. I fux with that little manderly girl (no :sitdown:) cause she got fire in her blood, and I give Davos his props, but that's where it stops

• Dap
Reactions: no.

statuez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched the episode

I'm convinced that the writers don't like Stannis :snoop:

They just won't let this nikka shine :snoop:

The writers actually don't like him at all. If you watch any of the Inside the episode's, they don't find him likable at all and pretty much say he sucks :camby:

I feel like TV show watchers won't even really care about Stannis rescuing the realm because the writers completely botched his character. They have not done the character justice at all which is unfortunate.

Stannis is the Mannis

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
The writers actually don't like him at all. If you watch any of the Inside the episode's, they don't find him likable at all and pretty much say he sucks :camby:

I feel like TV show watchers won't even really care about Stannis rescuing the realm because the writers completely botched his character. They have not done the character justice at all which is unfortunate.

Stannis is the Mannis
If they're adding scene's and shyt, they might as well add a few scenes of Stannis being a hardass and beheading someone or some kind of shyt