A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
man i'm a little worried they won't be able to fit all the crazy stuff for next episode.

bran + shytty dany will take up a lot of screen time. they need to show jaime talking to tyrion about tysha or maybe (shae being a hired whore by tywin), his talk with varys, then, killing shae + twyin. that's a lot of stuff to fit in 66 minutes. and then theres stannis saving jon, and lady stoneheart + arya going to bravvos?? wtf how are they gonna fit all of this
yeah thats a lot to fit on screen, they might cut some of that shyt out

they'll prolly keep it simple with each major thing just ending on a cliffhanger or some kind of shyt

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Wtf no Stannis? Why would they want to shoe horned that in next week?

So lady stone heart.... Closing minutes of the last episode (realistically it's a 4 minute scene if that) or the closing minutes of episode 1 of season 5?

statuez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to be honest i'm more worried about them doing the scenes poorly because they seem to be rushing all these reveals. they need to make sure the jaime + tyrion scene is done correctly or its gonna look retarded when he kills tywin. the conversation they had in the books was amazing and you could really feel tyrion's anger towards jaime. they better not fukk that shyt up.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Also, that shyt got me thinking that the show might not actually surpass the books, since there's a lot to fit in the last ep and since there's no way they fit certain things in then there's going to be storylines for next season for a lot of characters

Jamie's Riverlands campaign
Arya being the Cat Of The Canals
Jon Snow x Stannis x Melisandre
Theon with Fake Arya and Ramsay
Cersei being retarded
Tyrion finding Midget love and trying to get to Dany
Ser Jorah meeting up with Tyrion
Dany's wedding and the whole Mereen Crisis
Sam taking Gilly and Aemon to oldstown

Only person without a season long storyline will be Sansa, and I feel like they're gonna stretch the Robin's tour of the vale out a whole season, we got till 2016 brehs :to: George needa get on it

EDIT: I forgot Dorne

statuez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, that shyt got me thinking that the show might not actually surpass the books, since there's a lot to fit in the last ep and since there's no way they fit certain things in then there's going to be storylines for next season for a lot of characters

Arya being the Cat Of The Canals
Jon Snow x Stannis x Melisandre
Theon with Fake Arya and Ramsay
Cersei being retarded
Tyrion finding Midget love and trying to get to Dany
Ser Jorah meeting up with Tyrion
Dany's wedding and the whole Mereen Crisis
Sam taking Gilly and Aemon to oldstown

Only person without a season long storyline will be Sansa, and I feel like they're gonna stretch the Robin's tour of the vale out a whole season, we got till 2016 brehs :to: George needa get on it

fukk mereen. and i hope to god they don't have tyrion with peggy. that shyt was boring breh.

and another thing, are they going to completely ignore the fact that arya was at the vale and just pretend they left like it was no big deal?? cmon brehs

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Regarding Jaime and Tyrions convo in the books...
It was there first talk remember
They werent all buddy buddy like in the show
I wonder if they will skip the tysha talk then
I kinda dont care too much about that portion cause tyrion saying yea i killed joffrey would have no effect since everyone knows he didnt unlike in the books

We will start with jon and mance then stannis riding in (20min)
then Dany then shes done (5min)
Then Arya and the Hound (10min)
Bran for sometime (15min)
Tyrions last act(15min)
That bonus minute will lady stone(1min)

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Regarding Jaime and Tyrions convo in the books...
It was there first talk remember
They werent all buddy buddy like in the show
I wonder if they will skip the tysha talk then
I kinda dont care too much about that portion cause tyrion saying yea i killed joffrey would have no effect since everyone knows he didnt unlike in the books

But everyone did know in the books, Petyr Baelish had already revealed his plot to Sansa at that point

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Except for next week when they put everything in one episode. :usure:

C'mon, breh. The show did the book justice with tonight's episode. If they tried to cram Jon Snow meeting Mance, it would've been completely rushed. Maybe I'm biased because this is my favorite part of the story, but I'd rather have them cram a bunch of stuff in next week than rush the battle :manny:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
to be honest i'm more worried about them doing the scenes poorly because they seem to be rushing all these reveals. they need to make sure the jaime + tyrion scene is done correctly or its gonna look retarded when he kills tywin. the conversation they had in the books was amazing and you could really feel tyrion's anger towards jaime. they better not fukk that shyt up.

Would be very weird if they fukk that convo up. So far they've made an outstanding job with every dialogue Tyrion has had with anyone on his cell, hard to picture them fukking up the most important one.

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Except for next week when they put everything in one episode. :usure:
they gon have more time tho, no idea what they bouta do with arya/hound, dany's shyt shouldn't be too long

edit: now that i think about it, you might be right breh :patrice: they gotta cover jon/stannis but at the same time they HAVE to cover jaime/tyrions convo so he has a legit reason to go see tywin

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
C'mon, breh. The show did the book justice with tonight's episode. If they tried to cram Jon Snow meeting Mance, it would've been completely rushed. Maybe I'm biased because this is my favorite part of the story, but I'd rather have them cram a bunch of stuff in next week than rush the battle :manny:

It's my favorite part too, so I feel what you're saying. I just think we could've had a little less Sam and Aemon exchanging love stories and a little more Stannis coming to the rescue is all.

A big reason why it was one of my favorite parts is because it all happened at once and then the chapter ended suddenly. Even my mom will figure out what's gonna happen if you give her a week to think about it, so I know dudes watching will work it out and miss out on that surprise.

Episode was piff regardless.