A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
them nikkas dont care about any scene that doesn't involve some sort of comedy or action :manny: it is what it is, i enjoy the Ramsay/Theon scenes, it's the stuff in king's landing that usually has me like :snooze: prolly because i already know how boring it's about to get, bouta be the cersei show over there in a lil minute

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
makes sense. they could always show her with thoros of myr, alluding to the fact he revived her since we've seen it before. then next season have it explained how beric sacrificed himself for her.
If I was a writer, I would have the 2nd to last scene be Bran with Bloodraven doing his Weirwood visions. One of the visions would flash around and show Nymeria pulling an unidentified body out of the water. It would flash around some more and show the Brotherhood running up on it.

Then cut to black, then fade back in to the LSH scene with Thoros present to tie it all together

I dont want them do leave her resurrection a complete secret, because I hated the lack of explanation in the book initially. Thought it was the worst moment yet until I got an explanaition

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
them nikkas dont care about any scene that doesn't involve some sort of comedy or action :manny: it is what it is, i enjoy the Ramsay/Theon scenes, it's the stuff in king's landing that usually has me like :snooze: prolly because i already know how boring it's about to get, bouta be the cersei show over there in a lil minute
Even season 2 theon, nikka's were acting like it wasnt important at all.
I came upon the review after I had read the book's and it captures some of how I felt about Theon's role in the season.
Season finale review: Game of Thrones - Valar Morghulis: A horse with no neck

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
1st bolded, I blame that on Stark fanaticism. I read the books before the downfall of Theon...like you, at the end, I felt bad...and this theme is true throughout the series. In Theon, he was cocky, traitor, etc. those decisions led hid to Ramsey...but he has not been killed...and it seems that GRRM is turning him into a hero or the underdog...same with Jamie, I think. Anyways, the character development of the book Theon reflects tv Theon.

2nd bolded again Stark fanaticism, I don't blame the showrunners because they have done an excellent job with Theon's story. The show watchers don't know the updated story on Reek yet, so maybe when they find out they will turnaround but I have doubts. The Stark fanaticism is strong with this honorable crap.

I am indifferent:mjpls: to the Starks or Greyjoys' plite :sas2:

Outside of @Adam3000 and maybe R.E.N. Starkset can be dikks. Funny, they ride so hard for the honorable Starks but they don't show Stark qualities. Some of them talk about wiping other houses off the map for being vile. They sounding more like Tywin :mjlol:

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
What is going on in that show thread? Feelings are so hurt that brehs are writing paragraphs to talk shyt.

Same dudes will forget who Oberyn Martell even was by the end of this season and will definitely be watching for them Sand Snakes next season.

GRRM got them heated.

I don't even wanna post in there right now and risk hurting anyone's broken feelings.
Part of me feels bad... all those raw feelings gotta hurt the soul. :to:

The other part of me is laughing and keeping track of names. :lolbron: :troll:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I dont care for how they do Theon in the show, maybe its because we cant see his actual thoughts on screen but breh wasnt that damn scared of Ramsay, I mean, he'd sleep with dogs, eat Jeyne pool p*ssy(prolly woulda did that anyways :shaq:), and hand over his own people but that was to avoid getting fukked up even worse because he was trapped and had no way of escaping

But had Asha actually came to save this nikka, he would've recognized her and ran off with her definitely. I guess it'll make him actually escaping with Jeyne more surprising to the show audience though, because they see him as having that Stockholm Syndrome shyt rather than just being trapped.

I love show Ramsay though, he's a badass, when him and his goons ran to the kennels and saw the Ironborn there :ohlawd:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I heard that GRRM had to cancel a cameo on GOT due to pressure from fans to get TWOW finished. I want him to finish the books as much as the next person, but damn that doesn't mean the guy hasto spend 24/7 on the books.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I heard that GRRM had to cancel a cameo on GOT due to pressure from fans to get TWOW finished. I want him to finish the books as much as the next person, but damn that doesn't mean the guy hasto spend 24/7 on the books.

you know what the problem is? i read that same interview with his editor, and she says he refuses to get a laptop so he can write on the road. the ONLY time this guy writes is when he is at home because he only trusts his old ass computer. but still, even if he wasnt so popular right now and doing appearances, this guy would still have us waiting. he is just a slow writer. if its really gonna be 8 books, its safe to say we are never gonna get the last book since this dude is already 65 or someshyt :aicmon:

fukkit we will know the end thru the show anyway :manny:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I figure the season is gonna end with lady stone heart, but I kinda wished they dropped some hints or dialogue throughout the season for foreshadowing sakes. Kinda like how they did with the brotherhood in season 2 before we met them. Say tywin talks about reports of soldiers finding dead freys hanging in the river lands. Or they could have had Arya have her wolf dreams, Idk why they cut those out.