A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Alright brehs, say you're a lord of a House that was eating good under the Mad King and then Robert's Rebellion breaks out. You know that the King was crazy and that Stark and Baratheon had legit reasons to raise banners against him.

Who you fighting for?

Mad King?

Stay Neutral? (you're not an overlord/warden so staying neutral might get some other houses angry at you and shyt won't look good once there's a victor)

King Robert?

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Alright brehs, say you're a lord of a House that was eating good under the Mad King and then Robert's Rebellion breaks out. You know that the King was crazy and that Stark and Baratheon had legit reasons to raise banners against him.

Who you fighting for?

Mad King?

Stay Neutral? (you're not an overlord/warden so staying neutral might get some other houses angry at you and shyt won't look good once there's a victor)

King Robert?
King Robert:salute:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
we don't know how they'll handle next season, and the timeline from the 4th and 5th books
Nah they're pretty much done with her AFFC story already. Maybe one or two eps of LF butting heads with Royce but that's about it. Bran is also gonna be done this season.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Who you fighting for?

Mad King?

King Robert?
im not "siding" with any lord, im gonna be on my Howland Reed shyt and just hold my nikka Ned down :manny: whoever he got problems with, i got problems with :birdman:
2505dhy.jpg

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nah they're pretty much done with her AFFC story already. Maybe one or two eps of LF butting heads with Royce but that's about it. Bran is also gonna be done this season.
"nah" what?

I'm sayin they have a lot of content to cover, so it's not like they'll have, or need, a lot of time to advance Sansa and/or LF's story. it's already to the point on the show where they can't really cram all the current characters' story lines into one episode, and that will only get worse as we move on. I imagine that's part of why GRRM choose to split up the 4th and 5th books like that: there's a lot going on with different characters in different places. again, we don't know how the show will handle this

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset

Who you fighting for?

Mad King?

King Robert?

Mad King :stopitslime:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps

Who you fighting for?

Mad King?

King Robert?
Depends on who I'm closer with, if I'm actually friends with the Targs then yeah I'm going Aerys, but if I got no love for them, i'd just wait to see who's winning then jump in

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
we don't know how they'll handle next season, and the timeline from the 4th and 5th books

Remember though this is damn near the end of Sansa's arc in the book...and they can't just have no Sansa for an entire season. If they gave Ramsay and Theon time in season 3 they can give some time to her. At this point i have no idea what they can do seeing as how in the books no one knows her identity yet.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
My reply to @T-K-G from the show thread showing how I would have kept Oberyn alive:

Tyrion's storyline could be slightly changed to his being exonerated through Oberyn winning the trial by combat but knowing that Cersei will have him killed anyway, Jamie and Varys set it up for Tyrion to secretly get out of King's landing without Cersei finding out. The rest of Tyrion's story can play out exactly like in the books from Jaime confessing about Tyrion's first wife not being a whore and that Tywin forced Jamie to lie to Tyrion which leads to Tyrion turning on Jaime to him then finding Shae fukking Tywin and killing his father in a rage thus becoming a wanted man again.

Oberyn could have been shown to have sustained some injuries in the fight with the Mountain that precluded him from killing Tywin himself. Oberyn's character could then become a merged character with his brother from the books. Say Doran dies of some illness and Oberyn becomes the new ruler of Dorne which then makes him have to leave the Small Council and King's Landing in a hurry before he can kill Tywin himself...with season 5 featuring a bumped up presence of Dorne in the show then it becomes very easy to just have all of Prince Doran's storyline from the books be carried out by Oberyn with the excuse for Oberyn not going after the Lannister's himself being because he has accepted the responsibility of the ruler of Dorne and his temper needs to be controlled. So then Oberyn becomes the one plotting against the Lannisters and wanting to align with Dany so she can claim the Iron Throne.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
My reply to @T-K-G from the show thread showing how I would have kept Oberyn alive:

Tyrion's storyline could be slightly changed to his being exonerated through Oberyn winning the trial by combat but knowing that Cersei will have him killed anyway, Jamie and Varys set it up for Tyrion to secretly get out of King's landing without Cersei finding out. The rest of Tyrion's story can play out exactly like in the books from Jaime confessing about Tyrion's first wife not being a whore and that Tywin forced Jamie to lie to Tyrion which leads to Tyrion turning on Jaime to him then finding Shae fukking Tywin and killing his father in a rage thus becoming a wanted man again.

Oberyn could have been shown to have sustained some injuries in the fight with the Mountain that precluded him from killing Tywin himself. Oberyn's character could then become a merged character with his brother from the books. Say Doran dies of some illness and Oberyn becomes the new ruler of Dorne which then makes him have to leave the Small Council and King's Landing in a hurry before he can kill Tywin himself...with season 5 featuring a bumped up presence of Dorne in the show then it becomes very easy to just have all of Prince Doran's storyline from the books be carried out by Oberyn with the excuse for Oberyn not going after the Lannister's himself being because he has accepted the responsibility of the ruler of Dorne and his temper needs to be controlled. So then Oberyn becomes the one plotting against the Lannisters and wanting to align with Dany so she can claim the Iron Throne.
But what about FrankenMountain :comeon:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
But what about FrankenMountain :comeon:
WIll we get FrankenMOuntain though? Some of the more absurd stuff from the book tends to get the bushes treatment on the show. We still don't know if Lady Stoneheart is going to appear. Cold Hands is not looking likely. They even dissed Strong Belwas which still pisses me off.