A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Jards

All Star
Daps
Just read all 7 parts of "The Grand Northern Conspiracy" after seeing someone mention it in here and all i can say is :wow:

adds a whole nother level of intrigue to the story for me
7 parts?

Link please :feedme:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
They should cast Frieda Pinto as Arianne :noah:

Freida_Pinto.jpg

My loins :noah:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
whatever happened to the dothraki that drogo had when he died?

not sure if they were ever mentioned or not:unsure:

those dany storylines always got me :yawn:

They left with their new leader Khal Jhogo (I think thats his name?)

Dany encounters him at the end of ADWD, thats the end of her story

He is dead in the show though

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
whatever happened to the dothraki that drogo had when he died?

not sure if they were ever mentioned or not:unsure:

those dany storylines always got me :yawn:

I assume they're all dead. :shaq2: IRL The actress who plays Irri one of Dany's handmaidens got axed because she had visa issues in the UK. Them killing Rakharo as well makes me think the left overs of her Dothraki won't last long in the books either. Oh well, dem nigs lost their appeal once Drogo died anyway......:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Some shyt to chew on that I was thinking about the other day

We are only 1/3rd of the way through GRRM's original planned tale :beli:

Originally a trilogy, the first book ending with events similar to Strom of Swords. Then a 5 year time jump, then book 2 A Dance of Dragons chronicling Dany's return to Westeros. Then book 3 covering ?mystery endgame?

So basically it took him 3 books to get through 1/3rd of his trilogy, and then 2 books to get through his time jump that never was supposed to be put on paper.

Winds of Winter Book 6 is starting the story we were supposed to get in Dance of Dragons Book 2 :beli:

This dude better get back to the point and finish this up in 7 :beli:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I can't wait to go to work tomorrow morning and read the reactions :banderas:

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Bald move podcasts
Their game of thrones podcast is great, the one guy who reads the books does a spoiler section at the end (where I first heard of this grand North conspiracy) check it out, some of you may like it

Having a bunch of people over tonight, can't wait to see their face at the end of this fight

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Though at the same time, the more I saw obberyn on the screen these last few episodes, I liked him more. I hope they keep the dialogue the same during the same with the mountain finally answering him.... I don't want to see dude go but... Valar morghulis

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Some shyt to chew on that I was thinking about the other day

We are only 1/3rd of the way through GRRM's original planned tale :beli:

Originally a trilogy, the first book ending with events similar to Strom of Swords. Then a 5 year time jump, then book 2 A Dance of Dragons chronicling Dany's return to Westeros. Then book 3 covering ?mystery endgame?

So basically it took him 3 books to get through 1/3rd of his trilogy, and then 2 books to get through his time jump that never was supposed to be put on paper.

Winds of Winter Book 6 is starting the story we were supposed to get in Dance of Dragons Book 2 :beli:

This dude better get back to the point and finish this up in 7 :beli:
We are already past the time jump for a lot of the characters. Dany hoping Drogon, Jon being killed, Cersei's downfall etc are all events that would happen in "act 2". If these next 2 books are as big and action packed as Asos then I think the entire story gets told in 7 books.