A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
This dude is obviously fukking Cersei on the regular. Every answer he gives says something about how much he digs working with her. :shaq:

I don't know. This picture looks pretty suspect :patrice:

6R9bqYe.jpg

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Areo Hotah was boring as hell in the book, glad we won't be seeing things through his eyes.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
AFFC/ADWD reread

The chapter "The Kraken's Daughter" Asha is talking to Nuncle and he is reading a book about lost books. In it, he makes note that Archmaester Marwyn claims to have found 3 pages from an old Targaryen prophecy book right before the Doom of Valyria

Seems to me like we will find out the truth of the Doom from Marywn possibly. That dude is gonna play a big role these last two books I think. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite side characters. Love him in the last Sam chapter.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
AFFC/ADWD reread

The chapter "The Kraken's Daughter" Asha is talking to Nuncle and he is reading a book about lost books. In it, he makes note that Archmaester Marwyn claims to have found 3 pages from an old Targaryen prophecy book right before the Doom of Valyria

Seems to me like we will find out the truth of the Doom from Marywn possibly. That dude is gonna play a big role these last two books I think. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite side characters. Love him in the last Sam chapter.

What do you think happened involving the Doom?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
What do you think happened involving the Doom?

I don't know. The volcanoes and earthquakes are the superficial answer, but I'm pretty sure something caused them to happen. I really am clueless on that one, if I had to make a guess I would say it involves the Faceless Men in some way

I also think there is a strong possibility that there will be a Doom of Westeros. Dragonstone appears to be an active volcano based on little textual clues, and I'm afraid that "waking dragons from stone" means they are gonna burn Shireen and set off a second Doom by erupting Dragonstone

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
I just realized that Balon still isn't dead in the TV show. I wonder if the mystery surrounding his death will be revealed next season, if they focus on the Ironborn.