A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yall realize that in 3 weeks, the motherfukking Children of the Forest are gonna be blessing our TV screens

Bryden Rivers too

It aint gonna mean shyt to casual watchers but this shyt is like my ultimate season finale moment

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Damn Dorne up in this bytch for S5 huh. Nice. I still don't get why people complain about AFFC, all the Dorne stuff is dope.

So episode nine gonna be this I guess?
400px-Drogon_in_Daznak%27s_Pit.jpg
Dany riding drogon off to the Dothraki Sea is gonna be :ohlawd: ifthey can pull it off. Maybe they put that and Quentyn trying to tame the other dragons and getting bbq'd in the same episode.

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
Yall realize that in 3 weeks, the motherfukking Children of the Forest are gonna be blessing our TV screens

Bryden Rivers too

It aint gonna mean shyt to casual watchers but this shyt is like my ultimate season finale moment

This is what I've been waiting on for all these seasons. The CotF and the battle at the wall. I can't wait.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Nah, I'd wager episode 6 or 7

Episode 9 Battle of Meereen

The show runners have said they believe there will be a "big" battle every other season. Blackwater S2, the Wall S4, and more than likely the Meereen or Winterfell battle in S6; I doubt we'll get both.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The show runners have said they believe there will be a "big" battle every other season. Blackwater S2, the Wall S4, and more than likely the Meereen or Winterfell battle in S6; I doubt we'll get both.

Where is this quote? I've never seen it.

So by this logic there will not be a big battle in Season 7 to possibly end the series? Dany coming to Westeros will all be for naught, we'll just get a shot of the dragons flying in and then Tyrion will get hit over the head with a hammer and will wake up with King's Landing burned to a crisp? :upsetfavre:

Why are people so hung up on stretching out Dany's story just like the books when pushing the Battle of Meereen to Winds of Winter was probably the worst editing choice made in the entire series? We gonna end Season 5 with dany staring at period blood running down her legs and having an inner monologue about her true nature? :lolbron:This is a chance to correct the one flaw in ASOIAF and people think it is more likely they will rush along WOW material in Season 6 than ADWD material in season 5?

Its clear cut breh. I should be saving all my broken record rants about the adaptations so I can quote them all next March when the episode titles leak :shaq:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Where is this quote? I've never seen it.

So by this logic there will not be a big battle in Season 7 to possibly end the series? Dany coming to Westeros will all be for naught, we'll just get a shot of the dragons flying in and then Tyrion will get hit over the head with a hammer and will wake up with King's Landing burned to a crisp? :upsetfavre:

Why are people so hung up on stretching out Dany's story just like the books when pushing the Battle of Meereen to Winds of Winter was probably the worst editing choice made in the entire series? We gonna end Season 5 with dany staring at period blood running down her legs and having an inner monologue about her true nature? :lolbron:This is a chance to correct the one flaw in ASOIAF and people think it is more likely they will rush along WOW material in Season 6 than ADWD material in season 5?

Its clear cut breh. I should be saving all my broken record rants about the adaptations so I can quote them all next March when the episode titles leak :shaq:

Can't find the link now, but Benioff and Weiss definitely said they were prefer an every other season battle due to how expensive they are. Considering they're filming in Spain next season and expanding the cast I really don't think they'll have any major battles in S5. I think they packed this one with so much action to essentially make up for the lack of action next season. Sure big stuff will happen obviously but action wise it won't be nearly as explosive.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Breah, what in the hell could this be? :dwillhuh:

Director Alex Graves said:
Yeah, there’s a battle in the tenth episode that is so VFX heavy and so complex, even on a feature level, that won’t be done until June right before it airs.

What battle could possibly be happening in episode 10 that is so dense and complex? :dwillhuh: I'm lost and excited at the same time.....maybe something invented for the show with the dragons? :dwillhuh:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Breah, what in the hell could this be? :dwillhuh:

What battle could possibly be happening in episode 10 that is so dense and complex? :dwillhuh: I'm lost and excited at the same time.....maybe something invented for the show with the dragons? :dwillhuh:

Hodor fighting the wights before meeting Leaf/Bloodraven, or Dany having Unsullied attempt to chain the dragons up. There was a rumor about the dragon locking scene being in episode 10, with Drogon escaping. Having all three dragons and multiple extras interacting with them would be expensive and complex as hell.