A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Notice how Bronn described the fight to Tyrion? Wear him down, get him on the ground......one mistake and it's over

I hate to think about it. Oberyn had a victory locked but his need to dominate The Mountain even more undid him. :snoop:

shyt would have been so fukking crazy different if Oberyn walked out of that alive...

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
How does everyone think Bronn would have done against the Mountain? Like dude said, he had the game plan and we know Bronn is a hell of a fighter. He wouldn't have gotten overly emotional like Oberyn did...so he probably could have pulled it off I think. Bronn is a clever character.

raff

Rookie
Daps
How does everyone think Bronn would have done against the Mountain? Like dude said, he had the game plan and we know Bronn is a hell of a fighter. He wouldn't have gotten overly emotional like Oberyn did...so he probably could have pulled it off I think. Bronn is a clever character.

But would he be able to use the spear? Because of sword use he'd have to get awfully close several times and might not maim and dash like O-Block, but instead be grabbed and brutalized by Greg.:yeshrug:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
But would he be able to use the spear? Because of sword use he'd have to get awfully close several times and might not maim and dash like O-Block, but instead be grabbed and brutalized by Greg.:yeshrug:

Yeah Bronn probably would have had a sword and a knife for close up fights. But The Mountain had that heavy ass armor on so maybe he wouldn't have been able to move so well.:ld:

TheTwista

Seems It Never Fails
Daps
Reppin
The Cave
didn't realize rorge and biter getting killed by hound/arya snatched those bodies away from brienne :ohhh:

not a big deal tho :manny:

Looks like that whole storyline with Brienne and Pod wandering around looking for a fool that doesn't exist is being cut out of the show. Makes sense since Gendry plays a role at the tail end of it when Brienne gets chewed up, and the show has him adrift somewhere in the narrow sea.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Briene knows arya is alive, doubt it means much, but interesting change nonetheless

My guess is she'll actively be looking like the brotherhood without banners...so it'll just fast forward that plot line a bit and probably squeeze in the big reveal at the end of that plot.

It's just too bad Brienne isn't looking like she'll catch many bodies along the way.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
My guess is she'll actively be looking like the brotherhood without banners...so it'll just fast forward that plot line a bit and probably squeeze in the big reveal at the end of that plot.

It's just too bad Brienne isn't looking like she'll catch many bodies along the way.

they probably gonna just have the brotherhood run into her and pod at the end of this season and have lady stoneheart revealed to them. maybe stretch out the jamie in the riverlands story a little more before he runs into brienne halfway thru next season. shyt at this rate, we may get lady stoneheart and jamie before the end of next season.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
they probably gonna just have the brotherhood run into her and pod at the end of this season and have lady stoneheart revealed to them. maybe stretch out the jamie in the riverlands story a little more before he runs into brienne halfway thru next season. shyt at this rate, we may get lady stoneheart and jamie before the end of next season.

That's what I was thinking. I'm hoping they close out this season with the Lady Stoneheart reveal and then next season will have Jamie headed for the Riverlands where the big meeting can happen (hopefully we have the new book by then). The Sansa plot feels like it's going really quickly also, which I don't mind at all because most of her stuff was boring any way (minus the Little Finger Lessons which have all made it on the air so far). Bran, Brienne and Sansa are all close to their lulls in the book which is actually pretty good news imo because it means more action at the wall, in Mereen and with Tyrion next season. Also, if those three are gone maybe my dude Victarion can finally get some screen.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
That's what I was thinking. I'm hoping they close out this season with the Lady Stoneheart reveal and then next season will have Jamie headed for the Riverlands where the big meeting can happen (hopefully we have the new book by then). The Sansa plot feels like it's going really quickly also, which I don't mind at all because most of her stuff was boring any way (minus the Little Finger Lessons which have all made it on the air so far). Bran, Brienne and Sansa are all close to their lulls in the book which is actually pretty good news imo because it means more action at the wall, in Mereen and with Tyrion next season. Also, if those three are gone maybe my dude Victarion can finally get some screen.

idk if u heard but its looking like victarion is getting cut out. thats why they did the whole daario taking the meerenese navy thing and saying he had exactly 93 ships which is the same amount victarion has when he lands in meereen. i really hope thats wrong but thats how its looking right now.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
idk if u heard but its looking like victarion is getting cut out. thats why they did the whole daario taking the meerenese navy thing and saying he had exactly 93 ships which is the same amount victarion has when he lands in meereen. i really hope thats wrong but thats how its looking right now.

I hate that news, but dap for bringing it up...I forgot the ship number thing and it's gonna really piss me off if they cut Victarion. I wonder if that bodes poorly for Aerys too. Euron HAS to be in the show sooner or later at least right?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I hate that news, but dap for bringing it up...I forgot the ship number thing and it's gonna really piss me off if they cut Victarion. I wonder if that bodes poorly for Aerys too. Euron HAS to be in the show sooner or later at least right?

man if i get to see one of them i really hope its euron. or at least combine the characters. i just think with all these new characters its gonna be confusing as hell for TV people so they really have no choice unless they wanna lose viewers. most TV people have a very short attention span. besides, if they gonna cut people out, i rather it be the ironmen than the sand snakes and areo hotah.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
The scene between the Red Viper and Tyrion was fukking powerful. Watching Oberyn get got is gonna hurt like a motherfukker again :to:

No more Chilean excellence :to:

Oberyn my n1gga I hate it had to be him :sad:

Tyrion throwing up, Ellaria screaming in horror, and young Oblock getting his shyt caved in :no:

I'm not ready.