A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
exactly, but i doubt they'll want to cuz

1. that shyt will get EXTREMELY boring to watch on tv, added to how boring King's Landing gets when Tywin dies they're gonna have to cut some shyt out to make sure people still tune in to see their favorite characters
2. Everyone elses storyline would prolly already be on the cusp of 6th book material outside of Jon (pretty sure they're gonna speed things up a little bit at the wall so it ends with him gettin stabbed up)

They're gonna have to be finished with book 5 Dany material by next season and find someway to make that shyt interesting, but i just dont see how
Well we're also gonna get Tyrion traveling there, and I wouldn't be surprised if they deviate a good amount from the book story there because it really wasn't all that interesting until him and Jorah got captured, and even then not that interesting. They'll have a new angle to look at shyt at with Victarion and the gawd Euron. They've really got to get bad motherfukkers to play those two, man. If it wasn't so similar of a role, I'd fukking love to see Rollo from Vikings play Victarion.

They're gonna show Balon's brothers, right? They wouldn't skip them, dude, RIGHT?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Well we're also gonna get Tyrion traveling there, and I wouldn't be surprised if they deviate a good amount from the book story there because it really wasn't all that interesting until him and Jorah got captured, and even then not that interesting. They'll have a new angle to look at shyt at with Victarion and the gawd Euron. They've really got to get bad motherfukkers to play those two, man. If it wasn't so similar of a role, I'd fukking love to see Rollo from Vikings play Victarion.

They're gonna show Balon's brothers, right? They wouldn't skip them, dude, RIGHT?
Victarion possibly got written out breh :sadcam:

but if they dont have Aeron or Euron im gonna be pissed :birdman: i REALLY wanted to see their design for aeron especially

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
They have to show the kingsmoot right, right? And I kinda wish they had the singer playing while Lysa was trying to kill Sansa just to have Littlefinger blame him lol

raff

Rookie
Daps
The Ironborn/Greyjoys are a big fukken plot in themselves, starting from Balons death and Stannis coming thru Moat C.
I'll be :mindblown: if they ommit swagged out Euron. His crazy stories, warlocks, horn, attack on the Reach pushed the plot in an interesting direction.
How can they think of cutting hot shizz like that, and I didn't even fukks with the Greyjoys like that before the 4th book.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
@Mikey2Toes I'd take a ban bet against anyone that the final Battle for Meereen will be in Season 5. Season 6 will kick off with her coming to Westeros.

Besides the need for a quicker pace that I have laid out in detail many times over, nobody wants to see this Meereen storyline anymore. There is already nothing but viewer hatred towards it. The fact that it isn't going to be resolved by the end of this season is going to piss a lot of people off. And if they didn't resolve it by the end of season 5, casual viewers will start tuning out.

The timeline I'm predicting is: Season 4 ends with the burned remains of a child and Jorah's exile. Season 5 picks up the pace, possibly even eliminating the fighting pits saga (I hope not though). She marries Hizdar early in the season, fly's off somewhere around episode 6 or 7, and has the final battle in episode 9 or 10.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The Ironborn/Greyjoys are a big fukken plot in themselves, starting from Balons death and Stannis coming thru Moat C.
I'll be :mindblown: if they ommit swagged out Euron. His crazy stories, warlocks, horn, attack on the Reach pushed the plot in an interesting direction.
How can they think of cutting hot shizz like that, and I didn't even fukks with the Greyjoys like that before the 4th book.

No need for Victarion or Damphair. Sorry to the purists, but they are not necessary with a few simple rewrites (which they have already started doing with Dany having ships). Euron probably is necessary though.

As far as Dorne goes, thats a tough call. I can see most of the Sand Snake subplots getting the axe and possibly Quentyn too, but I don't see how you can cut out the general story arch of Doran and Arianne. The only way they could be eliminated is if Aegon is eliminated, and I don't see that happening because the Dance of Dragons 2.0 is what all this is building towards. So I suspect Dorne lovers are gonna be pleased in the end.

But hell, maybe they will fit it all in. They will have to severly ignore some major characters to do it, but maybe they will :manny:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
@Mikey2Toes I'd take a ban bet against anyone that the final Battle for Meereen will be in Season 5. Season 6 will kick off with her coming to Westeros.

Besides the need for a quicker pace that I have laid out in detail many times over, nobody wants to see this Meereen storyline anymore. There is already nothing but viewer hatred towards it. The fact that it isn't going to be resolved by the end of this season is going to piss a lot of people off. And if they didn't resolve it by the end of season 5, casual viewers will start tuning out.

The timeline I'm predicting is: Season 4 ends with the burned remains of a child and Jorah's exile. Season 5 picks up the pace, possibly even eliminating the fighting pits saga (I hope not though). She marries Hizdar early in the season, fly's off somewhere around episode 6 or 7, and has the final battle in episode 9 or 10.
you think they're gonna omit the Sons of the Harpy storyline completely?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
No. Just rush the hell out of it.

(which is a good thing imo)
word. that's the only way i see them getting through all of dany's shyt next season

either way it's gonna be fukked up for us cuz by the show omitting certain characters it's kind of sayin that they're not important in the big scheme of things :sadcam: gonna feel weird reading those characters POV's after we've already seen how it ends on tv

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
the words action and meereen shouldn't be used in the same sentence :heh: outside of a couple soldiers getting murked and dany flying away that shyt was incredibly boring

I'm getting ahead of myself with that one, but the leaked chapters of the war are on some epic ish...hopefully they figure out a way to skip all the meetings and BS for the action. They've powered through a lot of the fluff in the Sansa and Brienne storylines (although I gotta admit, it'll be hard to fast track the Dany stuff since it's kinda important but damn man...I just wanna see dragons:to:)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
They have to show the kingsmoot right, right? And I kinda wish they had the singer playing while Lysa was trying to kill Sansa just to have Littlefinger blame him lol
I wonder how they'll handle that on the show. LF gonna say she tripped and fell out the moon-door? :heh:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I wonder how they'll handle that on the show. LF gonna say she tripped and fell out the moon-door? :heh:
i wouldn't be surprised if dude stayed in the LF character and helped the writers come up with a plausible excuse himself
FHL0TQY.png

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I was just thinking how Dany's storyline is fueled by simpery.

Drop died because he simped at the wrong time, y'all already know about Jorah, then there's Daario, and then Quentyn got fried for it. :mjlol:

I wonder if Quentyn will appear in the show. I bet people will accept Discount Daario if Quentyn's awkward ass shows up.

raff

Rookie
Daps
i wouldn't be surprised if dude stayed in the LF character and helped the writers come up with a plausible excuse himself
FHL0TQY.png

Little Fingers explanation: I wish we'd been living in a world of zero gravity and simple medieval architecture. But sadly a world like that doesn't exist.
Maybe one day?...:sas2: