A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i noticed that when varys asked oberyn what he was doing in essos for 5 years, there was a kind of subtle indication he was there for something other than he was saying. kind of like a nod to oberyn being in pentos to seal the secret pact between the targaryens and dorne :ohhh:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
i noticed that when varys asked oberyn what he was doing in essos for 5 years, there was a kind of subtle indication he was there for something other than he was saying. kind of like a nod to oberyn being in pentos to seal the secret pact between the targaryens and dorne :ohhh:

I thought that as well.
But I thought Varys supported the Targaryens as well.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I thought that as well.

yea thats the confusing part. unless oberyn doesnt know that varys is in on it. it might have been just between oberyn, magister illyrio, the golden company and the guy that was taking care of dany and her brother. idk

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
fukking shyt! god damn it! fukk the internets!

Blame yourself too breh, there was no reason for you to come in here to confirm any of that shyt. There are fake spoilers everywhere.

But 2 of those spoilers are b*stardizations of the truth and could be argued are flat out false. I'm gonna keep it vague. Watch the show and enjoy the ride.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
it was the Umbers. the family of the guy who got his fingers bit off by Robb's wolf in season 1. the Greatjon Umber.

I guess they're going the Manderly route with House Umber. The actor had to drop out after season 2 due scheduling conflicts but the actor said in his twitter that the character is alive and well and wasn't at the Red Wedding.

I'm thinking the character will return (maybe recasted) and House Umber will take the role of the Manderlys instead of the hostage plotline they have in the books. :ohhh:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I guess they're going the Manderly route with House Umber. The actor had to drop out after season 2 due scheduling conflictsbut the actor said in his twitter that the character is alive and well and wasn't at the Red Wedding.

I'm thinking the character will return (maybe recasted) and House Umber will take the role of the Manderlys instead of the hostage plotline they have in the books. :ohhh:

i wouldnt be surprised. most show watchers that i know are confused enough as it is about all the characters and their names. introducing the manderlys, the rest of the martells, the greyjoys, everybody brienne meets, the new high septon and that whole storyline, brown ben plumm, jon connington and aegon and their group, the golden company, the mountain clans that stannis recruits, all the freys that come up north with the boltons, the people in braavos when arya moves out there, the lannisters that jamie runs into in the riverlands, alys karstark and her uncle, etc etc etc would confuse the shyt out of them. it would be too much. they gonna have to combine and compress a shyt load of storylines for the next 3 seasons.

EDIT: i didnt even mention lady maege and her daughters, the glovers, and the rest of the vale :shaq2:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
i wouldnt be surprised. most show watchers that i know are confused enough as it is about all the characters and their names. introducing the manderlys, the rest of the martells, the greyjoys, everybody brienne meets, the new high septon and that whole storyline, brown ben plumm, jon connington and aegon and their group, the golden company, the mountain clans that stannis recruits, all the freys that come up north with the boltons, the people in braavos when arya moves out there, the lannisters that jamie runs into in the riverlands, alys karstark and her uncle, etc etc etc would confuse the shyt out of them. it would be too much. they gonna have to combine and compress a shyt load of storylines for the next 3 seasons.

EDIT: i didnt even mention lady maege and her daughters, the glovers, and the rest of the vale :shaq2:

Sheesh I'm gonna have to reread the whole ASOIAF before TWOW comes out

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Sheesh I'm gonna have to reread the whole ASOIAF before TWOW comes out

:pachaha: shyt it took me til my 2nd re-read to really grasp who all these people were. im forgetting a lot of minor details while i wait for TWOW so ima either have to re-read or go thru every wiki page for the books.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I thought that as well.

yea thats the confusing part. unless oberyn doesnt know that varys is in on it. it might have been just between oberyn, magister illyrio, the golden company and the guy that was taking care of dany and her brother. idk
Varys has repeatedly tried to get the Westorosi to kill Dany. He doesn't support the Targs, does he? He supports his own cause.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Varys has repeatedly tried to get the Westorosi to kill Dany. He doesn't support the Targs, does he? He supports his own cause.

well theres a shytload of different theories about this. some say varys and illyrio are just using dany and the iron throne against each other to make way for aegon who is actually a blackfyre. thats the one i believe.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Blame yourself too breh, there was no reason for you to come in here to confirm any of that shyt. There are fake spoilers everywhere.

But 2 of those spoilers are b*stardizations of the truth and could be argued are flat out false. I'm gonna keep it vague. Watch the show and enjoy the ride.
which 2 could be argued as flat out false without nitpicking breh

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
which 2 could be argued as flat out false without nitpicking breh
Jon isnt confirmed dead, so thats false.

Cat isnt a zombie, thats false. She is a living breathing humam being.

Yeah, that one is nitpicking. I was just trying to put him back in the dark.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
word lol on a completely unrelated youtube video. imagine going to a religious website and somebody writing about GOT in the comments :pachaha: