A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I was watching season 1 with my friend who has never seen the show or read the books, and she asked me why Sansa and Jon Snow never had any interactions because Jon/Arya/Bran/Robb and to a lesser extent Rickon with Robb/Bran all regularly interacted with each other. Sansa only seemed to interact with Arya. I thought about if there was anything in the books going into their relationship with each other, but couldn't remember.

she has her moms same view towards jon. she even tells arya at one point "he's just a b*stard" or something like that. sometimes i feel like jon and sansa might end up married since they are just cousins since sansa never looked at jon as a brother. sansa gonna be making power moves too so she might be the most powerful female besides danarys when its all said and done. we dont see the power of the vale since they arent in the war but they seem to be a pretty powerful kingdom.

i just thought of something. since tyrion might end up coming back and being lord of the vale if his plan works out, what are the chances of him and sansa's marriage being kept together and them uniting the vale and casterly rock along with the riverlands and the north? :ohhh: that would be crazy and plausible since tyrion isnt a bad guy, he's cool with jon, he treated sansa well enough, and the lord of the riverlands, edmure, will be a captive at casterly rock if/when tyrion comes back.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
i feel like arya is gonna end up pulling a disappearing act like Jaquen at some point and we're not gonna know who she is, then she'll end up getting killed without people knowing who she was :to:
200x200px-ZC-a6485b5e_Will-Smith-Yelling-No-I-Am-Legend.gif

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
after seeing the "night king".. my hope has been restored in seeing Coldhands. people assume he wont be there because no actor was announced for him, but nobody was announces for the (supposed) Night King either

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I don't even care how the story ends really, I just really enjoy the ride towards whatever the ending is:ehh: as long as my girl Arya lives I don't care who sits the throne
but you gotta look at her character tho, she has no intention of staying with the FM organization, she's just using them so she can learn how to kill the people on her list

her only goal is revenge, i dont see anything that could be done with her character after she gets that revenge tho, atleast with Bran we already know he's prolly gon end up stuck to that tree, forever the Dumbledore of westeros, Jon is gonna be a King of something somewhere, sansa will most likely be in some sort of political role too,most likely similar to Olenna, rickon is yet to be determined :patrice:

but arya tho :ohhh: after she kills those people she literally has NO end game, no resort to ride of into the sunset to, no motivation for anything really :wow: i mean even if she WANTED to return to the FM i dont think they'd take her back after she just stole off with their hidden ninjutsu's and face techs

considering all of that i can't imagine GRRM letting her live long after the last person on that list dies :to: we've seen this in stories before, the people on the revenge path always die either right before or right after they get done :sadbron:

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
I agree but I just hope she lives untill the end:to: she's my favorite POV and the main reason why I ride for StarkSet in the other thread. I'm not even sure she will get her revenge really, these books have proven to do the opposite of what I've come to expect from these kind of stories. She might end up dead before getting the vengeance she wants:sadbron: or she might turn out to do something different entirely, either because she leaves or get's too involved with the FM.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
From reading his interviews, he just doesn't seem like he is mentally stable, meaning that he puts shyt in the books regardless of how he feels about it. That would be fine if he was trying to stay canon to an existing story or history, but it's his story. It's like he doesn't want to reward himself by putting something in the book that might "feel good" to him because it would be a perceived "cop out". Love the books, and the writing, and I am not too emotionally attached to any characters (staunch Stannis supporter, but like all Stannis supporters, there is no emotion, we believe in his moral compass and admire his dutiful ways) so if it good for the story progression, im all for it, but it seems like writing these deaths and killing off his favorite characters takes a toll on GRRM, and he may be going too far in trying to keep the story "morally realistic"

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
i personally can't wait for Sam to reunite with his pops

That chapter will be nothing but pure fukkery and jokes :wow:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
i personally can't wait for Sam to reunite with his pops

That chapter will be nothing but pure fukkery and jokes :wow:

Yall think Randyll Tarly really would have killed Sam if he didn't leave? Maybe he knew Sam would be too p*ssy to call his bluff. Dude seems to be as serious about justice as Stannis is.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yall think Randyll Tarly really would have killed Sam if he didn't leave? Maybe he knew Sam would be too p*ssy to call his buff. Dude seems to be as serious about justice as Stannis is.
Wouldn't have killed him but would have continuously put him in positions where his life was in danger. Kind of like Tyrion leading the vanguard with the hill tribes, only way worse

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a feeling that Tyrion and Arya are gonna have tragic endings when it's all said and done. Tyrion is almost uninvincible because it seems he can manoeuvre himself out of any situation but I feel at some point it will all catch up with him and his arc will finish with a bang. The young gooness' body count is well into double digits and she ain't even a teenager yet. Arya's my favourite with character with Tyrion but she has a slightly demonic way of thinking in that her first thought to resolving any situation she has is to kill a nikka, lol- she's just a natural born killer. I think that will catch up with her at some point as well :sadcam:

On another note, I think my issue with AFFC was too much Brienne and Sam as said but also not enough Arya- it kind of felt that GRRM rushed through her storyline in that book- I think she only had like two chapters. I would've rather she wasn't in AFFC and then give her more chapters in ADWD. I'm also not feeling Tyrion's storyline at the moment either, shyt feels weak. Tyrion is at his best in King's Landing playing political chess with Varys and Littlefinger and shytting on fukk nikkas like Cersei and Pycelle
I actually like Brienne's chapters in AFFC. Sam and the Ironborn chapters were the reason it took me forever to finish that book.

My problem with Tyrion in ADWD is that it seems like George just ran out of clever shyt for him to say. Every other sentence from was some half ass joke about how he killed his father, like shyt nikka I get it :beli:

His chapters got better once he ran into Jorah tho