A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
who's to say Jon even needs to use that shyt after he comes back tho :patrice: it would be incredibly corny imo if GRRM had ALL of them using the warg techs, i thought that was why he had each of them off learning different shyt, bran learning the wizardry, arya learning the assassination shyt, Sansa getting hip to the game of thrones, rickon doing god knows what, and Jon becoming a leader like ned

i refuse to believe martin is that corny to have all of them just come back warging into shyt :yeshrug:

Bran is also a greenseerer tho, so even if Jon and Arya's warg abilities are introduced into the show Bran is still unique in his abilities of magic/sorcery ... i feel you tho

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:patrice: I'm still currently reading Book 1, but do y'all know if the Lady Stoneheart character will be used on the current season of the show? I haven't heard anything about Michelle Fairley (The actress that plays Catelyn Stark) being involved this season.

:yeshrug: I found out about the character when I was reading the Book 3 detailed summary on Wikipedia when I first got done watching the first 3 seasons back in December. Fortunately, that was the only thing spoiled for me before I saw 1 of y'all mention in the official thread that Season 3 only covered the 1st half of Book 3.

:ohhh: Speaking of which, I never thought of it until today, but is Catelyn being resurrected as Lady Stoneheart supposed to be 1 of the "Oh shyt" moments in the 2nd half of Book 3 that y'all been teasing is gonna happen this season?

Y'all nikkas can PM me your replies. I also seen a dude on Youtube hint/tease that Lady Stoneheart will have her revenge or some shyt, don't mention or spoil that shyt for me in your PM.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:patrice: I'm still currently reading Book 1, but do y'all know if the Lady Stoneheart character will be used on the current season of the show? I haven't heard anything about Michelle Fairley (The actress that plays Catelyn Stark) being involved this season.

:yeshrug: I found out about the character when I was reading the Book 3 detailed summary on Wikipedia when I first got done watching the first 3 seasons back in December. Fortunately, that was the only thing spoiled for me before I saw 1 of y'all mention in the official thread that Season 3 only covered the 1st half of Book 3.

:ohhh: Speaking of which, I never thought of it until today, but is Catelyn being resurrected as Lady Stoneheart supposed to be 1 of the "Oh shyt" moments in the 2nd half of Book 3 that y'all been teasing is gonna happen this season?

Y'all nikkas can PM me your replies. I also seen a dude on Youtube hint/tease that Lady Stoneheart will have her revenge or some shyt, don't mention or spoil that shyt for me in your PM.
nikka we only know as much as you do :what: it's in the books, whether the show will do the same exact thing step by step is yet to be seen

i really dont understand where you be comin from, you wached the shows, spoiled the shyt for yourself online, now you're reading it, just straight up backwards :mindblown:

and now you're asking us about shyt the tv show is going to do like we have some secret behind the scenes access when it's obvious the show be comin wit curveballs

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
nikka we only know as much as you do :what: it's in the books, whether the show will do the same exact thing step by step is yet to be seen

i really dont understand where you be comin from, you wached the shows, spoiled the shyt for yourself online, now you're reading it, just straight up backwards :mindblown:

and now you're asking us about shyt the tv show is going to do like we have some secret behind the scenes access when it's obvious the show be comin wit curveballs

:pachaha: I did the same shyt. I watched season 1, then I read character profiles and spoiled Robb, Arya and jons storyline for myself and then read the books

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Thats kind of a silly question man, obviously that is one of the oh shyt moments.

Incidentally, it is one of my least favorite moments of the series at first, until eventually it is revealed later how she is still alive then I'm not quite as down on it. But I still think she should have stayed dead.

As far as all these Oh shyt moments go though, I thought they were gonna spread them around throughout the whole season but it looks like they may be getting saved all until the last episode the way things are going. There are probably 6 to 8 final-scene-worthy moments or scenes upcoming, and only 1 of them is for sure happening before the finale.

EDIT: Careful in this thread breh, don't get Season 4 spoiled for you its not worth it

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I'm still currently reading Book 1, but do y'all know if the Lady Stoneheart character will be used on the current season of the show?
:dwillhuh:

I found out about the character when I was reading the Book 3 detailed summary on Wikipedia when I first got done watching the first 3 seasons back in December.

:snoop:

Lady Stoneheart supposed to be 1 of the "Oh shyt" moments in the 2nd half of Book 3 that y'all been teasing is gonna happen this season?
:youngsabo:

I don't know why, but the last part got me :deadmanny:

:camby:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
The Starks are going to end up bitter/jaded/coldhearted by the end of the books. When everything is over, they'll want to return to The North, and as far as they'll be concerned, The Iron Throne could be set on fire along with all the families who bicker over it. If Jon ends up being King, that will be bittersweet for him, because he surely will hate everything The Iron Throne represents. Arya will be a hardened killer. Sansa will be a ruthless strategist. When Rickon comes out of Skagos, he'll be half a savage. Bran will probably be the only one with a "pure heart". I get the feeling like when its all done, it will be a long LONG time before anyone from The North comes back down to King's Landing.
Even though GRRM is a fantasy fiction writer, through his interviews, he has made it pretty clear that he would never write somebody into his books that is obviously completely fiction. He just doesn't believe in people with "pure hearts", he realizes that that is some romantic theory that he does not subscribe to. No heroes and no villains, only people.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Even though GRRM is a fantasy fiction writer, through his interviews, he has made it pretty clear that he would never write somebody into his books that is obviously completely fiction. He just doesn't believe in people with "pure hearts", he realizes that that is some romantic theory that he does not subscribe to. No heroes and no villains, only people.
No villains? Can u name any positive qualities of ramsey or the mountain?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
No villains? Can u name any positive qualities of ramsey or the mountain?
but rapists and torturers exist in reality, albeit for fukked up reasons :manny:

you're not gonna find anyone living out the "pure hero" archetype in real life tho, that's what he's saying

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I don't know why, but the last part got me :deadmanny:

:camby:
he basically wants enough information that he can be "in the know" in the show thread :stopitslime: you know the type, always coming up with theories that are never wrong :rudy:
So, what is the consensus? Jojen paste or no? I thought that was a crackpot tin foil thing, but now i'm unsure
imo it makes perfect sense :manny: jojen forsees him being turnt into paste to help bran so he can power up and possibly save all of westeros, depression hits him and he gets OD sick, he tells meera and that's why she started getting depressed too, they never tell bran of course cuz if he knew he'd never do it, and it goes along with people having to die in order for certain types of "magic" to get stronger, he's a tragic figure

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
yall nikkas lack self control :heh:

After season 1 Iwas hooked and somebody put a link to jon snows profile on fb and couldn't stop reading lol so i was hooked. I stopped after I read Arya was blind that shyt got me tight. I thought it was permanent lol

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
After season 1 Iwas hooked and somebody put a link to jon snows profile on fb and couldn't stop reading lol so i was hooked. I stopped after I read Arya was blind that shyt got me tight. I thought it was permanent lol
when i read that shyt in the books it felt like i went blind too :sadcam: but her learning from the KG and the waif was one of my favorite parts

and @satam55 how about you google your dumbass questions first instead of neggin me for saying it was a stupid question :umad: you got access to the same shyt we do genius

Last edited: