A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i watched season one, then read all the wikis and read spoiler threads :manny:

Im an impatient ass nikka I hate waiting to see the progression of stories. First profile I read was jons and it finished with him being Lordccommander so I was like ok. Then I read robbs and read aboutthe red wedding and iI wanted to cry :sadcam: and then I read Arya and when I saw that she was blind I was like :damn: so I stopped cause I knew I was spoiling Piff for myself. My brother copped the books on the Kindle app and it was a wrap I read all of them right before book 5 came out. Then I read book 5 in like a week and then started over again and then again :heh:

I'm trying to get into that malazan shyt but it's gonna be hard with all this game of thrones on the mind.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I got a major spoiler. Going to put it in a spoiler tag not to be an a$$hole. You've been warned.

wing-spoiler.jpg

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Thats kind of a silly question man, obviously that is one of the oh shyt moments.

Incidentally, it is one of my least favorite moments of the series at first, until eventually it is revealed later how she is still alive then I'm not quite as down on it. But I still think she should have stayed dead.

As far as all these Oh shyt moments go though, I thought they were gonna spread them around throughout the whole season but it looks like they may be getting saved all until the last episode the way things are going. There are probably 6 to 8 final-scene-worthy moments or scenes upcoming, and only 1 of them is for sure happening before the finale.

EDIT: Careful in this thread breh, don't get Season 4 spoiled for you its not worth it

That's what Im saying too, all the fukking people that GRRM could have brought back, its her. She was a self righteous c*nt, now she is a self righteous c*nt with some broken ass brotherhood folk with her, half of them don't fukk with her, half of them just want to kill people without any true allegiance. She poisoned everybody she could on Jon Snow (not particularly a Jon fan, but it ain't his fault he was a baby) and if she was brought bak partly to redeem herself for that (which I doubt because that would be a long drawn out story and there is not enough time to tell it and tie the circumstances together in the remaining two books). GRRM could have written Howland as the person to gather a group to avenge the Red Wedding, maybe the Mountain Clans with Stannis, The Great Jon could have been written as an escape from the Wedding, the Black fish, but the c*nt? I don't know, I have trust in George, but I can still bytch for days about the shyt. I hope he convinces me.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
u personally think it's going to end up being fragmented again, there'll be no iron throne ruling over multiple spots at once because one seat having that much power is the reason this war is going on in the first place :yeshrug: the others about to punch all these nikkas in the chest and remind em that in the bigger picture that iron throne dont matter at all

I could see the iron throne being destroyed and everyone ruling their own realms but, then again, that would eventually throw the continent back into war. Kings of the seven kingdoms stayed fighting with each other over land and resources. The Iron Born would be free to terrorize whoever they want. And trust, they would :denzellaugh:The Riverlands would be getting buttfukked by the Lannisters, the Baratheons, the Reach and the Ironborn. Basically everybody because they're weak and share borders with everyone. The Martells would kill The Tyrells and vice versa. Without the financial support of the IT, The North would have to carry The Wall by themselves, and I could see their defenses against the wildings becoming weakened. Having one centralized kingdom seems to be the lesser of two evils.

Jards

All Star
Daps
After season 1 Iwas hooked and somebody put a link to jon snows profile on fb and couldn't stop reading lol so i was hooked. I stopped after I read Arya was blind that shyt got me tight. I thought it was permanent lol

When I read that in AFFC, I was mad as fukk. I was gonna give up on the books there and then on some fukk George Martin shyt- I even checked the chapters in ADWD to make sure the young gooness was still in this shyt otherwise I probably wouldn't have finished, lol. I love the fact that anyone can get it in the books but don't fukk with Arya or Tyrion my nikka

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
When I read that in AFFC, I was mad as fukk. I was gonna give up on the books there and then on some fukk George Martin shyt- I even checked the chapters in ADWD to make sure the young gooness was still in this shyt otherwise I probably wouldn't have finished, lol. I love the fact that anyone can get it in the books but don't fukk with Arya or Tyrion my nikka
i aint gon lie i was shook when i thought tyrion was finna get greyscale :sadcam:

Jon Con did that so hopefully tyrion aint have to go through that :whew:

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
That's what Im saying too, all the fukking people that GRRM could have brought back, its her. She was a self righteous c*nt, now she is a self righteous c*nt with some broken ass brotherhood folk with her, half of them don't fukk with her, half of them just want to kill people without any true allegiance. She poisoned everybody she could on Jon Snow (not particularly a Jon fan, but it ain't his fault he was a baby) and if she was brought bak partly to redeem herself for that (which I doubt because that would be a long drawn out story and there is not enough time to tell it and tie the circumstances together in the remaining two books). GRRM could have written Howland as the person to gather a group to avenge the Red Wedding, maybe the Mountain Clans with Stannis, The Great Jon could have been written as an escape from the Wedding, the Black fish, but the c*nt? I don't know, I have trust in George, but I can still bytch for days about the shyt. I hope he convinces me.

I feel you on your thoughts about Cat. I would say part of her being a self righteous c*nt was that its now a nice and stark(pun!) contrast to her being a coldhearted monster with no morals, no intent on doing "the right thing", just intent on revenge and murder. Anyway, I'll just be happy if Jon gets to lop her head off at some point.

Jards

All Star
Daps
i aint gon lie i was shook when i thought tyrion was finna get greyscale :sadcam:

Jon Con did that so hopefully tyrion aint have to go through that :whew:
I have a feeling that Tyrion and Arya are gonna have tragic endings when it's all said and done. Tyrion is almost uninvincible because it seems he can manoeuvre himself out of any situation but I feel at some point it will all catch up with him and his arc will finish with a bang. The young gooness' body count is well into double digits and she ain't even a teenager yet. Arya's my favourite with character with Tyrion but she has a slightly demonic way of thinking in that her first thought to resolving any situation she has is to kill a nikka, lol- she's just a natural born killer. I think that will catch up with her at some point as well :sadcam:

On another note, I think my issue with AFFC was too much Brienne and Sam as said but also not enough Arya- it kind of felt that GRRM rushed through her storyline in that book- I think she only had like two chapters. I would've rather she wasn't in AFFC and then give her more chapters in ADWD. I'm also not feeling Tyrion's storyline at the moment either, shyt feels weak. Tyrion is at his best in King's Landing playing political chess with Varys and Littlefinger and shytting on fukk nikkas like Cersei and Pycelle

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I could see the iron throne being destroyed and everyone ruling their own realms but, then again, that would eventually throw the continent back into war. Kings of the seven kingdoms stayed fighting with each other over land and resources. The Iron Born would be free to terrorize whoever they want. And trust, they would :denzellaugh:The Riverlands would be getting buttfukked by the Lannisters, the Baratheons, the Reach and the Ironborn. Basically everybody because they're weak and share borders with everyone. The Martells would kill The Tyrells and vice versa. Without the financial support of the IT, The North would have to carry The Wall by themselves, and I could see their defenses against the wildings becoming weakened. Having one centralized kingdom seems to be the lesser of two evils.
what lannisters :usure: tywin was the brains behind that entire operation, i feel like all the crazy ass adults are gonna get murked off and most of the young nikkas aren't about taking over westeros like that outside of dany

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I have a feeling that Tyrion and Arya are gonna have tragic endings when it's all said and done. Tyrion is almost uninvincible because it seems he can manoeuvre himself out of any situation but I feel at some point it will all catch up with him and his arc will finish with a bang. The young gooness' body count is well into double digits and she ain't even a teenager yet. Arya's my favourite with character with Tyrion but she has a slightly demonic way of thinking in that her first thought to resolving any situation she has is to kill a nikka, lol- she's just a natural born killer. I think that will catch up with her at some point as well :sadcam:

On another note, I think my issue with AFFC was too much Brienne and Sam as said but also not enough Arya- it kind of felt that GRRM rushed through her storyline in that book- I think she only had like two chapters. I would've rather she wasn't in AFFC and then give her more chapters in ADWD. I'm also not feeling Tyrion's storyline at the moment either, shyt feels weak. Tyrion is at his best in King's Landing playing political chess with Varys and Littlefinger and shytting on fukk nikkas like Cersei and Pycelle
i feel like arya is gonna end up pulling a disappearing act like Jaquen at some point and we're not gonna know who she is, then she'll end up getting killed without people knowing who she was :to:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I was watching season 1 with my friend who has never seen the show or read the books, and she asked me why Sansa and Jon Snow never had any interactions because Jon/Arya/Bran/Robb and to a lesser extent Rickon with Robb/Bran all regularly interacted with each other. Sansa only seemed to interact with Arya. I thought about if there was anything in the books going into their relationship with each other, but couldn't remember ever seeing Jon or Sansa talk to each other or even halfheartedly reminisce about each other.