A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That Darth Maul looking WW :lupe:

I like the two diversions they took this week. Martin hasn't even fed us with this much WW insight and in the last 5 minutes of the show we see a demonic tribunal.

Jon taking back Crasters and meeting back up with Bran is cool. Without some main character interaction up North things can get isolated and boring.
i think they're gonna do something to get Bran out of there before Jon arrives, i can't see Jon just letting this nikka go after finding him.

also it would lead to him knowing where rickon is and idk it seems like it'd be alot of small stuff to change around

but since coldhands isn't gonna be in the show then Jon might assign someone to protect Bran while he goes wherever :ohhh:

as far as the new White Walker development, they only gave just enough information to get the fanboys frothing at the mouth and coming up with theories, dont really care too much until they give us some legit answers

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
tumblr_n4sms0nmUY1r9h4heo1_500.jpg

that nikka looks demonic as hell :merchant:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
i agree about westeros.org. I used to be heavy on that forum last season. Realized theyre a bunch of whiney, crybaby fans who wont be satisfied unless every single story and character is exactly the same as the book. I saw people actually declare that they would stop watching after the white walker shyt.

I on the other hand, loved the final 5 mins. They have to remind everyone thats theres a real threat out there and the fight for the throne is petty and worthless in the grand scheme of things.

I'm on the fence about whats going on with Bran and Jon, but I understand why they're doing it. Brans storyline is so far along that they had to find a way to slow it down. Otherwise we're just gonna be watching him wander the wilderness trying to survive. I don't see how it changes anything major in the story except for maybe Jon knowing that Brans alive. But i welcome that change. I always kinda hated Sam for not telling Jon. The biggest thing that bothers me in the books is how far the starks are from each other, and I almost feel like that have to meet at some point. But watch Martin keep teasing us just to tear our hearts out in the end.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
i agree about westeros.org. I used to be heavy on that forum last season. Realized theyre a bunch of whiney, crybaby fans who wont be satisfied unless every single story and character is exactly the same as the book. I saw people actually declare that they would stop watching after the white walker shyt.

I on the other hand, loved the final 5 mins. They have to remind everyone thats theres a real threat out there and the fight for the throne is petty and worthless in the grand scheme of things.

I'm on the fence about whats going on with Bran and Jon, but I understand why they're doing it. Brans storyline is so far along that they had to find a way to slow it down. Otherwise we're just gonna be watching him wander the wilderness trying to survive. I don't see how it changes anything major in the story except for maybe Jon knowing that Brans alive. But i welcome that change. I always kinda hated Sam for not telling Jon. The biggest thing that bothers me in the books is how far the starks are from each other, and I almost feel like that have to meet at some point. But watch Martin keep teasing us just to tear our hearts out in the end.

That is why I hope that R+L=J is not true just to see that board explode.

also there servers are :hamster:
every time the show is on that shyt crashes.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Yep, those theory crushers are nice too. Like when Talisa got stabbed up right in the womb.

Felt like GRRM was saying "Jeyne Westerling pregnant? Not if I can help it."

:dead:

:beli: We knew she wasn't pregnant because her mother kept giving her moon tea or something to prevent that, and we find out who killed Joff in the first or second Sansa chapter after the wedding.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
A Dany Heel Turn would amazing. Her suddenly finding out that Aegon is alive (and ahead of her in line for the throne)+the frosty reception she's gonna get from the people of Westeros might be enough to push her over the edge.

and we all know that Targs are prone to madness.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
shut up breh :sadcam: my little grandfather will live

sidenote: :salute: for not bowing down to those nikkas who kept crying about a review
Fam, I had this really eerie feeling when the three kids got under that tree:patrice:Jojen got more and more depressed the closer they got there:patrice:Jojen stops getting mentioned after a while:patrice:That weirwood paste:patrice: Bran said it tasted like blood:patrice:I don't know, breh:patrice:

Who says I might not drop three reviews in one day like Gucci does mixtapes?
nnht.png
I got the outlines for all three sitting right here, I'm just lazy
nnht.png

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Fam, I had this really eerie feeling when the three kids got under that tree:patrice:Jojen got more and more depressed the closer they got there:patrice:Jojen stops getting mentioned after a while:patrice:That weirwood paste:patrice: Bran said it tasted like blood:patrice:I don't know, breh:patrice:

Who says I might not drop three reviews in one day like Gucci does mixtapes?
nnht.png
I got the outlines for all three sitting right here, I'm just lazy
nnht.png
if that theory about jojen being turned into paste and fed to Bran is true.......:wow: brandalf my nikka and all but if anything happens to meera he gotta die :pacspit:

:wow: those nikkas dont deserve you obarth

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
if that theory about jojen being turned into paste and fed to Bran is true.......:wow: brandalf my nikka and all but if anything happens to meera he gotta die :pacspit:

:wow: those nikkas dont deserve you obarth
I don't necessarily want it to be true, but that would be some raw shyt to put in a series full of raw shyt:wow: On my first reading I thought I might be crazy to be having this eerie feeling about the whole situation, but seeing how popular(both for and against) a theory it apparently is...:to:

(Spoilers All) Jojen Paste revisited. Why it might not be so silly. : asoiaf
Jojen Reed's fate? (ADWD Spoilers) - A Dance with Dragons - A Forum of Ice and Fire
It's NOT Jojen paste - General (ASoIaF) - A Forum of Ice and Fire
Does Jojen want to be paste? - General (ASoIaF) - A Forum of Ice and Fire :pachaha: