A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Decided to go on Westeros.org for the first time and see how they are dealing with the spoiler and WOW, there are some loons on that site. Ive seen numerous posters on there crying that they are legitimately afraid the entire story is going to be changed and the show will become a different story than the books. Every other post is someone complaining about a certain line from the book is missing and its ruining the entire story. Really.

I can't stand those fukkers.

I think on average there is a split in the readers. The further back from the start of the show you began reading the books, the more bitter you are about everything.

There are things the books are better at and there are things the show does better. Appreciate both.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
so if jon knows bran is alive how does that effect him being offered winterfell by stannis? assuming he knows that bran is alive, he knows that theon didn't kill the boys, stannis might not have to execute theon etc. all kinds of ripple effects.

Not really a big change in my opinion, we don't get to see inner monologue so his decision wouldn't be very dramatic for the show anyway. Perhaps he turns down the Winterfell offer because he knows it belongs to Bran, rather than turn it down out of loyalty to the Nights Watch.

Thats the type of irrelevant change that I'm talking about in my post above. Not a big deal, and in the meantime it makes way for an amazing upcoming TV moment when Bran actually gets to say GOODBYE to one of his family members before leaving them forever. That is a moment we will not get in the books.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yo.......I just read an offhand comment on Reddit, not a full fledged theory, but its got me wondering.....

What if Barristan the Bold eventually becomes Queenslayer and stabs Dany in the back?

We know Barristans ties to Jaime

We know Barristan disliked the Mad King

We know Barristan didn't reveal himself until he was sure Dany wasn't like the Mad King

We know Dany is starting to show symptons of the Mad King, especially her cliffhanger at the end of ADWD where she appears ready to completely wreck shop with Fire and Blood

This would be a dream scenario for me honestly. Now, Dany may not ever end up commiting Mad King style atrocities so it may all be a moot point, but if she does, I think it would be perfectly poetic for Barristan to stick his sword in her back

:ohhh:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Reading some crazy theories....

Some are claiming that GRRM might have planned out one big giant deconstruction (More of a deconstruction of fantasy than the elements he's already had)...and that the Starks (Or at least, there bloodlines) may actually end up being forces of evil some how.

Kings of Winter....:merchant:

links :lupe:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Thats the type of irrelevant change that I'm talking about in my post above. Not a big deal, and in the meantime it makes way for an amazing upcoming TV moment when Bran actually gets to say GOODBYE to one of his family members before leaving them forever. That is a moment we will not get in the books.

I welcome that, especially since it looks like Bran will be taking Bloodraven's place. That's just sad as fukk. :to: I was hoping dude could fix his legs .

Yo.......I just read an offhand comment on Reddit, not a full fledged theory, but its got me wondering.....

What if Barristan the Bold eventually becomes Queenslayer and stabs Dany in the back?

We know Barristan didn't reveal himself until he was sure Dany wasn't like the Mad King

We know Dany is starting to show symptons of the Mad King, especially her cliffhanger at the end of ADWD where she appears ready to completely wreck shop with Fire and Blood

This would be a dream scenario for me honestly. Now, Dany may not ever end up commiting Mad King style atrocities so it may all be a moot point, but if she does, I think it would be perfectly poetic for Barristan to stick his sword in her back

I don't really like her now anyway but I've always said that if Dany came to Westeros and hurts a Stark, I'd :pacspit: at her entire campaign and everyone that rides with her. Even Selmy if he doesn't give her the full story...

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I welcome that, especially since it looks like Bran will be taking Bloodraven's place. That's just sad as fukk. :to: I was hoping dude could fix his legs .
something is telling me Bran is gonna have someone(not named Hodor :beli:) who'll be cool with him warging into their body from time to time :patrie:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
something is telling me Bran is gonna have someone(not named Hodor :beli:) who'll be cool with him warging into their body from time to time :patrie:

Maybe he's gonna body jack Jojen. Dude went into a depression thinking he's about to die soon. In the show it looks like Jojen gets seizures. Seizures can put you into a persistent vegetative state or deep coma. Git won't need his body then, let Bran have it... :to:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Maybe he's gonna body jack Jojen. Dude went into a depression thinking he's about to die soon. In the show it looks like Jojen gets seizures. Seizures can put you into a persistent vegetative state or deep coma. Git won't need his body then, let Bran have it... :to:
those effects wouldn't disappear with bran taking his body tho, that's like saying if someone wargs into bran's body they'd be able to walk

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
those effects wouldn't disappear with bran taking his body tho, that's like saying if someone wargs into bran's body they'd be able to walk

rr.gif

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
HOLY shyt THIS WHOLE EP
tumblr_n32bcaOUqK1ra2llso1_500.gif

So now we as book readers finally have confirmation on who killed Joffery. One thing I like about the show is that it answers tons of questions that book readers have. And I also like how they are making things fresh for book readers such as Jon snow knowing that Bran is beyond the wall. I hope they have reunion and Bran is not taken by cold hands or something. Dany story is interesting but it gets kind of boring during this point and since she killled all the nobles does that mean she will no longer marry that dude again?

And now we know how the white walkers reproduce.

no wonder they wanted Crasters kid that was prob there brother they were fighting for.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

A Dany Heel Turn would amazing. Her suddenly finding out that Aegon is alive (and ahead of her in line for the throne)+the frosty reception she's gonna get from the people of Westeros might be enough to push her over the edge.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps

I don't really like her now anyway but I've always said that if Dany came to Westeros and hurts a Stark, I'd :pacspit: at her entire campaign and everyone that rides with her. Even Selmy if he doesn't give her the full story...
Selmy tried giving her the full story :manny: bytch wont listen.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
A Dany Heel Turn would amazing. Her suddenly finding out that Aegon is alive (and ahead of her in line for the throne)+the frosty reception she's gonna get from the people of Westeros might be enough to push her over the edge.
she's prolly the only "good guy" who im COMPLETELY indifferent to dying :ld:shyt isn't a repulsive character like Joff/Cersei but at the same time she isn't likeable like arya/jon/tyrion

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
HOLY shyt THIS WHOLE EP
tumblr_n32bcaOUqK1ra2llso1_500.gif

So now we as book readers finally have confirmation on who killed Joffery. One thing I like about the show is that it answers tons of questions that book readers have. And I also like how they are making things fresh for book readers such as Jon snow knowing that Bran is beyond the wall. I hope they have reunion and Bran is not taken by cold hands or something. Dany story is interesting but it gets kind of boring during this point and since she killled all the nobles does that mean she will no longer marry that dude again?

And now we know how the white walkers reproduce.

no wonder they wanted Crasters kid that was prob there brother they were fighting for.

Yep, those theory crushers are nice too. Like when Talisa got stabbed up right in the womb.

Felt like GRRM was saying "Jeyne Westerling pregnant? Not if I can help it."

:dead:

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
I was so shocked last night during the last 20 minutes of GoT. Bran, Hodor, Jojen and Meera getting abducted by the Mutineers at Craster's Keep was a total mind fukk. Not sure how I feel abouit it yet. However, seeing a glimpse into The Others way of life was pretty awesome. I guess we'll have to wait until the new books come out to find out if that is in fact what they are stealing the babies for or if it's just a fabrication of the show. Either way, I'm intrigued.