A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The nights king was definitely a Stark. In that history of westeros snippet about the Nights Watch and Nights King narrated by ygritte, she says that he ruled for 13 years before his brother, the King in the North and The king beyond the wall joined forces to stop him. So homeboy is definitely a stark :wow:
I reread Old Nans words too and Old Nan says he was definitely a Stark

This shyt is crazy

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
We aint gonna see those dudes again though for a long time. Probably another 2 seasons if at all

That was probably a good chunk of the budget right there.

I wonder how they're going to manage portraying a full scale war with the Whitewalkers.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
That was probably a good chunk of the budget right there.

I wonder how they're going to manage portraying a full scale war with the Whitewalkers.

man i really hope that the last season HBO blesses them with some serious funds. I dont want no offscreen whitewalker vs dragons and nights watch battle. shyt is gonna fade to black and u just hear screams and then when it comes back u see jon snow with a flaming sword and a bunch of dead white walkers and humans. that would fukking suck.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
man i really hope that the last season HBO blesses them with some serious funds. I dont want to offscreen whitewalker vs dragons and nights watch battle. shyt is gonna fade to black and u just hear screams and then when it comes back u see jon snow with a flaming sword and a bunch of dead white walkers and humans. that would fukking suck.

:scusthov: That "Rome" treatment.

I'm skeptical that the show won't fall victim to it.

I'm still salty they didn't show Jaime beasting at the Whispering Wood battle when he chopped down several dudes trying to get to Robb even though the tides were turning on him.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:scusthov: That "Rome" treatment.

I'm skeptical that the show won't fall victim to it.

I'm still salty they didn't show Jaime beasting at the Whispering Wood battle when he chopped down several dudes trying to get to Robb even though the tides were turning on him.

word man i also wanted to see the fist of the first men shyt. every time they fade to black shyt gets me tight :stopitslime:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

it's not like we 'saw' that in the book though. I think in general we 'see' more on the show, because it's not limited to specific POV's, and inherent differences between literature/books and tv/film (literature tends to leave more to the reader's imagination)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
it's not like we 'saw' that in the book though. I think in general we 'see' more on the show, because it's not limited to specific POV's, and inherent differences between literature/books and tv/film (literature tends to leave more to the reader's imagination)

I know, I just wanted the show to portray how much of a badass Jaime was fighting. Anything to shut Ren up :pachaha:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Reading some crazy theories....

Some are claiming that GRRM might have planned out one big giant deconstruction (More of a deconstruction of fantasy than the elements he's already had)...and that the Starks (Or at least, there bloodlines) may actually end up being forces of evil some how.

Kings of Winter....:merchant:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Some are claiming that GRRM might have planned out one big giant deconstruction (More of a deconstruction of fantasy than the elements he's already had)...and that the Starks (Or at least, there bloodlines) may actually end up being forces of evil some how.

Do you know how devasting that would be for Starkset?

I almost hope it happens just to see the reactions

tumblr_lv2nka9SWL1qm6bo1o1_500.gif

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

topsy turvy that mafukka :ehh:

wouldn't be surprised, we've seen stuff like that before in stories were the alleged good guys end up actually turning out the be the bad guys without them even realizing it :yeshrug:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Decided to go on Westeros.org for the first time and see how they are dealing with the spoiler and WOW, there are some loons on that site. Ive seen numerous posters on there crying that they are legitimately afraid the entire story is going to be changed and the show will become a different story than the books. Every other post is someone complaining about a certain line from the book is missing and its ruining the entire story. Really.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Decided to go on Westeros.org for the first time and see how they are dealing with the spoiler and WOW, there are some loons on that site. Ive seen numerous posters on there crying that they are legitimately afraid the entire story is going to be changed and the show will become a different story than the books. Every other post is someone complaining about a certain line from the book is missing and its ruining the entire story. Really.
you would think this is the first time they've read a book that ended up getting a film adaptation :snoop:

GRRM said himself that some of the performances/looks of the actors caused him to make adjustments to their storylines in the upcoming books, so it's something they just gotta deal with :yeshrug:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so if jon knows bran is alive how does that effect him being offered winterfell by stannis? assuming he knows that bran is alive, he knows that theon didn't kill the boys, stannis might not have to execute theon etc. all kinds of ripple effects.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
It's pretty sad, I stopped visiting that site and I only visit the Reddit ASOIAF forum now

There are complainers on Reddit too, but because the posts are organized by 'top rated' a lot of the useless whining gets buried to the bottom

I mean, I understand complaining about major things like Jaime or Stannis even though I personally don't care much, but when people are complaining about eye colors, accents, skin color, and shyt like that it just becomes mind-bendingly annoying

These people have never heard of the word "adaptation" apparently. This show is an incredibly faithful adaptation to be quite honest, almost all of the changes improve the television experience.

I read GRRM's most heralded short story "Sandkings" then I went and read about how it was adapted to the TV series Outer Limits and I couldn't help at shake my head and I will never complain ever again about a fantasy adaptation for TV. Especially one that requres tens of millions of dollars budget and needs to survive for 7-8 seasons