A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Bran in TWOW and ADOS is gonna be dope, but also imagine how crazy this shyt is gonna be on the TV show the next few seasons :wow:

The visual piff that we are gonna be witness to :wow:

I don't wanna get my hopes up, but imagine if he tree-visits the Tower of Joy and sees Lyanna handing Jon over to Ned :wow:

word. Or maybe even a tree warg at the winterfell tree, and see his dad giving a confession to the gods about r+l=j

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
my point was that bran is gonna do MAJOR shyt with his warging most likely, someone suggested that the other stark kids would too, just because they have the ability to warg

i didn't agree with that because so far all the rest of them nikkas do is run and eat for the most part :yeshrug: not even realizing exactly what they're doing, so how am i wrong for thinking that Bran warging might have a bigger impact in the long run?
Because Arya already used the ability to pass her test with the Kindly Man and warging probably just saved Jon's life? You're not wrong b. But there's no right yet/ Bran absolutely could do more with warging, but Arya has already had more impact warging with a fraction of the training. She's the one that drug Stoneheart out of the lake, and how much impact has that had on the world as it stands?

Arya using warging to assist with assassinations makes her one of the most potentially unfukkwitable people in the series.

Arya was able to see through a cats eyes on the spot when she was in a pinch. That's the most impressive, seamless warging anyone has done.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I hope so, as long as the Others are tied to the Old Gods

I don't care how the series ends as long as it ends with the Weirwoods and the Children returning to prominence.

What's weird is that Melisandre and other members of her cult see the Great Other as evil yet their side requires burning people good or bad for sacrifice, while it seems like Bran and Three-Eyed Crow have benign intentions. :dwillhuh:

The Smiling Knight -- Was the "Mountain of his time" only even meaner. Was better than a young Jaime Lannister but tough to say how he would fare against a prime Jaime

Didn't want to say this in the show thread out of laziness to spoiler tag potential spoilers but I think prime Jaime could have taken the Smiling Knight. Jaime crossed swords with him at the age of 15, and also saved another Lord's life during the event. Arthur Dayne may have been impressed since he knighted Jaime after the confrontation.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Right now I feel it's almost a given that Bran will take control of a dragon at one time or another.

At one point in the books Tyrion is thinking to himself that it's weird that the Valyrian Freehold never tried to expand to Westeros. The obvious conclusion is that they somehow knew about Northmen having warging powers or the COTF and were like :whoa:

I don't think it's a coincidence that the only places we know haven't been invaded by Valyria are Westeros and Asshai, and both have a reputation for dangerous magic users.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
What's weird is that Melisandre and other members of her cult see the Great Other as evil yet their side requires burning people good or bad for sacrifice, while it seems like Bran and Three-Eyed Crow have benign intentions. :dwillhuh:

Didn't want to say this in the show thread out of laziness to spoiler tag potential spoilers but I think prime Jaime could have taken the Smiling Knight. Jaime crossed swords with him at the age of 15, and also saved another Lord's life during the event. Arthur Dayne may have been impressed since he knighted Jaime after the confrontation.
Yeah, a prime Jamie probably takes the Smiling Knight.

Aerys' Kingsguard is like the fukking dream team :wow: Dayne bodied Smiling Knight and he was the #3 on the team at the time behind Hightower and Barry.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender

Aerys' Kingsguard is like the fukking dream team :wow: Dayne bodied Smiling Knight and he was the #3 on the team at the time behind Hightower and Barry.

And Robert had bums like Boros Blount and Meryn Trant rounding out his squad. No surprise he turned to drinking and over eating with simple jack fukks like that having his back.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Arthur Dayne vs. The Smiling Knight is the one historical confrontation I would love to see in a Bran vision....even more than Robert vs. Rhaegar or the Tower of Joy. Bonus points if the brief confrontation with Jaime is included in there too.

Don't get me wrong, I want to know what happens at the Tower of Joy, but in terms of the actual fight I don't really care about it other than Howland Reed's part in it.

No way we will ever see it though :upsetfavre:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
who's to say Jon even needs to use that shyt after he comes back tho :patrice: it would be incredibly corny imo if GRRM had ALL of them using the warg techs, i thought that was why he had each of them off learning different shyt, bran learning the wizardry, arya learning the assassination shyt, Sansa getting hip to the game of thrones, rickon doing god knows what, and Jon becoming a leader like ned

i refuse to believe martin is that corny to have all of them just come back warging into shyt :yeshrug:

I don't think so either, but it might be nessecary that Jon should do a little bit of it if he is indeed on of the dragon's heads. Dany can't control her dragons, perhaps Bran will be the one to show her and Jon how.

I do agree that when you really look at it the Starks are gearing up to be an unstoppable set

Arya = super shadow assassin Jaqen'Hagar 2.0
Bran = the new 3 eyed crow, Black Mage, super sorcery
Sansa = becomes a master at the game being around LF and Vayris and Tyrion. I think its very interesting that the most innocent of all the Starks will be the one so involved in the most shady of all the dealings. Prolly gonna be the one to send Arya out to catch them Bodies...
King Jon = :manny:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
And Robert had bums like Boros Blount and Meryn Trant rounding out his squad. No surprise he turned to drinking and over eating with simple jack fukks like that having his back.

I don't think he wanted to appoint those guys, Varys says that they were pretty much Cersei's goons. Maybe she maneuvered Robert to make them KG, maybe when Robert was blitzed. :mjlol:

Robert had better taste demonstrated when he was :obama: at Selmy after killing Rhaegar and kept him as KG for his administration.

Jon Arryn talked him into keeping Jaime and bringing on Mandon Moore. Funny thing is after Roberts death the only dude that's worth the KG status is Balon Swann who was chosen by Cersei :russ:

The KG under Tommen is a straight mess. One is a fukking abomination, a food taster, one waiting trial in a dungeon cell, one killed by simpery, a crippled swordsman, one who joined to guard his sister instead and might be dead. Goddamn....

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I don't think so either, but it might be nessecary that Jon should do a little bit of it if he is indeed on of the dragon's heads. Dany can't control her dragons, perhaps Bran will be the one to show her and Jon how.

I do agree that when you really look at it the Starks are gearing up to be an unstoppable set

Arya = super shadow assassin Jaqen'Hagar 2.0
Bran = the new 3 eyed crow, Black Mage, super sorcery
Sansa = becomes a master at the game being around LF and Vayris and Tyrion. I think its very interesting that the most innocent of all the Starks will be the one so involved in the most shady of all the dealings. Prolly gonna be the one to send Arya out to catch them Bodies...
King Jon = :manny:
i really feel like GRRM is gonna knock us on our asses with a crazy Rickon development that we never thought of, nikka might turn into a werewolf or somethin

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
The KG under Tommen is a straight mess. One is a fukking abomination, a food taster, one waiting trial in a dungeon cell, one killed by simpery, a crippled swordsman, one who joined to guard his sister instead and might be dead. Goddamn....
Loras is the Len Bias of the Kingsguard in my mind, a surefire pick that fell victim to the struggle :(
SMH @ a zombie being the best the Kingsguard has to offer now :damn:

DA_LURKA

#SovereignOfSolitude
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Strictly For My Lurkas...
i really feel like GRRM is gonna knock us on our asses with a crazy Rickon development that we never thought of, nikka might turn into a werewolf or somethin
You gotta think they siad them direwolves take on their owners personality, who had the most unruly direwolf ?

Now think they sent him with a wilding and a direwolf to an island with unicorns and cannibals and shyt.

What they gone do when that boy that boy touch down with a direwolf, a unicorn, a wildling bytch, Ser Davos the onion knight, and a pack of cannibals?

:uhhhh: