A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
they never had that conversation in the show.

He made Jon his hair and legitimized in the books though. Stannis was going to do it as well but if he gets it from Robb he might change his mind and become lord of winterfell. :manny:

then again Rickkon is still around.

Yea I def remember Stannis offering it (probably because that is book 5)....but I thought Rob did it as well but Jon just didn't know. Thanks

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
The song of ice and fire app confirms that the will was written

The question now is will it still turn up

After what happened with the nights watch I have a feeling Jon will ditch them and become the lord of the wildlings then take over winterfell when the will comes up.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
After what happened with the nights watch I have a feeling Jon will ditch them and become the lord of the wildlings then take over winterfell when the will comes up.
i feel like whoever witnesses his "resurrection" will follow him, doesn't matter whether it's night's watch or wildlings

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
they never had that conversation in the show.

He made Jon his hair and legitimized in the books though. Stannis was going to do it as well but if he gets it from Robb he might change his mind and become lord of winterfell. :manny:

then again Rickkon is still around.

Jon didn't want to take it from Stannis because that would have shown him to be basically acknowledging him as king. If Robb did it (which would mean before he was dead and still TECHNICALLY lord of winterfell) it would be legit and he could defend the North. IIRC

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
It was a small group out of the nights watch not all of them...just like a small group of traitors killed mormont

i forgot what happened to the dudes that killed mormont in the books. did the nights watch go get them or is that just a show thing?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It was a small group out of the nights watch not all of them...just like a small group of traitors killed mormont

I wonder if Alliser Thorne was a part of that or at least instigated it. Dude was extremely unhappy when Jon Snow got rid of Janos and sent him on a ranging.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I wanna know what Stannis' crew is gonna do more than anything. They're looking for Azor Ahai but they're about to find out Stannis wasn't their guy.

those loyal to Lord of Light will prob side with whoever Melesdinere tells them too. Those loyal to just Stannis will prob just stick with him.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

Nights watch was pretty small to begin with. who knows how many of them were in on it though.