A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:krs:

Probably gonna show his come up in KL. Or maybe he travels with Jaime for season 5 taking Illyn Payne's role? Or maybe they combine both plot lines?

i think this is what they gonna do with bronn. i can see him traveling around with jamie while jamie fixes shyt in the riverlands. i mean when jamie leaves he has to keep training with somebody.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
could be :manny: since he looks older he can not be like Tommen in the books.

But nothing really bad happens to Tommen in the books yet. His sister though.

Yeah, nothing bad to Tommen YET...but that's what I'm saying, I think the aging up means something more because in the books there's not much acting required and an older actor couldn't possibly play the cornball role that kid has in the books. I doubt his sister loses her ear too, just gon' be a scar.

you haven't seen his dialogue YET. We don't know what heavy lifting the show will have Tommen doing. it's better to have an older kid you believe can handle the writing than just a kid whose book age appropriate. The Walking Dead got a lot of flack from critics for their bad kid acting, I dont blame GoT for trying to avoid that. Don't be shocked before the end of the series you see a new Rickon as well.

I've seen his dialogue in the books so far and it's not complicated...and some of it won't fit with the older actor (crying over kittens or what he has to eat for example). The bad acting thing is true in a lot of cases, but this isn't a really demanding role unless the tv guys have some real changes planned...or there's more to be seen in the later books. So far, he's been an after thought in the books.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i think this is what they gonna do with bronn. i can see him traveling around with jamie while jamie fixes shyt in the riverlands. i mean when jamie leaves he has to keep training with somebody.

:ohhh: That's a REALLY good idea...but would he still be able to straight run a coup to take over a house then?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:ohhh: That's a REALLY good idea...but would he still be able to straight run a coup to take over a house then?

they probably gonna cut that out if they keep bronn with jamie. it wasnt that important and it only really showed that bronn still had love for tyrion and disliked cersei

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Yeah, nothing bad to Tommen YET...but that's what I'm saying, I think the aging up means something more because in the books there's not much acting required and an older actor couldn't possibly play the cornball role that kid has in the books. I doubt his sister loses her ear too, just gon' be a scar.

I've seen his dialogue in the books so far and it's not complicated...and some of it won't fit with the older actor (crying over kittens or what he has to eat for example). The bad acting thing is true in a lot of cases, but this isn't a really demanding role unless the tv guys have some real changes planned...or there's more to be seen in the later books. So far, he's been an after thought in the books.
That's why I said show. We don't know what scenes the showrunners will add, they do that shyt all the time. their not strictly sticking to the script.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
That's why I said show. We don't know what scenes the showrunners will add, they do that shyt all the time. their not strictly sticking to the script.

word i can picture some tommen and margaery dialogue with marg putting her hooks on him. that only happens in the background in the books. they could also have the scene with loras training him at jousting.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't there a prophecy that all of Cersei's kids will die, then she'll take Ls by a younger queen and then one of her younger brothers will kill her? Like @storyteller says maybe Tommen is being set up to die. :ohhh:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
In general, brehs, they've aged up all of the actors.

Difference...again...They already showed Tommen but went back and aged him up again. That's why I'm thinking they've learned about something going forward that made them rethink the baby image they gave him to end season 1.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Difference...again...They already showed Tommen but went back and aged him up again. That's why I'm thinking they've learned about something going forward that made them rethink the baby image they gave him to end season 1.
They've known the whole story since jump, for one, and two, this isn't the first actor the show has re-cast. There was probably no need actually getting a decent child actor for the handful of seconds of screen time he was getting before. It's a serious role now, so it mattered now to get an actor who could do it. No need to cast a kid in season one they didn't plan to actually use for anything for three years.

There's just absolutely nothing to read into Tommen. If anything, it has more to do with the fact that he's getting married to a grown ass woman :heh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It's fukked up how the Umbers are non-existent now. I remember trying to find Greatjon before and at the Red Wedding, then I found out the actor dropped out. :dwillhuh:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They've known the whole story since jump, for one, and two, this isn't the first actor the show has re-cast. There was probably no need actually getting a decent child actor for the handful of seconds of screen time he was getting before. It's a serious role now, so it mattered now to get an actor who could do it. No need to cast a kid in season one they didn't plan to actually use for anything for three years.

There's just absolutely nothing to read into Tommen. If anything, it has more to do with the fact that he's getting married to a grown ass woman :heh:

The recasts haven't included aging up. The fact that they didn't cast the first kid thinking they'd use him later is one thing, the fact that they didn't pick a similar age actor (or at least APPEARING similar in age...this kid went from sitting on Cersei's lap to taller than her) is a different story to me.

I said the bold could be the reason in my first post about this.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The recasts haven't included aging up. The fact that they didn't cast the first kid thinking they'd use him later is one thing, the fact that they didn't pick a similar age actor (or at least APPEARING similar in age...this kid went from sitting on Cersei's lap to taller than her) is a different story to me.

I said the bold could be the reason in my first post about this.
idk, kinda feels like you're over thinking it

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
It's fukked up how the Umbers are non-existent now. I remember trying to find Greatjon before and at the Red Wedding, then I found out the actor dropped out. :dwillhuh:

word they mishandled the northern cast. they needed to at least keep the greatjon, add a manderly and lady mormont. now when stannis comes north and tries to rally it behind him its gonna feel a little forced whenever they do intros.