A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I started a re-read a while ago but haven't picked up the book in quite a while, didn't make it very far into it. I think having just read the series late last year, plus re-watching the first 3 seasons of the show, I'm just a bit burnt out to re-read the first 3 books again

I might just skip ahead and re-read AFFC and ADWD. I feel like I rushed my read of those two, just out of anticipation of what happens next. Didn't pick up on a lot of stuff.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
We're talking about GoT fam...overthinking is practically a requirement. Roose Bolton is an immortal.
for the books yes, but the tv adaption aint goin too crazy right now, i'd start expecting stuff like that from the show maybe towards the end of this season or the beginning of the next one

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
for the books yes, but the tv adaption aint goin too crazy right now, i'd start expecting stuff like that from the show maybe towards the end of this season or the beginning of the next one

What? The TV adaptation has GRRM helping, writing episodes once in a while and the show's heads know most of what's to come...plus it's not like predicting Tommen's dying in the next book is far fetched with Maggie's prophecy.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
What? The TV adaptation has GRRM helping, writing episodes once in a while and the show's heads know most of what's to come...plus it's not like predicting Tommen's dying in the next book is far fetched with Maggie's prophecy.
so what you're saying is they've been planning to do this with tommen since the jump? :comeon:planning recasts years ahead breh?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
so what you're saying is they've been planning to do this with tommen since the jump? :comeon:planning recasts years ahead breh?

Wtf are you talking about, I'm saying the opposite. I'm saying they cast and showed a young child in season 1 before they knew how Tommen's plot would develop and went with someone older because they realized that infantile kid getting murdered ugly wouldn't fly on the show. The drastic change is the whole reason I'm saying Tommen's plot is gonna have a serious twist.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Wtf are you talking about, I'm saying the opposite. I'm saying they cast and showed a young child in season 1 before they knew how Tommen's plot would develop and went with someone older because they realized that infantile kid getting murdered ugly wouldn't fly on the show. The drastic change is the whole reason I'm saying Tommen's plot is gonna have a serious twist.
you saying they cast him without knowing how the plot would develop is a reach breh
at most he''s gonna have more dialouge so they picked someone who could pull it off :heh:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
you saying they cast him without knowing how the plot would develop is a reach breh
at most he''s gonna have more dialouge so they picked someone who could pull it off :heh:

You thinking that they knew Tommen's entire story seems like the reach to me. A Storm of Swords been out since 2000 and they didn't realize they'd need Tommen to act at some point in the series? And then instead of finding a kid who could act or someone who would at least look young enough to pull off the Tommen dialogue from the books...they just said "nah, we'll give him more dialogue AND make him older...let's just pretend season one never showed the child." :ufdup:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
You thinking that they knew Tommen's entire story seems like the reach to me. A Storm of Swords been out since 2000 and they didn't realize they'd need Tommen to act at some point in the series? And then instead of finding a kid who could act or someone who would at least look young enough to pull off the Tommen dialogue from the books...they just said "nah, we'll give him more dialogue AND make him older...let's just pretend season one never showed the child." :ufdup:
you just said in a earlier post that they had GRRM helping, you dont think he would've said something if he thought they fukked up the casting? you dont think he had a big hand in the casting process?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
you just said in a earlier post that they had GRRM helping, you dont think he would've said something if he thought they fukked up the casting? you dont think he had a big hand in the casting process?

You really think GRRM envisioned Tyrion or Daario the way they look in the show? Or maybe HBO and it's runners took some liberties with casting to make it a more marketable show? I'd bet he had more a hand in giving them a general direction for minor characters and the full vision for the important ones (aka the ones who have POV chapters). Which would explain why they cast and portrayed Tommen as a book-worthy baby in season one but switched it up to a much older version in the latest ep...they found out something that made them want to give him a new look. The Tommen dialogue ain't complicated and doesn't require great acting.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
nikkas are really angry over Tommen...really? :what:

Tommen....:mindblown:

Daario, ok

but muthafukking Tommen...let it go.

I would lay down my life for the King of Kittens.

200px-SirHeartsalot_Tommen_kittens.jpg

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Can somebody confirm for me if Robb make Jon the heir of the North? I thought i remember reading that he did, but over in the show thread it was said that Cat talked him out of it.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Can somebody confirm for me if Robb make Jon the heir of the North? I thought i remember reading that he did, but over in the show thread it was said that Cat talked him out of it.

they never had that conversation in the show.

He made Jon his hair and legitimized in the books though. Stannis was going to do it as well but if he gets it from Robb he might change his mind and become lord of winterfell. :manny:

then again Rickkon is still around.