A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Strong Belwas was could have been the best Black TV character in years :smh: they could have kept that part and let a brother shine. Greyworm's my dude but still
it's crazy how they didn't put ONE charasmatic person around dany, OG daario was cool in a (damn this rico suave nikka is ruthless) type of way but this new nikka just looks awkward there, seems like he should be on the kingsguard or something

belwas was arrogant, crackin jokes, and you just KNEW he wasn't gonna catch an L, shyt was perfect for tv

ATLien

DSGB
Daps
Reppin
S.W.A.T.S
it's crazy how they didn't put ONE charasmatic person around dany, OG daario was cool in a (damn this rico suave nikka is ruthless) type of way but this new nikka just looks awkward there, seems like he should be on the kingsguard or something

belwas was arrogant, crackin jokes, and you just KNEW he wasn't gonna catch an L, shyt was perfect for tv

Seriously...I thought MAYBE they was gonna somehow introduce him this ep. But NAAAAAWWW :comeon:...How they gonna fit them locusts in now?? Belwas aint there to eat them :sas2:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So Idk if it's been discussed, but I was wondering why the show people made Tommen so much older on the show than he is in the books. Two guesses would be that the marriage consummation discussions are gonna happen which would be weird as hell or Tommen's fittin' die ugly and they couldn't have a young child go out like that.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
So Idk if it's been discussed, but I was wondering why the show people made Tommen so much older on the show than he is in the books. Two guesses would be that the marriage consummation discussions are gonna happen which would be weird as hell or Tommen's fittin' die ugly and they couldn't have a young child go out like that.

every character in the story was aged up. When the story starts jon and robb are 16. I think it has more to do with child actors and the way they film.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
none of the kids are the same ages as they were in the books

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I've read somewhere they're gonna give Bronn a bigger role in the show than in the books. Said he's too great of a character to waste :leon:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
the reality, is there's not many great child actors sans haley joel and dakota fanning. You need older adolescents to pull off the dialogue in GoT

That's what I thought when they made Missandei a grown woman. While a minor character her role is still too complex for a kid actress.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I've read somewhere they're gonna give Bronn a bigger role in the show than in the books. Said he's too great of a character to waste :leon:

:krs:

Probably gonna show his come up in KL. Or maybe he travels with Jaime for season 5 taking Illyn Payne's role? Or maybe they combine both plot lines?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
every character in the story was aged up. When the story starts jon and robb are 16. I think it has more to do with child actors and the way they film.

That's kind of my point though. They had to age up the characters because it wouldn't look right to have 16 year olds leading armies, getting murdered in cold blood and having straight up sex scenes. Tommen is a 7 year old baby, clueless, plays with kittens and ish...they didn't just age him up, they're gonna have to make character changes. I think they'd age him up for the same reasons they did with Rob who ended up getting murdered and decapitated...discomfort for the audience.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
the reality, is there's not many great child actors sans haley joel and dakota fanning. You need older adolescents to pull off the dialogue in GoT

Tommen though? How much acting do you really need to pull of that character? He doesn't have a heavy dialogue or anything else and if I'm not mistaken he was a baby in Cersei's lap at the battle of blackwater. This is also the first time I can recall that they took a character that was shown in a previous scene and aged him.

That baby in Cersei's lap is taller than her now and how much time has lapsed in the show?

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Tommen though? How much acting do you really need to pull of that character? He doesn't have a heavy dialogue or anything else and if I'm not mistaken he was a baby in Cersei's lap at the battle of blackwater. This is also the first time I can recall that they took a character that was shown in a previous scene and aged him.

That baby in Cersei's lap is taller than her now and how much time has lapsed in the show?

you haven't seen his dialogue YET. We don't know what heavy lifting the show will have Tommen doing. it's better to have an older kid you believe can handle the writing than just a kid whose book age appropriate. The Walking Dead got a lot of flack from critics for their bad kid acting, I dont blame GoT for trying to avoid that. Don't be shocked before the end of the series you see a new Rickon as well.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
That's kind of my point though. They had to age up the characters because it wouldn't look right to have 16 year olds leading armies, getting murdered in cold blood and having straight up sex scenes. Tommen is a 7 year old baby, clueless, plays with kittens and ish...they didn't just age him up, they're gonna have to make character changes. I think they'd age him up for the same reasons they did with Rob who ended up getting murdered and decapitated...discomfort for the audience.

could be :manny: since he looks older he can not be like Tommen in the books.

But nothing really bad happens to Tommen in the books yet. His sister though.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
you haven't seen his dialogue YET. We don't know what heavy lifting the show will have Tommen doing. it's better to have an older kid you believe can handle the writing than just a kid whose book age appropriate. The Walking Dead got a lot of flack from critics for their bad kid acting, I dont blame GoT for trying to avoid that. Don't be shocked before the end of the series you see a new Rickon as well.
DONT DO THIS BREH HUSH YA MOUF
da1eef07-7d8f-4219-bda0-f218711c3a3c_screamgun2.gif