A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
Maaaaan...why'd they have to kill off Red Viper...dude was one of my favorite characters...and now this...just...no words man...Viper da illest :russ:

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow I didn't pick up on that. From what I recall, I thought when the Red Viper said that he was trying to talk Tyrion into using him for his services...but Oberyn does love his poison.:ohhh:

I didn't pick up on this shyt either....but is this the case of people reading to far into some shyt?

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
:wow: Just finished ADWD
My ranking for the books:
AGOT
ASOS
ADWD
ACOK
AFFC

:rip: to my dog Lord Snow. I don't think he is dead or dies. But if he does, I think it will make the NW and the Wildlings fight it out which will leave the Wall weak for the Others invasion. Which ya'll take on Aegon? The real deal or fake Targ? I'm kinda hoping he is fake tbh. But in Dany's prophecy he is the "murmer's dragon". Is it because he is a fake dragon or because he is a murmer's (Varys) dragon? Battle of Merreen should be interesting w/ all the viewpoints (Dany, Tyrion, Barristan, and Victorian). :rip: to Quentyn, I wonder how Prince Doran will look at Dany now, since she basically called him a small dikk ass nikka and ol boy done went and got himself BBQ. And Varys da GAWD :bow:, now we know how he was finding out all this info.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
i think Aegon is a fraud but Varys' point is to unite the kingdoms, however i think his folly is in using the past regime to do it...people are over the Targaryens there are no sides in war only Past and Future.

Jon isn't dead...ima just say that. He's the only real guardian from the others threat and the only POV thats been on the wall or near it for the entire story. He's too central IMO to kill him would kill all POV of the real enemy.

Dorne is interesting though, they were mad loyal to the Dragons but will the be when they hear of what happened to Quentyn? Will they side with the pretender? or is Aegon the 2nd head of the Dragon?

the Dornish have the most power position in the kingdoms as far as the upcoming war. They are free to choose sides they STILL hold the kings sister.

NaiSim

HEAR ME ROAR!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nj
Aegon could be a Blackfyre heir as well.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I agree....Robb dying off in the book didn't really hit me too hard (like Ned's death did) since he wasn't a character with POV chapters. It will hit a lot harder on the TV show since he seems much more like a focal point there.

I think that's why they gave Robb so much airtime on the show, so it will have a huge impact on the non book reading viewers.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think that's why they gave Robb so much airtime on the show, so it will have a huge impact on the non book reading viewers.

it better...this time next year I want reviewers, women, babies, nikkas, bytches everyone CRYING when they hear the Rains of Castamere

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
it better...this time next year I want reviewers, women, babies, nikkas, bytches everyone CRYING when they hear the Rains of Castamere

I hope they don't go cheap with the violence either. Peeps were taking axes to the gut, getting their head chopped off, arrows through the mouth, and colombian neckties.

Like a goddamn slaughterhouse. I also hope they show Robb's body with Grey Wind's head in the place of his (since they cut that out in the House of Undying) and how they dumped Lady Stark's body all naked in the river like trash.

ALL the viewers gonna be like :dwillhuh: :damn: :sadbron:

I can't wait.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I hope they don't go cheap with the violence either. Peeps were taking axes to the gut, getting their head chopped off, arrows through the mouth, and colombian neckties.

Like a goddamn slaughterhouse. I also hope they show Robb's body with Grey Wind's head in the place of his (since they cut that out in the House of Undying) and how they dumped Lady Stark's body all naked in the river like trash.

ALL the viewers gonna be like :dwillhuh: :damn: :sadbron:

I can't wait.
If they cut that out I'm going to be pissed. I wanna see Catlyn get her throat sliced too.

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
Well, if anything, they won't have to do much cosmetic work to turn her into Stoneheart. She's already half-way there with that ugly mug of hers.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
If they cut that out I'm going to be pissed. I wanna see Catlyn get her throat sliced too.

the wolf head was the icing on the cake...total disrespect of the King in the North. Showed Westeros that the Lannisters, Freys and Boltons are NOT to be fukked with

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC

Robb w/ the wolf head haunted my dreams for weeks. If they fukk up the RW I am going to be royally pissed.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
the wolf head was the icing on the cake...total disrespect of the King in the North. Showed Westeros that the Lannisters, Freys and Boltons are NOT to be fukked with

Look how much good that did them though.

Freys getting got left & right from straight up murders to Frey-pies.

Boltons are about to feel the wrath of the North and Stannis for taking "Arya".

Lannisters :laff:

Meanwhile:

Sansa learning the game of thrones from one of the masters, Arya learning how to be a goon from the masters, Rickon bout to be the toughest muthafukka on the planet after surviving Skaagos, Bran on some Obi-Wan Kenobi force-ghost sh!t travelling through space and time and that's not even mentioning the prince that was promised.

Oh yes, Winds of Winter indeed :stylin:

NaiSim

HEAR ME ROAR!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nj
Look how much good that did them though.

Freys getting got left & right from straight up murders to Frey-pies.

Boltons are about to feel the wrath of the North and Stannis for taking "Arya".

Lannisters :laff:

Meanwhile:

Sansa learning the game of thrones from one of the masters, Arya learning how to be a goon from the masters, Rickon bout to be the toughest muthafukka on the planet after surviving Skaagos, Bran on some Obi-Wan Kenobi force-ghost sh!t travelling through space and time and that's not even mentioning the prince that was promised.

Oh yes, Winds of Winter indeed :stylin:

Stannis is dead breh. The b*stard got his magic sword and everything. Jon Snow dead too.