A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
i have no idea what's going on with stannis in the show breh, they're making it seem like he has ZERO men, so are they gonna use the iron bank's loan to get an army to go help Jon?

edit: actually nvm :patrice: it's gonna take a while for the banker to get there when Daavos tells him to go ahead and start tryna make alliances now and they start movin around[/B]

See here is the thing they showed a scene with Davos and Stannis sitting down in a meeting during the season previews dude looked like he was dressed like the slavemasters/Yunkai/Mereen peoples plus the fact that Stannis says they have no gold which was never brought up in the 3rd book makes me thing they taking stuff from the 5th/6th book and mixing in it.Brans storyline is all from the 5th book and Brienne is all from the 4th book so its not that hard to believe this.

I can see Stannis getting the Iron Bank connect and then heading North or the Iron Bank laughing in his face and then Stannis heading North because of Melissandrei visions.We all know he going North but how and when are the two biggest questionmarks that I look forward to seeing being answered this season.:blessed:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
What happens in Duskendale? That when Aerys gets kidnapped and Barristan has to save him? I'm still reading the 5th book (of that's even when it's mentioned) and I don't know that story very well.

I think it was in ADWD. Yeah, Selmy had to go Solid Snake to save his ass. Duskendale nigs were refusing to pay taxes to the throne House Darklyn and House Hollard. Aerys went over there to sort it out with a group of knights and one KG to prove that he was as good as Tywin when it came to putting in work.

Lord Denys Darklyn panicked and imprisoned Aerys. Tywin tried to rescue him but the Darklyn threatened to kill Aerys if he saw Tywin and his man sacking the town.

It's that event that makes him go batshyt insane but even before that his relationship with Tywin was deteriorating because of his jealousy and being thirsty for Tywin's wife.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I think it was in ADWD. Yeah, Selmy had to go Solid Snake to save his ass. Duskendale nigs were refusing to pay taxes to the throne House Darklyn and House Hollard. Aerys went over there to sort it out with a group of knights and one KG to prove that he was as good as Tywin when it came to putting in work.

Lord Denys Darklyn panicked and imprisoned Aerys. Tywin tried to rescue him but the Darklyn threatened to kill Aerys if he saw Tywin and his man sacking the town.

It's that event that makes him go batshyt insane but even before that his relationship with Tywin was deteriorating because of his jealousy and being thirsty for Tywin's wife.

i love westeros history :blessed:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i been reading the accursed king series based on GRRM's recommendation. im still in the first book but shyt is pretty good so far. i can see where he got some of his inspiration from too. The fact the shyt is real history is dope to me. Its about the events leading up to the 100 year war between France and England.

Nogaret :merchant:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Anybody notice how they kind of gave Bronn's kill to Daario? :patrice:

Ser Balman Byrch challenged Bronn to a jousting duel, but Bronn killed his horse to stun him and then kills him. Coincidence?

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
How much times has elapsed from book 1 thru the end of book 5?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those Theon chapters in Dance were hard as fukk to read sometimes, I hope Ramsay SNOW gets cooked like those Frey worms :pacspit:

Theon is a c*nt that deserves all that for killing two innocent kids by the way, but poor Jayne :to:
Maaaaaan

I never wanted a fictional character to get mercy killed so bad.

That first Reek chapter is some of the most fukked up shyt I've ever read

George's detail in that dungeon :bryan::to::huhldup::sadcam::ohhh::to:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Those Theon chapters in Dance were hard as fukk to read sometimes, I hope Ramsay SNOW gets cooked like those Frey worms :pacspit:

Ramsay is gonna make it out the series alive. Either him or Roose. GRRM is gonna do it to piss people off, I know it. Too many bad guys got what was coming to them.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much times has elapsed from book 1 thru the end of book 5?
2 years. 298 AL-300 AL

Joffery dies on the first day of the year 300. From that day up to the end of book 5 they're still in the year 300

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Ramsay is gonna make it out the series alive. Either him or Roose. GRRM is gonna do it to piss people off, I know it. Too many bad guys got what was coming to them.

Roose maybe but not Ramsay. Ramsay has pissed off to many people and does not have enough allies to survive. Unless people at the dreadfrot like Ramsey.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I forgot about Jaime's involvement with Tysha too
:upsetfavre:

Thats another one of the worst acts of the series although Tywin was the main culprit

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Anybody notice how they kind of gave Bronn's kill to Daario? :patrice:

Ser Balman Byrch challenged Bronn to a jousting duel, but Bronn killed his horse to stun him and then kills him. Coincidence?
bronn was never in easteros. U thinking of strong belwas