A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
@Adam3000 I was about to argue with you on Jamie's character and the scene with Cersei and all that, but then I remembered what someone said earlier in this thread that is like a remix of a song. So that's how I look at it when comparing the two. Anyway, I feel like Jamie's been portrayed very well in the show. Sometimes I see Jamie on the show being a tiny bit nicer than Jamie in the book at the same point in time.

I did pay a visit to westeros.org and read a few random threads. Eeeep that was a mistake!

Oh, but when did Jamie kill his cousin in the show? Was it Cletos Frey? I don't remember that at all, my memory for the show isn't as good as my memory with the book

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So @Klarifeye The Great are we gonna take files on Oberyn stans from the show thread? :demonic:

He doesn't have many stans because of all the in your face gay debauchery HBO got him doing but I think they need to get ethered.

We'll don Clegane banners or The Mountain pics as avatars for it too.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Idk, I read Cerceis "redemption" like I read Jamie's. It was more of a "The Lannisters aren't as evil as you think and Tywin plays a bigger part of it"

I think it all goes back to the Mad King. Lannisters would have been okay somewhat if King Aerys didn't get jealous of Tywin or go batshyt insane and start shytting on everyone around him.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think it all goes back to the Mad King. Lannisters would have been okay somewhat if King Aerys didn't get jealous of Tywin or go batshyt insane and start shytting on everyone around him.
I think that pushed them over the edge but they were still on their way to bein fukked up. Didn't Cercei try to kill Tyrion as an infant? And Cercei and Jamie were always a little to close according to the lady that watched them. I think it started when Tyrion was born and their mother died.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I think that pushed them over the edge but they were still on their way to bein fukked up. Didn't Cercei try to kill Tyrion as an infant? And Cercei and Jamie were always a little to close according to the lady that watched them. I think it started when Tyrion was born and their mother died.

You're probably right but then again if the Mad King isn't jealous but more of a friend to Tywin, he never goes to Duskendale to prove his leadership skills, Tywin deals with the defiance and stays King's Hand. And just maybe King Aerys accepts Tywin's proposal of Cersei to Rhaegar. Jaime doesn't join the Kingsguard. Tywin still hates Tyrion but all is good since his endgame was to put his House on top.

So much Lannister nastiness avoided if Aerys was just a nicer guy... :patrice:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
breh im like the only one :bryan:

:to:

We might have to settle for the Lannisters then, when Tywin buys it.

While we're on the subject of Lannisters, is Kevan in the show for season 4? They should beef him up this season consider what happens to him later.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
[QUOTE="Adam3000, post: 8130718, member: 601"

Stannis stans have much more to complain about than Jaime stans, Stannis has been given almost zero redeeming qualities other than during Blackwater. Jaime's "redemption" arc has barely even started. It really doesn't even kick into gear until he leaves Cersei for good.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously its disgusting how they did my man on this show I'm thinking they shytting on him hard early to make the victories that much more sweeter later.:yeshrug:

Stannis is not well liked in westeros cause he is a dude that keeps it real at all time and we all know sometimes keeping it real goes wrong:laugh: HBO could have done a much better job with Stannis storylines he had some great dialogue in the book with Davos at various points They didnt even do the scene when Stannis was going to kill Davos before Davos broke out the letter from the north the right way.

Now they have him trying to get the Iron Bank connect which doesnt happen until Book 6(preview chapter) so I am a little confused where they going with this is he about to get the stimulus now before he heads north? If I was to take a guess he will more than likely get shytted on by the Iron Bank too:why:

Cant wait to read the show thread when Stannis saves the nights watch and Jon Snow what they going to say about Stannisset then?:troll:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Seriously its disgusting how they did my man on this show I'm thinking they shytting on him hard early to make the victories that much more sweeter later.:yeshrug:

Stannis is not well liked in westeros cause he is a dude that keeps it real at all time and we all know sometimes keeping it real goes wrong:laugh: HBO could have done a much better job with Stannis storylines he had some great dialogue in the book with Davos at various points They didnt even do the scene when Stannis was going to kill Davos before Davos broke out the letter from the north the right way.

Now they have him trying to get the Iron Bank connect which doesnt happen until Book 6(preview chapter) so I am a little confused where they going with this is he about to get the stimulus now before he heads north? If I was to take a guess he will more than likely get shytted on by the Iron Bank too:why:

Cant wait to read the show thread when Stannis saves the nights watch and Jon Snow what they going to say about Stannisset then?:troll:

I also don't like how they have him threatening to kill Davos like that either, dude is supposed to be his best friend :dead:

But he's out there like :beli: ready to barbecue Davos.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

i have no idea what's going on with stannis in the show breh, they're making it seem like he has ZERO men, so are they gonna use the iron bank's loan to get an army to go help Jon?

edit: actually nvm :patrice: it's gonna take a while for the banker to get there when Daavos tells him to go ahead and start tryna make alliances now and they start movin around

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You're probably right but then again if the Mad King isn't jealous but more of a friend to Tywin, he never goes to Duskendale to prove his leadership skills, Tywin deals with the defiance and stays King's Hand. And just maybe King Aerys accepts Tywin's proposal of Cersei to Rhaegar. Jaime doesn't join the Kingsguard. Tywin still hates Tyrion but all is good since his endgame was to put his House on top.

So much Lannister nastiness avoided if Aerys was just a nicer guy... :patrice:

What happens in Duskendale? That when Aerys gets kidnapped and Barristan has to save him? I'm still reading the 5th book (of that's even when it's mentioned) and I don't know that story very well.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I also don't like how they have him threatening to kill Davos like that either, dude is supposed to be his best friend :dead:

But he's out there like :beli: ready to barbecue Davos.

They're playing it out that way on the show just to up the ante for non-book readers. I don't know if they'll send Davos to the Manderly's or have him go with Stannis to the wall to fight off the Wildlings.