A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
at first in the books it seemed a lot like rape then she got into it later on in the scene
She was beating on his chest
There was no tenderness in the kiss he returned to her, only hunger. Her mouth opened for his tongue.
“No,” she said weakly when his lips moved down her neck, “not here. The septons …”
“The Others can take the septons.” He kissed her again, kissed her silent, kissed her until she moaned . Then he knocked the candles aside and lifted her up onto the Mother’s altar, pushing up her skirts and the silken shift beneath. She pounded on his chest with feeble fists, murmuring about the risk, the danger, about their father, about the septons, about the wrath of gods. He never heard her. He undid his breeches and climbed up and pushed her bare white legs apart. One hand slid up her thigh and underneath her smallclothes. When he tore them away, he saw that her moon’s blood was on her, but it made no difference." = rape

smh at you conveniently leaving out the next paragraph.

“Hurry,” she was whispering now, “quickly, quickly, now, do it now, do me now. Jaime Jaime Jaime.” Her hands helped guide him. “Yes,” Cersei said as he thrust, “my brother, sweet brother, yes, like that, yes, I have you, you’re home now, you’re home now, you’re home.” She kissed his ear and stroked his short bristly hair. Jaime lost himself in her flesh. He could feel Cersei’s heart beating in time with his own, and the wetness of blood and seed where they were joined.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
smh at you conveniently leaving out the next paragraph.

“Hurry,” she was whispering now, “quickly, quickly, now, do it now, do me now. Jaime Jaime Jaime.” Her hands helped guide him. “Yes,” Cersei said as he thrust, “my brother, sweet brother, yes, like that, yes, I have you, you’re home now, you’re home now, you’re home.” She kissed his ear and stroked his short bristly hair. Jaime lost himself in her flesh. He could feel Cersei’s heart beating in time with his own, and the wetness of blood and seed where they were joined.

Just like people are conveniently leaving our Cersei kissing and grabbing and pulling Jaime close to her in the show scene. Matter of fact, the show was even LESS rapey than the book, but the book went on longer and showed Cersei liking it. The show chose to cut away.

Its a rape both times or its a rape neither time. There aren't different levels of rape. This whole argument reminds me of that politician who was talking about "rape rape"

The truth is, it is Jaime stans just being mad because they think Jaime is on a path to redemption. I'm still confused at what he has done to redeem himself from trying to murder an 8 year old boy and for slaughtering Ned's men. Oh, he saved Brienne from death and no longer cares about Cersei?.....ok......let's talk about Bran again shall we

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
seem like every season some nikka got some ether for REN :heh:

remember last season someone stocked up on all the shyt he was sayin about Robb for months, just waiting for the red wedding to drop fukking BOMBS on that nikka :bryan:

:dead:

That was me and @Klarifeye The Great

Others joined in to take files on Starkset and wore Bolton colors for the raid :russ:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i dislike the fact that they aren't playing up the tyrell-martell feud. i mean i guess it isnt important to the story but i would have enjoyed a lady of thorns vs oberyn scene at the wedding. maybe we will still get one.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
lol @ random feminists on twitter saying thet cant fukk with the show anymore because of the alleged rape, all of a sudden they sayin the entire story is wack :bryan:

• Dap
Reactions: GZR

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Just like people are conveniently leaving our Cersei kissing and grabbing and pulling Jaime close to her in the show scene. Matter of fact, the show was even LESS rapey than the book, but the book went on longer and showed Cersei liking it. The show chose to cut away.

Its a rape both times or its a rape neither time. There aren't different levels of rape. This whole argument reminds me of that politician who was talking about "rape rape"

The truth is, it is Jaime stans just being mad because they think Jaime is on a path to redemption. I'm still confused at what he has done to redeem himself from trying to murder an 8 year old boy and for slaughtering Ned's men. Oh, he saved Brienne from death and no longer cares about Cersei?.....ok......let's talk about Bran again shall we
literally no one believes this but you. The show is getting lit up by blogs right now...

Cersei tells him to fukk her in the book. There's not a part of the show scene where she seems to be giving him consent. End of story.

And yes, Jaime has a redemption arc. No one is saying trying to kill Bran was alright. The point of redemption is to start after a character has reached their peak of depravity. In the following books he re-finds the honor that once defined him. He was the only KG to question the rape and beatings Aerys gave to his wife. He stopped the king from killing thousands with wildfire. Barristan hasn't done anything as honorable, and instead was basically a Nazi "following orders."

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:dwillhuh: But he is on a path to redemption. I don't blame some that think he's irredeemable but at least he's trying to atone. He already felt guilty for a lot of the shyt he's done, an evil person wouldn't even bother. Jaime is going around taking responsibilities he doesn't have to take and trying out diplomacy to fix problems peacefully that could have easily escalated to violence and people dying like getting Edmure back down and settling the Bracken/Blackwood fued.

He's not there yet but the point is he's trying even under the clout of being a Kingslayer.

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs
Seeing the scene last night infront of Mereen I'm really pissed they omitted my man Strong Belwas. At first I was like ok I can see how u can do w/o him but watching it im like nah they need that character

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Not sure if I'm a fan of how the tv takes the ambiguity of the book and says "screw that...let's just put it out there" ...but I guess it's necessary because there's so much less time to cover all bases. Strong Belwas was seriously missed too. I'm betting on Brienne's next arc starting next week, maybe with Pod in toe.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Now that I think about it, I think they decided to show the scene that way to start garnering sympathy for Cercei like he did in the 4th book. Her whole feeling of being held back cause she was a woman even though she felt she was just as smart as her male counterparts, the revelation that she was raped by Robert and aborted his seed, etc

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Now that I think about it, I think they decided to show the scene that way to start garnering sympathy for Cercei like he did in the 4th book. Her whole feeling of being held back cause she was a woman even though she felt she was just as smart as her male counterparts, the revelation that she was raped by Robert and aborted his seed, etc
the same way they're tryna create fake sympathy for Shae too :snoop: i really hate that shyt, make the dudes grimey and hell but pull back on showing the FULL demonic energy in the women

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
I think I can get their reasons why Shae is more sympathetic. In the book there's a lot of inner monologue from Tryion about his ex-wife that his father took from him, and in the books we can see that Tyrion is basically trying to replace her with Shae even though she's not exactly the sweetest of gals.

But in the show we can't see or hear his thoughts about his ex-wife and the traumatizing experience of losing her. So if he loved the book version of Shae without us knowing the context of how heavily he carries his past, audience's would be like "Wake up, dude, she's using you!" So I'm guessing that's why they made Shae likable to make it make sense for Tyrion to love her in the show. Maybe? Did that make sense?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I think I can get their reasons why Shae is more sympathetic. In the book there's a lot of inner monologue from Tryion about his ex-wife that his father took from him, and in the books we can see that Tyrion is basically trying to replace her with Shae even though she's not exactly the sweetest of gals.

But in the show we can't see or hear his thoughts about his ex-wife and the traumatizing experience of losing her. So if he loved the book version of Shae without us knowing the context of how heavily he carries his past, audience's would be like "Wake up, dude, she's using you!" So I'm guessing that's why they made Shae likable to make it make sense for Tyrion to love her in the show. Maybe? Did that make sense?
:dwillhuh: i was talking about how they had Tyrion bark on her, so people are feeling bad for shae now, so when she betrays tyrion the tv watchers are like "well she kind of had a reason :ld:"

when in the books it seemed like she just turnt into a snake cuz tyrion wouldn't make a noble woman out of her, bytch was grimey as hell wit it