A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
:mindblown: im sticking with the theory that Cold Hands is the Night's King cuz it makes sense

:dahell:

what are the rickon conspiracy theories :lupe: i mean shaggydog out here killing unicorns dont you upgrade into a super saiyan after doin some shyt like that :lupe:

You must spread reputation to at least 40 other user(s) before you can give reputation to T-K-G again

:sadcam:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Did Jamie rape Cercei like that in the books. fukk was that about?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
It happened in the books, just a bit less resistance. Jaime had period blood on his dikk afterward if I remember correctly

Did anyone else feel that the Hound at the dinner table sort of foreshadowed the gravedigger fate? A focus on faith....

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I was like wtf what was that for when I saw that. Someone with a better grasp of things has to explain why they did that to me. This dude Jamie raped the mother of his children in front of their dead son. WTF?
HBO being HBO breh, i hate them nikkas :snoop: force rape scenes, swagless daarios

but we can't get a fukking Strong Belwas :why: fukk outta here

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
It happened in the books, just a bit less resistance. Jaime had period blood on his dikk afterward if I remember correctly

Did anyone else feel that the Hound at the dinner table sort of foreshadowed the gravedigger fate? A focus on faith....
Adam,
in my perspective from the books, he didnt rape her, he was completely inept with the loss of the hamd and couldn't do shyt with it. She was in total control of the situation.
And I agree, foreshadowing, it is confirmed as far as I can tell.
The other thing was the book never made it clear whether Margery was in on the poisoning, the show cleared it up for me.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Im gonna re-read the chapter tonight to compare

Didnt look like rape to me though, looked like Cersei was on some No Yes No Yes type shyt

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
HBO being HBO breh, i hate them nikkas :snoop: force rape scenes, swagless daarios

but we can't get a fukking Strong Belwas :why: fukk outta here

Think he would have been a great character that would have translated really well to the show, like addullah the butcher or something would have been perfect, already comes with the scars

jajahoe

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
KIlleen, TX
Adam,
in my perspective from the books, he didnt rape her, he was completely inept with the loss of the hamd and couldn't do shyt with it. She was in total control of the situation.
And I agree, foreshadowing, it is confirmed as far as I can tell.
The other thing was the book never made it clear whether Margery was in on the poisoning, the show cleared it up for me.

at first in the books it seemed a lot like rape then she got into it later on in the scene
She was beating on his chest
There was no tenderness in the kiss he returned to her, only hunger. Her mouth opened for his tongue.
“No,” she said weakly when his lips moved down her neck, “not here. The septons …”
“The Others can take the septons.” He kissed her again, kissed her silent, kissed her until she moaned . Then he knocked the candles aside and lifted her up onto the Mother’s altar, pushing up her skirts and the silken shift beneath. She pounded on his chest with feeble fists, murmuring about the risk, the danger, about their father, about the septons, about the wrath of gods. He never heard her. He undid his breeches and climbed up and pushed her bare white legs apart. One hand slid up her thigh and underneath her smallclothes. When he tore them away, he saw that her moon’s blood was on her, but it made no difference." = rape

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yeah, I'm calling "legal" rape in both cases, but also calling Cersei deep down wanting it in both cases.

Saying it wasnt a rape in the books yet was a rape in the show is some serious Jaime stanning.

Either it was a rape both times, or a rape neither time. Because both times we saw Cersei showing signs of wanting it.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Ren Spells Ren talking all that shyt about Jaime... :birdman: Wish I could tell him Jaime is locked for the next 4 seasons :umad: fukk the show for making him look irredeemable..

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
I remembered from the books Cercie trying to use that power U to try to get him to kill Tyrion, and when it didnt work and she saw how pathetic he was with the 1 hand she played more of the antaginist in pushing him off and making a fool of him, :manny: the script says different. Not a Jamie stan though, I ride with Stannis and consider all them Lannisters ABOMINATION :jawalrus:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Ren Spells Ren talking all that shyt about Jaime... :birdman: Wish I could tell him Jaime is locked for the next 4 seasons :umad: fukk the show for making him look irredeemable..
seem like every season some nikka got some ether for REN :heh:

remember last season someone stocked up on all the shyt he was sayin about Robb for months, just waiting for the red wedding to drop fukking BOMBS on that nikka :bryan: