A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
:dwillhuh:
You aint versed in ASOIAF theories yet? You know how much stuff you missed in them books? :youngsabo:
I'm familiar with quite a few but haven't read too many in depth.

I saw a tin-foil one on reddit a couple weeks ago I think where roose is supposed to be immortal, lol. But dude did have his evidence lined up.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
@Twitter
(Spoilers All) Roose Bolton: Age is just a Number : asoiaf
I couldn't find the other one I read. It had added speculation that Roose was just keeping Ramsey around so he could use his face or something like that I can't remember
GRRM hints a couple of times that Roose is well passed 'well passed 40'. For instance, the younger sister of Roose's second wife is Barbrey Dustin. She is described by the wiki "Barbrey Dustin has wrinkles around her mouth and eyes, but she is still tall, unbent and handsome. Her hair is equal parts brown and grey, wearing it tied behind her head in a widow's knot". She is greying and wrinkled, and younger than Roose's second wife. Pretty weird, Dustin sounds like she is well passed forty.
Another example: Domeric Bolton is described as being able to outrace Lyanna Stark on horseback. That would mean that Domeric would have had to have been old enough to ride a full size steed when Lyanna was still alive. Lyanna dies 14 years before the novels begin. So the son Roose had with his second wife would have been maybe a few years younger than Ned Stark.
Final example: Roose has a namesake, Roose Ryswell. Roose Ryswell is a brother of Barbrey Dustin. Younger, older, we don't know. For someone to be named after someone else, the original Roose must have been a man of some note at the time of Roose Ryswell's birth (maybe ~40 years ago?)
This all suggests to me that Roose is very possibly 60+ years of age, and yet bears almost no signs of his years. I think this potentially lends significant weight to the theory that prunes and regular leechings do wonders for a person's complexion and personal well being.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I'm familiar with quite a few but haven't read too many in depth.

I saw a tin-foil one on reddit a couple weeks ago I think where roose is supposed to be immortal, lol. But dude did have his evidence lined up.

yeah i read that one (not on reddit) he is suppose to be the Nights King and he inhabits all the bodies of lords of the dreadforts because they share the same blood.

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I've been enjoying the show and ended up spoiling some parts for myself via wikis and forums. I had to cop the books:

9P79xap.jpg

I got it from here for my UK heads who are interested.

I'm looking forward to losing myself in this fantasy world of piff :banderas:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I've been enjoying the show and ended up spoiling some parts for myself via wikis and forums. I had to cop the books:

9P79xap.jpg

welcome to fam breh :salute:

if you have any trouble reading AFFC(like i did :sadcam:) i suggest downloading the combined version of books 4 and 5

now.... @Adam3000 @beanz @Twitter @Bud Bundy im guessing the show can only squeeze out around 3-4 more "episodes" of arya and the hound, they have to come up with a way to get him hurt, get them going towards Saltpans, have her leave him behind, then have her catching the boat right? Considering they have so much stuff to cover in King's Landing/The Wall/Brandalf/Meereen it shouldn't be too obvious that they're gonna stretch the arya/hound thing out just a little bit

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: GZR

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

9P79xap.jpg

When did they start splitting the books like that? I copped the 4 book set a couple years ago and the 3rd book wasnt split.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:damn: this is what happens when we get 5 years between books. motherfukkers go ham with the theories to pass time. i saw one about sansa stark being azhor azai i was like :wtf:
:mjlol:

but sansa is the only Stark who doesn't have any magic going for her :ohhh:

do you think it's because Lady getting killed severed her warg-connection :lupe: and that might have a big part to play in how all the stark kids startin to get kinda brolic magic-wise :lupe: