A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
i hope they dont make Oblocks L too harsh, them nikkas in the thread finna roast my ass :sadcam:

as long as they know the mountain got a spoonful of that red viper special :demonic: it's all good
I am so eagerly looking forward to it. My face was literally :wow: the whole time I was reading that part. Talk about unexpected. The way that he did it to him too was just so fukked up, I cannot WAIT to see him completely wreck that dude. And I love Oberyn. But he got too fukking cute. You don't get cute with the goddamn mountain :snoop:

"Elia of Dorne. I killed her screaming whelp. Then I raped her. Then I smashed her fukking head in. Like this." :dead:

Literally the greatest finishing lines I've ever fukking heard. He gave negative fukks right there, brehs.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I am so eagerly looking forward to it. My face was literally :wow: the whole time I was reading that part. Talk about unexpected. The way that he did it to him too was just so fukked up, I cannot WAIT to see him completely wreck that dude. And I love Oberyn. But he got too fukking cute. You don't get cute with the goddamn mountain :snoop:

"Elia of Dorne. I killed her screaming whelp. Then I raped her. Then I smashed her fukking head in. Like this." :dead:

Literally the greatest finishing lines I've ever fukking heard. He gave negative fukks right there, brehs.
:wow: dont make me relive it, i was so salty cuz to the best of my knowledge he was (in my head) the only black person really bout that life in the series(or the only black person in the series period for that matter) the fukk boy from Quarth dont count :pacspit:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

The wine Oberyn drank before the match had dude slippin'.

"Say her name!"

:why: Just kill the dude man... You think a nikka like The Mountain who smashed a baby's head on a wall and raped the fukk out of a woman is going to feel remorse or cop pleas about it?

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Huh I didnt do shyt in the game of thrones thread?

:whoa: I misread what I quoted. I was talking about the time Spinoza negged you and spoiled zombie Caitlyn . I don't know who dropped that new spoiler in the tv thread. I've been avoiding that thread because I don't want to accidentally spoil shyt.

:dead: @ you being mad enough to neg me.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
dawg they really think Cersei or Twyin pulled the plug on their own seed in front of all of westeros :bryan: they reachin hard as hell too

I don't think they are reachin, because their reasoning behind it is perfectly sound. As far as we can tell from the show, Cersei has the most to gain by Joffrey dying because she will regain influence as Queen Regent since Tommen is so young.

A rebuttal to that might be that she could have just killed Maergery instead, but that might bring the heat onto Cersei. Joffrey brings her no heat.

The best rebuttal is that Cersei would never harm her kids in any way, but without being able to see inner monologue it might be unclear for the viewer whether she is more interested in power or in her kids

The dots that the Cersei theorists aren't connecting though are that Cersei gaining more power IS one of the major reasons for Joff's poisoning. But only because Littlefinger wants chaos. Chaos is a ladder. That is the connection they haven't made.

Surprised that no one has brought up Varys...his dungeon conversation with Illyrio could be used as evidence for his involvement

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I don't think they are reachin, because their reasoning behind it is perfectly sound. As far as we can tell from the show, Cersei has the most to gain by Joffrey dying because she will regain influence as Queen Regent since Tommen is so young.

A rebuttal to that might be that she could have just killed Maergery instead, but that might bring the heat onto Cersei. Joffrey brings her no heat.

The best rebuttal is that Cersei would never harm her kids in any way, but without being able to see inner monologue it might be unclear for the viewer whether she is more interested in power or in her kids

The dots that the Cersei theorists aren't connecting though are that Cersei gaining more power IS one of the major reasons for Joff's poisoning. But only because Littlefinger wants chaos. Chaos is a ladder. That is the connection they haven't made.

Surprised that no one has brought up Varys...his dungeon conversation with Illyrio could be used as evidence for his involvement
she coulda attempted to slump joff at blackwater like she did tyrion :yeshrug:

yea they forgot Littlefingers monologue from the previous season, kind of funny since they were stanning him after he made that speech, you dont even see people supporting him like that anymore :heh: short term memory ass nikkas

most of their theories got deaded cuz of that dude who posted the frame by frame of Olenna tho :smh: ruined the fun

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
most of their theories got deaded cuz of that dude who posted the frame by frame of Olenna tho :smh: ruined the fun

someone in the show thread brought up a good point about the whole thing being incredibly convoluted. it does beg the question of why Lady Olenna needed Sansa to smuggle the poison in. why not just have it stashed somewhere on her person? I guess involving more people would make it harder for whoever to figure out what happened, but at the same time, it seems it could also increase the chances of something going wrong. what if Sansa decided not to wear the hairnet/necklace?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
someone in the show thread brought up a good point about the whole thing being incredibly convoluted. it does beg the question of why Lady Olenna needed Sansa to smuggle the poison in. why not just have it stashed somewhere on her person? I guess involving more people would make it harder for whoever to figure out what happened, but at the same time, it seems it could also increase the chances of something going wrong. what if Sansa decided not to wear the hairnet/necklace?
because GRRM wanted to make it more of a mystery i guess :manny: most mystery murder cases are crazy complex for no reason, atleast all the ones i've seen/read

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So on the show Ramsey just sent Locke to the Wall to look for Bran, so you got Tormund's crew and the Thenns coming from the south, Mance's main force coming down from the north and now Locke and whoever he brings with him. shyt is bout to be bananas up at that Wall.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I just finished The Heros and am now a few chapters into Red Country.

Just wait breh.....

...but yeah, best served cold is bloody as all hell.
I've been reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen series off and on for a few months. I've got the First Law book on deck though.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Agreed. Some fakkit here on the Coli got mad about me making a thread saying "Ned Stark fukked up" and Negged me. But in the Neg Comments, this little nikka told me that Joffrey gets murdered in his wedding at that Catelyn isnt really dead and will be back as a zombie :dahell:

I knew then that either I had to get off the Coli or I needed to read the books. nikkas are so petty :camby:

Someone has a Stoneheart avi already :snoop:

These dudes gotta die slow. True Detective wasn't as potent because I was going through the thread and someone revealed the killer before I wanted to find out. Then the penultimate episode came and I already knew who the killer was when the reveal was supposed to happen.

I want to discuss shows in depth with people on here but I don't understand how you're smart enough to analyze the characters and the show as a whole, but dumb enough to think everyone wants the mystique ripped out before its time. Let the sh1t breathe sometimes.