A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Didn't Jaime reveal some big secrets to Ilyn? He can't do that with Bronn so I guess all that chat is cut out. I thought that would have made great TV.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Didn't Jaime reveal some big secrets to Ilyn? He can't do that with Bronn so I guess all that chat is cut out. I thought that would have made great TV.

yeah but all he did was confirm that he did fukk his sister and that the kids are his. Everyone else knows that though.[DOUBLEPOST=1397550173][/DOUBLEPOST]ohh the reason they replaced Ilyan is because the actor who plays him has cancer and can not make it. instead of recasting him they just used Bron

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
They're gonna develop Oberyn into a major character all season just to have his face smashed in during one of the last episodes. :russ:

If they didn't know Martin is heartless by now then that will solidify it.

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
Bout to give in and read these Wind of Winter sample chapters :snoop:

I was so close to sticking it out but the thirst is real brehs I need new material :damn:

I read the Dangerous Women story but have skipped Dunk and Egg so far, will that hold me over?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Bout to give in and read these Wind of Winter sample chapters :snoop:

I was so close to sticking it out but the thirst is real brehs I need new material :damn:

I read the Dangerous Women story but have skipped Dunk and Egg so far, will that hold me over?
Dunk and Egg will make you hunger for more of their fukking story, breh. Ser Duncan the Tall is that nikka tho. He doesn't exactly do much well besides being a big motherfukker, but WHAT HONOR HE HAS! :ohlawd:

The Ilyn Payne thing bugs me too, but not much you could do about it. I just had been really looking forward to him and Jamie going about doing their thing. Looks like we get more Bronn instead. Personally, I would have liked for him to exit the show much like he did in the book. Fairly peacefully with a giant fukk You to Cersei and co. Looks like they're gonna milk him for all he's worth though.

I also do feel as though they're attempting way too hard to make Shae out to be some character we should feel sympathy towards. Kinda makes me think they're going to deviate from her ending too much. Hope not, though. That seals the deal on Tyrion's "transformation", I feel. Well....and killing his father too of course. But I NEED to see Tyrion choke that bytch out.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Personally, I would have liked for him to exit the show much like he did in the book. Fairly peacefully with a giant fukk You to Cersei and co.

you don't think Bronn will continue to be a factor in the books?

personally I wanted to hear Ser Ilyn make the "clacking sound"

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
you don't think Bronn will continue to be a factor in the books?

personally I wanted to hear Ser Ilyn make the "clacking sound"
LMAO. I wanted to hear that as well. And nah, I think Bronn's story is mostly done. I mean....unless he becomes a factor if/when Tyrion ever makes it back to Westeros at Dany's side. Personally I don't know if I see Tyrion living that long, but crazier things have happened.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Cersei wouldn't kill her own kid. To her, Joffrey is just a little unruly and stubborn. She doesn't see the monster that everybody else does. No way she'd kill her kid.

Tywin wanted to teach Joffrey a "sharp lesson". Can't learn a lesson when you're dead. To understand Tywin, you gotta realize Tywin's father was a BYTCH. A HERB. A LAME. The lords in the Westerlands were openly disrespecting his Lord father Tytos, not paying taxes. So a 15 year old Tywin had to take over and destroy the two houses that wanted beef. That's why he's so adamant about Lannister pride, Lannister dominance, leaving a strong legacy. He wouldn't kill Joffrey like that, having him choke on his own spit like a fool in front of all of Westeros, because it makes his family look bad. He wouldn't kill Joffrey period. If he was a kinslayer, Tyrion would have gotten killed YEARS AGO.

Littlefinger surely had something to do with it. I notice he wasn't around at the Wedding. He's always behind everything.

Varys surely had something to do with it as well. He has his hands in everything. He either conspired with Littlefinger or he atleast knows.

Oberyn is a red herring. He hates the Lannisters but, I don't think he'd kill a teenaged boy at the largest event in the country. Not his style really.

Lady Olenna. Alot of signs point to her. Margery is her favorite granddaughter. If you think she would let Margery get married to some crazy little psycho who would eventually start abusing her, then you're crazy. No way. In Westeros, its common for the younger brother to marry the widow. Remember when Brandon Stark got killed by the Mad King Aerys. Ned Stark stepped up and married Catelyn. So maybe The Tyrells were planning on getting Tommen from the jump. He's like 10 years old, Margery is supposed to be like 17 years old. Margery would essentially run the kingdom and even after Tommen grew up, he would have gotten molded to be loyal to the Tyrells. Whereas Joffrey is a fukkin psycho who wouldn't be controlled. I see your motive Lady Olenna, I see it :mjpls: I could also see a scenario where Loras Tyrell became the second "Kingslayer", killing Joffrey years from now after Joffrey started abusing Margery, because you know he would. Maybe that factored into the Tyrell's decision.

Another thing about Littlefinger. Wasn't he the one to go make the Alliance with the Tyrells when Stannis was coming with those ships? :youngsabo: Maybe Littlefinger and Lady Olenna agreed on something else :youngsabo:

you have 33 posts here in the book thread. why are you posting all this in the show thread?

edit: one of your posts from this thread:

Its hilarious talking to my cousin about the show....he doesn't read. He has no clue Joffrey about to get a case of sore throat :lolbron:

:sitdown:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
LMAO. I wanted to hear that as well. And nah, I think Bronn's story is mostly done. I mean....unless he becomes a factor if/when Tyrion ever makes it back to Westeros at Dany's side. Personally I don't know if I see Tyrion living that long, but crazier things have happened.

I think Bronn is coming back in the story to die, probably when Tyrion crosses over. Bronn is one of the few who hasn't taken any kind of L throughout the story. I don't think GRRM is gonna let that slide :dead:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think Bronn is coming back in the story to die, probably when Tyrion crosses over. Bronn is one of the few who hasn't taken any kind of L throughout the story. I don't think GRRM is gonna let that slide :dead:
Maybe. I feel like Bronn is one of the few dudes who should be allowed to just...go live or something. Dude's survived this long by being the opposite of honorable and pretty much playing the game the way you should play it. Supporting the right people at the right time. I dunno. I'd be pretty disappointed if he died, I just don't want to have him forced on us a shyt ton though.[DOUBLEPOST=1397580101][/DOUBLEPOST]
Because I wanted to nikka :rudy:
I...just dunno why you'd be posting in there like you're some fukking great detective solving this thing out when you already know how it unravels :pachaha: