A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
i have to go back and look, but i think its implied that littlefinger and lady olenna did that together. at least thats what i thought. ima check that out today tho cause i aint so sure.

EDIT: i looked on the game of thrones app which is the authority on the story. this is what it says for the queen of thorn's entry

14+-+1

so it looks like yea, lady olenna and littlefinger planned that shyt together. she gave the hairnet to littlefinger who gave it to dontos and during the wedding she grabbed the poison from the hairnet while adjusting sansa's hair.
LOL how did you not remember Littlefinger literally straight up tells Sansa how it goes down after he gets her on the ship :dwillhuh:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
LOL how did you not remember Littlefinger literally straight up tells Sansa how it goes down after he gets her on the ship :dwillhuh:

yea i legit forgot about that. so much shyt happens in this story tho breh that shyt falls thru the cracks. thats why its so worth rereading everytime

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
we also cleared up that the shadow of a dragon seen over Kings Landing in the trailer does not men the dragons are going to somehow make it there this season

this part of Bran's vision was interesting

THFNMSm.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
we also cleared up that the shadow of a dragon seen over Kings Landing in the trailer does not men the dragons are going to somehow make it there this season

this part of Bran's vision was interesting

THFNMSm.jpg
Everyone wants to focus on the snow in the throne room as a metaphor for Jon being on the throne, but I don't really think that is the point of it.

The point is that the room is mangled and torched just like Harrenhal was. Torched by dragonfire. The snow is there because Winter is coming, and it snows in winter. The point of it all is to foreshadow the next Dance of Dragons likely between Aegon and Dany

The snow could also be a metaphor for Jon don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that the focus should be on the burned ceiling and walls

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Everyone wants to focus on the snow in the throne room as a metaphor for Jon being on the throne, but I don't really think that is the point of it.

The point is that the room is mangled and torched just like Harrenhal was. Torched by dragonfire. The snow is there because Winter is coming, and it snows in winter. The point of it all is to foreshadow the next Dance of Dragons likely between Aegon and Dany

The snow could also be a metaphor for Jon don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that the focus should be on the burned ceiling and walls

his visions seemed pretty literal. it kind of begs the question of what it would mean to have a 'vision' that is a 'metaphor'. it kind of works in books, because it can be kind of vague and just say something like "a throne covered in snow", but in TV/film they have to show a specific thing

to me it looked like the roof was blown off and winter has come

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
his visions seemed pretty literal. it kind of begs the question of what it would mean to have a 'vision' that is a 'metaphor'. it kind of works in books, because it can be kind of vague and just say something like "a throne covered in snow", but in TV/film they have to show a specific thing

to me it looked like the roof was blown off and winter has come
am i the only one that hopes white walkers/dragons completely destroy kings landing? so much bad shyt is associated with that place and seeing how the story is kind of playin on old traditions dying out it would make sense that it gets completely fukked up and becomes inhabitable :yeshrug: forcing whoever comes out on top to create a new place with a new order[DOUBLEPOST=1397507579][/DOUBLEPOST]
From the Show thread:

:lolbron:
this shyt KILLED me :bryan: they forgot his nickname was the Red Viper just that quick, i bet when he murks the mountain with poison they're gonna be like ":ohhh: so he DID murk joff" :russ: that's assuming littlefingers confession doesn't happen til next season

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Things I hated that we're changed

Red Viper not just sitting in the background but going face to fave with tywin cersi. It's a nice reveal in the book for him to go from the small council to championing Tryion

The Shea shyt making her sympathetic :snoop:

Bronn fighting Jamie and not illyn
The dilaouge is hilarious between them

Didn't Joffrey scratch at this throat while Cersi was watching over him

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Things I hated that we're changed

Red Viper not just sitting in the background but going face to fave with tywin cersi. It's a nice reveal in the book for him to go from the small council to championing Tryion

The Shea shyt making her sympathetic :snoop:

Bronn fighting Jamie and not illyn
The dilaouge is hilarious between them

Didn't Joffrey scratch at this throat while Cersi was watching over him
the trial hasnt even started

illyn has cancer..

:dry: