A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
yea thats fukked up smh. sometimes i wish i hadnt read the books so i could be surprised but mostly im glad i did cause id be pissed if nikkas kept spoiling it for me.

I found out about the show through SOHH, watched it and wanted to know what happened next so I rolled through all 5 in Summer 2011 just because I didn't want it ruined when the Coli was born. Then the show thread popped up and even before Season 2 you had fukkboys in there dry spoiling it THEN. I can't believe the pettiness. Its like they need to look smart.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I found out about the show through SOHH, watched it and wanted to know what happened next so I rolled through all 5 in Summer 2011 just because I didn't want it ruined when the Coli was born. Then the show thread popped up and even before Season 2 you had fukkboys in there dry spoiling it THEN. I can't believe the pettiness. Its like they need to look smart.

same here breh after season 1 i couldnt fukking wait to see what happened so i breezed thru the books that same summer.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
damn, when she pops back up at the trial it will be even more etherous than the book :wow:

That means my boy Bronn was forced to sell out Tyrion or (likely) die. Tywin usually gets his way with everyone. Tyrion would be able to understand that, so we'll still prolly get the scene when he's locked up looking for a champion to fight for him. Those are crucial parts of his chapters in ASOS.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
yea thats fukked up smh. sometimes i wish i hadnt read the books so i could be surprised but mostly im glad i did cause id be pissed if nikkas kept spoiling it for me.

that's pretty much why I read the books. I saw it was going to be nearly impossible to avoid all the spoilers on the internet

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
That means my boy Bronn was forced to sell out Tyrion or (likely) die. Tywin usually gets his way with everyone. Tyrion would be able to understand that, so we'll still prolly get the scene when he's locked up looking for a champion to fight for him. Those are crucial parts of his chapters in ASOS.

now that i think about it, when cersei announced that her champion would be the mountain and tyrion asked bronn to be his champion, bronn flat out said no to tyrion. so it all makes sense that they play it like bronn sold out tyrion. he is a sellsword and tywin can make him a shytload richer than tyrion.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I think there's room for other possibilities

Yeah there's been misdirection before. Bronn did make it a point to say only him Tyrion and Varys knew about it. I just can't think of why Varys would wanna hand Shae over to Tywin other than to fukk with Tyrion.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
now that i think about it, when cersei announced that her champion would be the mountain and tyrion asked bronn to be his champion, bronn flat out said no to tyrion. so it all makes sense that they play it like bronn sold out tyrion. he is a sellsword and tywin can make him a shytload richer than tyrion.

He considers Tyrion a friend at that point but the stakes were too high and he didn't like the odds against him facing The Mountain. So he took Cersei's offer to marry into a wealthy house. I don't see it as Bronn selling Tyrion out though. Kind of a matter of survival when your only support in King's Landing is up for an execution and the only way to save him is to fight a giant freak of nature fitted with thick ass custom made armor wielding a b*stard sword.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I do wonder how a lot of these changes will work out in the long run. for instance how they changed the 'dwarf show' to all dudes, so I guess Penny won't be in the story now

i kept looking for her. i thought when they knocked the wolfs head off one of the midgets, it would turn out to be a girl but nope. no penny :to:[DOUBLEPOST=1397493142][/DOUBLEPOST]
He considers Tyrion a friend at that point but the stakes were too high and he didn't like the odds against him facing The Mountain. So he took Cersei's offer to marry into a wealthy house. I don't see it as Bronn selling Tyrion out though. Kind of a matter of survival when your only support in King's Landing is up for an execution and the only way to save him is to fight a giant freak of nature fitted with thick ass custom made armor wielding a b*stard sword.

yea thats the feeling i got in the books too but i think in the show they will probably make it bronn selling tyrion out. they probably gonna really pile it on how shytty tyrion's luck has gotten.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
that's pretty much why I read the books. I saw it was going to be nearly impossible to avoid all the spoilers on the internet
Same here. I wanted to be able to discuss the show, but I avoided all internet threads like the plague because I couldn't read them without constant dry spoilers or straight up major spoilers

Made the right choice. I still enjoy the show like crazy and also have some GOAT books to discuss too

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
i kept looking for her. i thought when they knocked the wolfs head off one of the midgets, it would turn out to be a girl but nope. no penny :to:[DOUBLEPOST=1397493142][/DOUBLEPOST]

yea thats the feeling i got in the books too but i think in the show they will probably make it bronn selling tyrion out. they probably gonna really pile it on how shytty tyrion's luck has gotten.

I hope they don't cause Bronn is that nikka :to:

I'm convinced he's gonna help Tyrion out when he comes back to Westeros with the Second Sons.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I hope they don't cause Bronn is that nikka :to:

I'm convinced he's gonna help Tyrion out when he comes back to Westeros with the Second Sons.

word i love how they keep bronn in the background but he still a factor. surrounding himself with hedge knights and sellswords and even being so bold as to name his wife's son tyrion :lolbron:

i think even if bronn did sell tyrion out, tyrion wouldnt be too mad at him. tyrion knows he's a sellsword and like brown ben plumm says "there are old sellswords and there are bold sellswords. there are no bold old sellswords". bronn has to play the game to survive and if he had stayed loyal to tyrion he would not only get blamed for helping tyrion poison joff, but he would have been named tyrion's champion by default.

the shae angle didnt exists til the show tho so idk what exactly his motivation would be for shytting on tyrion like that without even giving him a little warning.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
lol at people in the show thread thinking it was the pigeon pie. that pie was meant to be ate by pretty much everyone at the wedding

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
lol at people in the show thread thinking it was the pigeon pie. that pie was meant to be ate by pretty much everyone at the wedding
The confusion comes from the close up of the dead birds in the pie. It was just meant to show that Joffrey accidentally killed them with his sword, but it is being interpreted as the pigeons died from the poison