A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Man I swore up and down Ollena was a character exaggerated on the show who wasn't important in the books. Dope.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Interesting how they changed the Tyrion-Shae dynamic. In the books, she simply dimes him out at the trial and betrays him. Here they have him faking outrage at her to push her away for her own safety.

It'll make the murder scene at the end of the season a bit weird, when it's revealed that Shae betrays him at the trial directly due to Tyrion's @sshole behavior toward here this past episode. Doesn't really give him the green light to kill her since she'll have turned on him only because of how he treated her.
what was interesting was Tywin saying to send her to the Tower of the Hand. I though that was gonna clear up the 'mystery' of why she was in Tywin's bed when Tyrion went to kill Tywin, but then they threw me a curve ball by having her (supposedly) leave on that boat

she was a major witness against Tyrion in the trial, so it will be interesting how they handle that now

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
About Varys being uncomfortable. Is it possible that he's that way because he recognizes Littlefinger is behind the scenes of what's going on during the wedding?

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
what was interesting was Tywin saying to send her to the Tower of the Hand. I though that was gonna clear up the 'mystery' of why she was in Tywin's bed when Tyrion went to kill Tywin, but then they threw me a curve ball by having her (supposedly) leave on that boat

she was a major witness against Tyrion in the trial, so it will be interesting how they handle that now
She aint getting on no cotdamn boat. The whole Tyrion-faking-outrage will be the impetus for her to ruin his plans of sending her away to Pentos, and give her the pissed off motivation she needs to stay in King's Landing and turn on him at the trial.

And since this is a book spoiler thread, I assume this is a show spoiler thread, but just in case, I'll spoiler it anyhow
In the 2nd trailer for S4 released by HBO, it shows a naked Shae in bed covered with a red sheet turn around in the night to look at something/somebody off to the side. It's Tyrion. She definitely gets murdered. I can't find it on YouTube, but it's at the 1:06 mark of the trailer if anybody can find it. Sorry for no link brehs

Edit:

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
SPOILERS/,BOOK MENTIONEDMy theory is it was Oleanna , Iam not sure if the show,featured it or just the book, but at one point Oleanna and margery asked sansa what kind of person joffrey is, she eventually spilled the beans and said he was abusive and an all round evil mother fukker, not only that they observed him 'ruling' and probably thought he was not mature or stable enough to be of use to them. I think they were weighing up whether to murder him or not maybe saw him as a useful idiot that could be charmed by margery to begin with , but sadly he proved to be too much of an idiot and also abusive,unstable ,and also they realised that the real power behind the phrone was tywin anyways...

I think they gave sansa that necklace through the fool which they knew she would wear because she is so starved of affection and love that she would she her appreciation for the 'gift' , ,that contained poison in those blue jewels and one was in fact a vial. if you notice in the episode just gone , Oleanna was fiddling around with sansas necklace, just before the death of joffrey occured. If you notice as soon as it was done, 'the fool ' appeared and sansa was spirited away,no doubt because Oleanna is conspring with others, (little finger perhaps) and they have big plans for her,being a surviving stark and all.

this nikka here obviously already knows what happens. faking like he guessing on his own. :camby: i dont wanna call him out in the show thread but he need to get got :pachaha:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Shae's probably still in KL. Maybe Bronn was bought out to give her up to Tywin...he's a sellsword after all.

Just doesn't make sense to me to water down the betrayal storyline by having Shae shipped off to Volantis or wherever. She's got to testify against Tyrion to make it work.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
this nikka here obviously already knows what happens. faking like he guessing on his own. :camby: i dont wanna call him out in the show thread but he need to get got :pachaha:
Theres a few a$$holes in there who casually drop spoilers acting like they're being slick and speculating. If I hadn't read the books, I'd stay out of that thread.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
She aint getting on no cotdamn boat. The whole Tyrion-faking-outrage will be the impetus for her to ruin his plans of sending her away to Pentos, and give her the pissed off motivation she needs to stay in King's Landing and turn on him at the trial.

And since this is a book spoiler thread, I assume this is a show spoiler thread, but just in case, I'll spoiler it anyhow
In the 2nd trailer for S4 released by HBO, it shows a naked Shae in bed covered with a red sheet turn around in the night to look at something/somebody off to the side. It's Tyrion. She definitely gets murdered. I can't find it on YouTube, but it's at the 1:06 mark of the trailer if anybody can find it. Sorry for no link brehs

yeah, idk why Tyrion didn't just tell her they were found out and her life was in danger

as far as her not getting on that boat, the only thing that bothers me is they doubled down on Bron saying she did in fact leave on that boat. they could have left that out if they wanted it to be more open. obviously she could still pop up for the trial, but they'll have some explaining to do

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
yeah, idk why Tyrion didn't just tell her they were found out and her life was in danger

as far as her not getting on that boat, the only thing that bothers me is they doubled down on Bron saying she did in fact leave on that boat. they could have left that out if they wanted it to be more open. obviously she could still pop up for the trial, but they'll have some explaining to do

unless(and i hope im wrong) the show is trying to switch up the bronn storyline to having him sell tyrion out. maybe when he took her to the ships, tywin was there waiting and offered him money to tell tyrion she definitely got on that boat. bronn is a vicious sellsword but i hope they dont do that.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW

Found the link in the spoiler. 1:06 mark, brehs

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Shae's probably still in KL. Maybe Bronn was bought out to give her up to Tywin...he's a sellsword after all.

Just doesn't make sense to me to water down the betrayal storyline by having Shae shipped off to Volantis or wherever. She's got to testify against Tyrion to make it work.
didnt see ur post lol

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees

:damn: What the fukk!? There's no way you put that together if you haven't read the books that dude is just fishing for reps and daps like he actually came up with it. Even if he did somehow figure out the necklace in the Godswood sh1t on his own, how is he mentioning Littlefinger at all?? I was completely surprised in the books when Littlefinger was waiting on the ship.

Some people don't give a fukk in that thread. Why would you want to spoil some sh1t for other people and remove the guessing game from it?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:damn: What the fukk!? There's no way you put that together if you haven't read the books that dude is just fishing for reps and daps like he actually came up with it. Even if he did somehow figure out the necklace in the Godswood sh1t on his own, how is he mentioning Littlefinger at all?? I was completely surprised in the books when Littlefinger was waiting on the ship.

Some people don't give a fukk in that thread. Why would you want to spoil some sh1t for other people and remove the guessing game from it?

yea thats fukked up smh. sometimes i wish i hadnt read the books so i could be surprised but mostly im glad i did cause id be pissed if nikkas kept spoiling it for me.