A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
nah yall gonna have some time to come up with theories so have fun with that

ps. you brave as hell for coming in here like that, luckily i read the "wiki-spoilers" part of your post and took caution when i responded cuz i was definitely gonna say some other shyt

I think we're misunderstanding each other.

I already personally know it was Olenna and Littlefinger. I went HAM on this wiki after the first season....:laugh:

My post wasn't really me theorizing, just more about complimenting the way they presented it as a mystery and the editing etc....:salute: They really emphasized that ANYONE might have wanted to kill this dude....:wow:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

I already personally know it was Olenna and Littlefinger. I went HAM on this wiki after the first season....:laugh:

My post wasn't really me theorizing, just more about complimenting the way they presented it as a mystery and the editing etc....:salute: They really emphasized that ANYONE might have wanted to kill this dude....:wow:
a wiki-spoiler :scusthov: can't cosign skipping a LOT of good literature but if you're not the type to read it's understandable cuz those shyts are pretty big and GRRM will easily spend 5+ pages just describing food on a plate :smh:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
a wiki-spoiler :scusthov: can't cosign skipping a LOT of good literature but if you're not the type to read it's understandable cuz those shyts are pretty big and GRRM will easily spend 5+ pages just describing food on a plate :smh:
Yeah I kept telling myself "Oh I'ma go back and read em all" but just kinda keep putting it on the back-burner....maybe I'll try before he finishes the series....which at least gives me anther 10 years to decide....:laugh:

It's been a loooong time since I've read for pure pleasure.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW

:stopitslime: You might as well read the books if you're going to ruin the show like that

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah I kept telling myself "Oh I'ma go back and read em all" but just kinda keep putting it on the back-burner....maybe I'll try before he finishes the series....which at least gives me anther 10 years to decide....:laugh:

It's been a loooong time since I've read for pure pleasure.
:huhldup: tighten up breh, atleast try to read the 5th one cuz it's definitely piff all the way through

reading is still >>> everything else in my opinion, most movies/tvshows can never live up to how dope it looks in your mind when your reading shyt, and it definitely helps keep your mind sharp critical thinking wise

they have a "what are you reading" thread on here but nikkas mostly postin self-help/conspiracy/religion/how to be a player-style books :smh:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Interesting how they changed the Tyrion-Shae dynamic. In the books, she simply dimes him out at the trial and betrays him. Here they have him faking outrage at her to push her away for her own safety.

It'll make the murder scene at the end of the season a bit weird, when it's revealed that Shae betrays him at the trial directly due to Tyrion's a$$hole behavior toward here this past episode. Doesn't really give him the green light to kill her since she'll have turned on him only because of how he treated her.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Interesting how they changed the Tyrion-Shae dynamic. In the books, she simply dimes him out at the trial and betrays him. Here they have him faking outrage at her to push her away for her own safety.

It'll make the murder scene at the end of the season a bit weird, when it's revealed that Shae betrays him at the trial directly due to Tyrion's @sshole behavior toward here this past episode. Doesn't really give him the green light to kill her since she'll have turned on him only because of how he treated her.
exactly breh and i definitely dont like it, that bytch shae was just a straight up treacherous bytch and got what was coming to her along with his bytch ass dad

seems like they're tryna make people sympathetic to a fukking bed wench :scusthov: imo seems a tv politics move

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender

It'll make the murder scene at the end of the season a bit weird, when it's revealed that Shae betrays him at the trial directly due to Tyrion's @sshole behavior toward here this past episode. Doesn't really give him the green light to kill her since she'll have turned on him only because of how he treated her.
I guess the reason they had the Tyrion-Shae dynamic changed is maybe because in the books Tyrion was hung up on his ex-wife Tysha(??) and that short but traumatic incident, so even with Shae just using him in the books he's still yearning for what he's lost so he falls for it.

In the show I guess there really isn't a way to go into Tyrion's mind so we can see him still hung up on his ex, so he gets legit in love with Shae and same to him. So maybe what might happen in the show is Shae doesn't get on the ship at all for Pentos like he tried for her to do, sells Tyrion out to his old man and his sister, does him dirty in the trial, then fukks his old man and thats when Tyrion loses it. Or maybe she does go to Pentos and its just Tywin who gets it.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
now i cant fukking wait for tywin's death! the few lannister set nikkas are like ":manny: that was a win on the low, now tywin the boss can run shyt."

when tyrion puts that crossbow bolt thru his stomach :banderas:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Show done fukked up and made Ramsay likeable. He's scenes had me :dead:

Ramsay.gif

I was dead @ after cutting away from Theon they show Tyrion eating a sausage.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Ollena wasn't involved in the books was she? Wasn't it Dontos or some random maid or something?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Ollena wasn't involved in the books was she? Wasn't it Dontos or some random maid or something?

In the books it is implied that it is the Queen of Thorns who poised joffery from Sansa point of view. It is one of those mysteries that never gets solved though. Personally I think it was Martell plot to take over the Iron Throne.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i have to go back and look, but i think its implied that littlefinger and lady olenna did that together. at least thats what i thought. ima check that out today tho cause i aint so sure.

EDIT: i looked on the game of thrones app which is the authority on the story. this is what it says for the queen of thorn's entry

14+-+1

so it looks like yea, lady olenna and littlefinger planned that shyt together. she gave the hairnet to littlefinger who gave it to dontos and during the wedding she grabbed the poison from the hairnet while adjusting sansa's hair.

Last edited: